Chapter 2 – Rising Town
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Author's note: As this is a novel with sword and magic, the world setting is like the medieval Europe)

It was a huge building that was impossible to miss if you passed by. My excitement rose to the peak. I took my first step inside. Seems like I came a little too early so there were only a few other students and adults present. 

'Now, what should I do?'

I was thinking what to do now as the recruitment to the academy would happen only after about 1 hour and I had nothing else to do. So, I decided to explore the town to pass the time. I actually don't know anything about the town as I came straight to the academy after coming here. The only thing I knew was that the name of the town was' Rising Town'. Apparently, this was because the greatest Swordsman in history was born here. Coincidentally, he was also the swordsman who defeated the demon king 300 years ago. Anyway, I walked around the town without any destination. There were various shops and food stalls around. Before leaving the forest, Master gave me enough money to make a living so I decided to try the food.

Not to brag, but I'm a pretty good cook. As a fellow cook, I really admire the cooks in this town because the food was DELICIOUS. I know cooking because my master taught me every life skill I could possibly learn. But the only thing I cooked and ate these past years was monster meat. Anyway, other than the food, the town was thriving. There were people talking to each other, buying stuffs and walking around. As my first time being around so many people, I felt extremely refreshed. There was also an adventurer's guild built to prevent any monsters from invading the town. You could become an adventurer as long as you can pass the test. 

After walking around some more, I decided to go back to the academy as it was being filled by people now. And it began. The recruitment.

(Author's Note: As this is a fantasy novel, there will be various races like elves, demi-humans, dwarves and other fantasy races you could think of. There will also be various monsters like dragons, ogres, minotaur, orcs and many more. They will be introduced later in the story. And one of the many heroines will be introduced in the next chapter :) Be sure to give your reviews in the comments.)

0