Minimum preparations
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sketches of the first illustration of Red Overpowered are finished and the contributors will receive the final illustration soon. 

Thanks again for your financial support, without which nothing is possible.

------

Thanks to the new contributor Stephaus for his level 5 subscription. Your help is crucial.

-----

POV LOGAN

It was 6 o'clock in the morning while the sun was not yet up. The first thing I saw when I woke up I saw Aria sleeping peacefully in the white bed in accordance with her fur. 

"If Aria is to follow me and then take her independence she has to become stronger. For that she will have to get skills, levels and her class. I'm going to focus on her training as soon as possible." (Logan)

I walked over to her and gently woke her up. As she slowly came back to those spirits.

"I feel like you had a really good night's sleep. At the same time considering what you've been through nothing could be more normal." (Logan)

"Yes I slept very well and it was a long time ago i don't had a good nigth thank you."

"Good, go get dressed." I said as I threw him some clothes I had made.

"They are a little heavy." Observed she.

"It's normal it's clothes so you can fight. They are equipped with hard leather and metal plates. Today will be the first day of your training, if you want to follow me you have to be stronger." (Logan)

She then quickly got dressed as I waited for her outside the room. She came out after a few seconds, looking determined. We then walked out of the hostel and into town. I had to go and get my arm treated, so I looked for a place to do that. I asked several passers-by who directed me to a small practice. It was a healer who managed it, so I had to pay 2 silver coins to be treated. 

However, as the process went on, an intense pain ran down my arm. Because the burned nerve endings were being restored. I just gritted my teeth until the treatment was over. 

Once that was done, I asked this healer where i can found healing potions for adventurers. He told me that he sold them himself so I bought a large stock. The healing potions had several levels of healing. Some potions could heal completely but they were very expensive, about 100 silver coins a bottle.

I had bought 50 bottles of healing at about 20% healing so 20 silver coins a bottle. For a total of 1 gold coin, I then went to a gun store. However, the first manager I met was not very accommodating. 

"There's no way this beast is coming into my store!" (Manager)

"But she's my slave and I need for me to she acquire a weapon." (Logan)

"Well you just have to ask her what she wants, but she will stay out!" (Manager)

Aria couldn't go into the store and ask him which weapon would fit her was not an option. Because she had to find a weapon that fit her and that she would have an affinity with. So I finally went to another store where she could test the weapons. On some of the buildings there were signs where it said no half-human, Beast Man. After a long time of searching I finally found a store.

This time Aria could test different weapons: axe, bow, attack gauntlet. Until she lifted a gigantic mace with difficulty before falling with it. I then laughed when she fell.

"You think it's funny ?" She says red with shame.

"Not at all," I said with a smile.

Aria then puffed up her cheeks vexed by the mockery and my little lie. After a few minutes she finally chose a medium sized sword that gave her very good mobility. She started to make movements with it. Movements that were very wide and fluid.

"I feel like you've found what looks best on you." (Logan)

"Yes, it's perfect for me." She says with a smile. "But is it okay? It's really expensive." She says worried.

"No, don't worry." I said smiling.

I then finished the transaction at the price of 100 silver coins. I was now almost out of money. Fortunately I had collected some money during my big hunt. Then I had to make the last and most important purchase : food and water. I plan to stay in this forest long enough with her. Until she is a sufficient level. We then went to the guild, always welcomed by Marie. 

"The night was pleasant? "(Marie)

"It was restorative thank you." (Logan)

"You are much more beautiful like that, I see that Logan already takes care of you." Said Marie smiling warmly at him.

"Yes..." Said she not knowing how to react. "

"Don't worry I'm not for discrimination you can talk to me as you like." Marie whispered to her, still smiling.

Aria was then surprised so much that she looked at Logan, who nodded and smiled.

"Marie do you know someone who would lend a bag of objects? "(Logan)

"Item bags are very hard to make and very rare so I doubt anyone would lend you one. But if you really want to get one, I know where you can go." (Mary)

"Tell me." Said I then interested.

She then told me where I needed to go to have the opportunity to find an item bag.

"Thanks Marie, we'll go." I said and also picked up multiple quests on the quest board.

"Alright good hunting and good training to you Aria." Said Marie all smiles. 

Aria looked at her without saying a word before following me.

We then headed to the place Marie indicated. It was a narrow shopping street that we ventured down. Before going down into a dark basement lit by torches. Until finally arriving in a gigantic underground market.

"From now on, please keep calm Aria." I said as I looked at her.

She nodded her head in agreement. We both walked into this market where you could see multiple stalls. Some were selling potions, weapons, monster materials. And others were trafficking in living things, with cages full of half-humans. Cat men, dog men, rabbit men and many others crammed into cages, with slave collars around their necks. 

