Chapter 27: Monster
707 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ha...Ha… Haha… HAHAHAHAHAHA! You did it! My lord, you did it! Victory! Whoooo!! That was amazing!" Luck danced and scurried in the grass, jumping around like it was the best day of his life. Yet, he was only able to lightly flutter his injured wings to gain a slight elevation off the ground— that was the most his body allowed.

"My Lord?" Luck took a slight moment of pause as he jumped on a rock and peered over the aftermath of the fight… The air stood unnervingly still, and the only thing other than the howling wind he could hear was the sound of heavy breathing.

*Huh…*

His mood shifted a complete and immediate 180 degrees.

There, he saw Alucard… Or, at least who he wanted to believe was Alucard… His clothes were bloody, barely able to stand as he struggled to stay on two feet with his bent legs. His right arm was completely limp, like it was made out of jello, dangling to the ground as it dripped blood like a faucet. His face was nearly unrecognizable, and his red eyes were wide and barbaric, pulsing with the rhythm of a beating heart… He was unable to believe his own eyes… Was that really…

"My Lord! It's all over! You won! You won! You're injured! Calm down and let me heal you! Y-" His words were cut off short. Like a pouncing wolf, Alucard lunged at the charred body ahead of him like his life depended on it and dug his wide fangs into its neck… The smell of evaporated blood was still fresh over the corpse yet the taste of the flesh was burnt and rocky.

He growled slightly, spitting out pebbles of ash out of his mouth as he redirected his gaze towards the other bleeding corpse in the distance, the one that was completely headless.

Once again, struggling to move, he forced his body to the other side of the forest, His sharp, predator-like teeth tightly clenched, his heavy breathing more than visible in the cold, nighttime air, blood gushing and exploding out of the cracks of his armour with every step until he reached his target.

*Huh…* *Huh…* *Huh…* *HUUUHHH...*

Like he was a rabid dog who had not seen food in weeks, he dove down towards the headless corpse and sunk his teeth into its throat, ripping out parts of his neck and chest and eating them raw.

Luck was completely speechless as he watched who he did not want to believe was his lord drain all the blood out of the body like a juice box, the vigour from the corpse was sucked out dry until what was left of it was a gray, barren, bony husk of what it once was. It was like a syphon, as the corpse grew more and more scrawny Alucard's wounds began to heal and his power and vitality were restored, all at a speed visible to the naked eye.

"M-my lord…" He muttered his first words in seemingly forever as he hopped down and intuitively slowly began inching closer and closer towards his saviour.

That was when a sudden chill went down his spine as he looked at the grim display ahead of him, and the glowing eyes that pierced his heart. It was like he was walking straight towards hell itself. His heart lurched deep down in his chest and his face became as damp as a river. It was an odd sensation… He wanted to inch closer, like an instinct in his body was motivating him to go out and help his lord but at the same time, the feeling of utter fear was lingering ever so close as well, telling him to run away as far as he could before it was too late.

'AAAHHHHHHHH!!' He inwardly screamed in his hurting head, his hands over his heavily beating heart.

That was when he finally came to a decision… He took his hands off his chest and clenched his fists tightly— he studied his shaky gaze and strode forward towards the amalgamation of demonic wildness ahead of him.

Mountains were on his shoulders. With every step, he felt like he was going to tumble and die from the aura and savage killing intent exuding from him. Yet, he did not stop or waver. The only thing motivating him was to help his lord… To snap him out of his madness like he would have done for him.

By the time Luck reached Alucard, he had already moved on to the severed head and had nearly degraded it back to a skull.

"PLEASE! MY LORD! SNAP OUT OF IT! CALM DOWN! IT'S ALREADY OVER!! PLEASE!" Luck tugged him on the hand with all that he had, his screams not very loud yet exceptional considering his tiny stature.

"More… More blood… blood..." He heard faint, breath-like whispers from above him as Alucard removed his mouth from the head underneath.

That was when his gaze was redirected at Luck who was grabbing onto him from below, and for the first time… They made eye contact, Alucard's snake-like tongue licking all the residual blood on his face as he prepared for his next meal.

"M-m-m-my lord... N-no... I-is that really y-you?"

Just like before, he lunged down towards the only blood-filled creature around him with his mouth first, and luck reacted instinctively by raising his arms up out of fear and looking away.

"AAAHHHHHHHHH!!"

Monstrously large fangs dug into Luck's whole right arm as it could barely hang on to his main corpse other than by a small thread of connecting flesh.

*GRRRR!!*

For the first time since coming to this new reality, Luck cried… His child-like tears flowing from his purple, slightly open eyes like a waterfall, snot filling his bloody, rosy, distressed face.

"M-my... Lord…"

Suddenly, there was a flash and an image that appeared in the monster's red, blood-filled vision…  A flash of a red-eyed little black-haired boy… The terrified, injured and bloody face of a child...  one cowering in the corner from a shadowy, merciless demonic giant towering over him.

And, just like that… Colour came back into his eyes and his mind was unshackled and free. His vision was once again clear and, more than clear was what he was doing in front of him.

His red eyes immediately started losing their demonic brightness and began to quiver at what was in front of him. He felt a terrible wave of pain ravage his non-existent heart and undead soul as he immediately opened his mouth and released Luck's arm that was barely attached free. Another pulse of mental agony overcame his body. He clenched his unbeating heart out of human instinct and crawled back until he tripped, making him lie down on his back staring at the moon with trembling, crying eyes, his arms over his crimson hands holding his blood-stained head.

"What-what have I done… What have I become… I've become what I hated and sickened me most... I've become one of those demons in my life... A... Monster..."

Alucard...

Do you want more art?
  • Yes! I want more! Votes: 70 100.0%
  • No, please stop, I don't like it... Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 70
22