Extra: Ratings, Threat Levels, And Levels
1.2k 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A simple guide to levels, threat levels, and ranks

 

 

Levels:

Levels show the amount of experience one has. Typically, the higher the level, the stronger they are. However, that is not always the case. Some monsters, when they evolve, reset their level count. Players, NPCs, and even monsters can also gain a large amount of exp if they kill something far more powerful than themselves, so they might not be as skilled as others but more lucky. Another thing to note is that some classes or monsters gain exp much slower than normal so it takes a long time for them to level up. Even if they are level one, these classes and monsters, especially if the classes are used correctly, make their power level much higher than it already is. The current level cap is 800.

Ranks:

Ranks tie in with levels. You can earn ranking by training, fighting, and just surviving in the wild. Monsters and people with low levels but have a high rank mean they are much more powerful than their level says. Rankings don't appear normally and only appear next to a healthbar if said thing is a boss, and typically once a player challenges them. The rank cap for common monsters and NPCs is 0-50. The rank cap for players is 50-100. The rank cap for players who beat most of the story and raid/legendary bosses is 100-200. There are a couple of exceptions to this, however, like the Legendary World Raid Boss, Elsaline, whose rank is 468, Pallapine, who has a ranking of 336, Cronger, The Old Demon Emperor, who has a ranking of 350, and the final boss, Flashrine, who has what is assumed to be the highest rank available, 500.

Threat Levels:

This does not appear on any appraisals or stats but is used by players and the guild to determine the threat of a monster. The rankings are as followed,

G - You don't have to worry, even a simple unarmed child could kill them.

F - These are mainly a problem for the wildlife as, despite their only threat being their small size, they reproduce quickly. Can be dealt with by using traps.

D - Despite these being in the 'weakling' category, these animals can easily kill someone who is unprepared. Most of them are hunted for food.

C - A actual threat that can easily kill an adult if given the chance. They rely on their intelligence to survive or some adaptation that makes them considerably dangerous.

B - These should be taken as a threat to be dealt with by either highly skilled people or a small army. Some can take a town by themselves or can form large groups and settlements and raise their own army. B+ can take on a small army usually by themselves or can cause severe damage to the surrounding lands.

A - These monsters can take on an army and usually survive. They are intelligent and have a lot of experience, or are very large and powerful. Angering one is not advisable as these monsters normally stay away from humanoids, even avoiding them if they see them.

S - When faced with these monsters, it is best to have a large group of highly skilled people use to hunting A-leveled monsters. Hunting one of these will normally lower one's reputation as, if failed, the chance of a counter-attack is high and will almost always result in the destruction of a city and multiple towns or even a country. Despite their long life span and power, there are actually a lot of S-leveled monsters. They just don't like going near civilized lands as there is less prey there and more, 'annoyances' there as well.

SS - Typically a powerful raid boss or guardians of ancient ruins.

SSS - Typically ancient wyverns, drakes, worms, or snakes.

Cla - Creatures capable of destroying entire countries in a short amount of time. Really only found in the main story, they are typically ancient dragons or deities.

Cla S - Only a few belong here and they are not ranked in the guild, but by players. Monsters like Elsaline, Cronger, Flashrine, and Pallaline are ranked. Despite mainly staying in one place, they can do some harm in some way. Cronger will raise powerful demons upon defeating his foes that will ravish the lands. Pallaline will cause the foes she defeated to have their rank and level decrease. Flashrine has a slim chance of almost entirely resetting her fallen foes and can invade the land with her army, making life difficult for a while. Elsaline however, will cripple the players heavily and crank up the pain meter past what it is normally, making fighting her an incredibly scary and painful experience.

 

I decided to explain the rankings and levels. This will hopefully make things easier to understand.

25