There were even humans who were imprisoned, probably people who had accumulated debts or criminals.

Aria was walking next to me and you could see the tension on her face. While mine showed now no expression at all. While you could see with the naked eye that they were all very malnourished. Because of the weakness and the thinness of their bodies, and injuries on they bodies.

"Oh a new face in our underground market." Said a man and approaching Logan.

It was a man with a top hat and black-backed glasses. Dressed in purple and yellow clothing. Which I quickly observed before answering him.

"Are you Macron?" (Logan)

"Yes, and who is asking?" (Macron)

"I introduce myself I'm Logan and this is my slave Aria." (Logan)

"Oh those red eyes are you that new adventurer called Red? " (Macron)

"That's right me." (Logan)

"And what does your visit want with me?" (Macron)

"It seems to me that it was you who approached me first. " (Logan)

"Well, I was fascinated by this new face and especially his red eyes." He says with a vicious look.

"You're interested in my eyes but unfortunately they're not for sale." (Logan)

"Oh what a shame, but apparently you were looking for me." He said with an interested look.

"Marie sent me, I'm looking for an object bag, do you have one?" (Logan)

"Well yes, but you know it's expensive." He said as he rubbed his beard.

"How much exactly?" (Logan)

"Well that depends on the quality of the item bag." (Macron)

"I'd like a D-rank one." (Logan)

"That will be 20 gold coins." (Macron)

Logan currently had no money left and 20 gold coins were not something you could get just like that.

"That's the price in line with the market, as marie told me. But since it's going to be a loan everything will depend on the interest." (Logan)

After I finished thinking, I finally announced the color to the merchant.

"Well, you see, I want to take out a loan." (Logan)

The merchant immediately smiled vigorously.

"I see, well the interest rate is 10 gold coins per month." (Macron)

Aria's face tightened and she glared at Macron. She knew clearly that this was a scam and abusive. With a rate like that, paying it back would be almost impossible.

Getting gold coins is hard enough, so even if Logan managed to collect 10 gold coins in a month. The next month he would still have to pay twenty. And this is the optimistic case, in the worst case the debt would grow endlessly. Until Logan was turned into a slave to pay his debt.

This idea run through Aria's mind and she couldn't accept. Her savior turned into a slave out of question. A bloodlust began to emanate from her.

<Unstable emotions and bloodlust detect, Berserker mode activates involuntarily.>

Aria's pupils began to dilate as her teeth lengthened, an aura beginning to emanate from her. As Macron instinctively backed away, Aria was ready to pounce on him.

But Logan rubbed her head and looked at her kindly. She then calmed down, as a drop of sweat rolled down Macron's face.

"Alright, I accept your offer, I will pay you the money every month."  (Logan)

"Alright then let's sign a contract..." (Macron)

POV narrateur

Logan then took her face with one hand and looked into her eyes and her previously emotionless facial expression changed. The face Logan now presented to Macron inspired only one thing: fear.

"Don't push your luck a little too far! I know that these abusive interests have only one objective, that once i became a slave you can take my eyes! Besides, do I look like someone who doesn't keep his promises?" (Logan)

"You... You're right a simple verbal contract should be enough and then if it's Mary who sends you it should be fine." He stammered trying to correct himself.

"Well I prefer that, if there is a problem come to the guild." (Logan)

Logan then let go and the man handed him the item bag.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Macron." (Logan)

Logan then slipped away with Aria quietly.

"I better be more careful who I try to scam." Macron sighed as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

On the way home, a man was beating a rabbit girl to death.

"Ahh... Stop...I... Please." (Bunny girl)

She saw Logan and Aria walk by and begged them to help her.

"Please help me I don't want to be a slave anymore..." She shouted with tears in her eyes.

"Do you really think anyone will help you you piece of trash!" shouted the man.

She was grabbed by her ears before being beaten by the man again.

"Ahhhh... no..." (Bunny Girl)

Logan quietly passed by and walked out of the market with Aria. While blood was now dripping on the ground and panicked screams were heard from it. The screams were no longer coming from the girl or the others locked in the cages but from the merchants and customers nearby.

A spike had pierced the man's head splashing the wall. And spraying small droplets of blood on the girl's face. That day, a slave trader died mysteriously without any trace of magic to be found.

----------

Chapters 32-33-34-35 36-37-38-39 are already available here: 

https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 1 €. It is important for me to be independent

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Stephaus for her subscription level 5.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Jeffrey for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Bryce for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Moha for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Matthieu for his subscription level 1

2