Chapter 4
804 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Leave none alive... Isn't that obvious? They are threats to us, thus they must be eliminated.'

Such went the thought process in his, Yasou's, head. Once the idea of escape was out, he found no other options left. However, the opposing party barely looked like they considered themselves in any danger at all. With bored expressions did they look at his kitchen knife, before slowly turning their gaze at his burning red eyes.

"Is that the only weapon you have with you?" The wounded guy asked provocatively. "What do you think you can do with that? Look, we aren't here for you, hand over the girl."

"Hand her over? For what, to make me powerless again?"

When he spoke those words, the expression of the 3 changed ever so slightly. Confusion, pity, mockery, he felt barraged by an onslaught of ridicule.

"...Insane." One of the girls said, one with a small stature and short hair contrasting the other girl, before taking scope pointing her rifle at him.

Without hesitation, he flung his knife at her face before anymore could be said, striking her harshly in her throat. Blood gushed out as the knife easily tore through her skin. Before she could fire she already had the metal blade stuck in her throat, and was unable to breathe anymore, before she fell over, the knife piercing straight through the remaining skin. Before the other two could react Yasou lunged forward, grabbing at the man's throat while his hand was still covering his gut wound, which left the man defenseless. With immense power Yasou grabbed him and flung his head to the ground, blood splattering upon the blunt impact striking the head of the wounded inquisitor.

"You're out of your goddamn mind..." He said weakly as blood trickled from his mouth, showing his blood stained teeth.

"Damn right I am!" Yasou yelled while crushing the man's face, giving the finishing blow

The last person standing, visibly shaken, called for backup as she tried maintaining a calm expression. While she loaded her rifle he stried to get within punching range of her. However, he was much too far away to even get close in that split second of time he was given. His anger faded, which made him stare rather surprised at the gun barrel aimed straight at his face.

'Shit.'

White flashed in front of his eyes. Instinctively he jumped away, which made the shot miss his face, instead hitting his left shoulder point blank.

"Agh!"

The pain coursed through his body, making him lose control of his body and plummet to the ground. The red flash in his eyes and the voiced has dissipated, making him defenseless. But the girl hesitated shooting a second time, eyeing the demon that's still lying barely conscious on the couch, and looked unsure which of the 2 to target. More than that, she was visibly trembling, shaking her gun up and down as if she forgot how to properly hold a gun at that moment. Her confidence withered completely away. She shot while shutting her eyes, missing the shot from hitting him completely. However, even with this opportunity presented to him, he still could only drag himself forward as the pain withheld him from making any sharp or sudden movements.

With one still barely awake, one down on the ground and one extremely pressured, it was as if the battlefield was already concluded to a draw, even though neither side could afford to give up. Still, it was exhausting to go on any further for the both of them. Both had reached their mental and physical limit, and so, could only look at eachother with a wry expression, before falling to their knees.

The girl suddenly burst into tears, and slammed her fist into the ground in frustration. She couldn't bear to look up at the damages they faced. Yasou himself felt really scared at the tapped at his still bleeding shoulder, hoping he imagined it. However, what he and the girl didn't notice was that the person he saved wasn't lying on the couch anymore.

Within a blink she appeared behind the girl who dropped her weapon and lifted her upward. The inquisitors expression twisted from frustration to frightened almost immediate. But before she could even squeak her head was flung off her neck.

"...Good work, but not good enough yet..." She said with an equally soft voice as before, as if to comfort him. However, what he saw in those few moments was a bloodthirsty monster. He was unnerved to the core with which person he sided with. It wasn't normal at all to him, he thought about how he shouldn't have sided with a demon and should've just handed her over, he was repulsed by his actions, and he felt he would be killed immediately now that he wasn't useful anymore.

 

But instead of that, she slowly appoached him, and patted his head softly.

"...Sleep... You'll be all better soon."

His fast beating heart became too overwhelmed, his head shut down, and he fainted before he could even utter a "Help."

 

18