Training in the circular forest 4
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boom, boom, boom!"

A multitude of spikes shot out of the ground, attacks that Aria all dodged. Before she pulverized several targets that flew into pieces. She then jumped into the air, dodging another attack she felt coming.

Before landing in front of Logan and giving him a smile, she had managed to dodge all the attacks. And she was finally coming to the end of this 12th week of training. And while she was still laughing, a spike hit Aria's head, sending her away, head in the ground and buttocks in the air.

"Ouch!" She shouted as a bump appeared on her forehead as she stood up.

And this time the laughter had switched sides because it was Logan laughing at her as she held her forehead with her bump.

"Don't get too cocky." Said Logan with a smiling yet serious face.

"I'm finally able to dodge everything, I'm not allowed to be happy." (Aria)

"Yes you can be happy, but without arrogance it would be better." (Logan)

"But..." (Aria)

Another spike then hit Aria's butt causing her to fall to the ground.

"No buts." (Logan)

With a red face, Aria got up quickly this time without complaining. The twelve weeks having come to an end it was time for them to leave the forest and go back to the city briefly. They had to buy water and some food again. Then to sell the materials of the monsters they had collected because the bag had begun to reach its maximum capacity.

The problem that Logan now faced was paying for the item bag. Knowing that the price was increasing by 10 gold coins per month. The total was now more than 50 gold coins.

"In this world there are 4 types of coins: Copper, silver, gold and finally platinum. Each coin has a specific value, if I compare with my old world: 

First, the copper coins are equivalent to €100, then the silver coins at €10,000. Then gold coins at €1,000,000 and finally platinum coins at €100,000,000. The calculation is simple, each coin is worth one hundred times the value of the next, for example 100 copper coins are equivalent to one silver coin. 100 silver coins are worth 1 gold coin and 100 gold coins are worth 1 platinum coin.

So they turned back and left the forest, passing through the big city gates to get to the guild. Entering the guild they went to Marie's counter who welcomed them with a smile. 

"It's been three months since you left I thought maybe something had happened to you." (Marie)

"No thankfully but we won't be staying long, we plan to leave again soon." (Logan)

"I see and how did the training go?" (Marie)

"It went very well so far, in fact can you inspect our item bag?" (Logan)

"Sure." (Marie)

Marie then inspected all the evidence of subjugation of monsters they had killed. She did not touch the silver wires and silver furs of the wolves that Logan did not want to sell. After finally a complete and detailed analysis, Marie handed Logan 1 gold coin.

"Logan by the way one of Macron's men stopped by the guild looking for you." (Marie)

"Yes he's probably looking for me for the payments, can you do me a favor?" (Logan)

"Sure." (Marie)

"If that man comes by again tell him that Logan intends to pay his debts." Says Logan as he leaves already.

"One last thing several groups of adventurers recently disappeared while entering the circular forest. They disappeared with the goal of reaching the center of the forest." (Marie)

"Has this happened before?" (Logan)

"No never precisely, we are conducting our investigations, so be very careful." (Marie)

"All right, thank you." (Logan)

Their discussion over the two turned on their heels to leave the guild and Marie briefly called out to Aria.

"Take good care of Logan." (Marie)

Aria then nodded to him with a small smile. Finally after that Logan made some basic purchases like drinking water and some food. Even though they were mainly feeding on monster meat for the moment. He also bought some brief spices and this time some good cooking utensils to prepare the meals. Because until now he had cooked the meat on a vulgar iron plate. Then once all the shopping was done, they left the city once again and headed for the forest. Where the training was going to continue inevitably not only for Aria but also for Logan. 

On the way, they came across monsters from the first part of the forest again. Like wolves, spiders, Noras and low level monsters that they had no difficulty in exterminating. Then both of them finally came back to the place from where they had left. Then Aria's ears twitched warning her of danger, which she immediately dodged. It was a spike that shot out of the ground, but without respite several others shot out, forcing Aria to dodge.

"Arg!" Screamed Aria scratched by the attack.

She then looked at her shoulder and could see a slight gash on it. The spikes that were once rounded so as not to hurt her were now sharp and could pierce her. Looking away from her wound, she could see Logan in the distance in a fighting position.

"Bring it on Aria!" (Logan)

She then smiled the instinct of the fight getting the better of her, mixed with her excitement. 

"You won't have to tell me twice!" (Aria)

She then drew her sword and threw herself in Logan's direction as she was assaulted by a wave of attacks that broke the ground. So she made a big jump to dodge before swinging multiple water balls. And a wall immediately appeared to protect Logan, the wall had taken some damage but not enough to break it far to that. So Aria tried to get closer to Logan to try to attack him at a shorter distance. 

"If I get close enough to him he will in no way be able to protect himself in time since he needs his hands to make contact with the ground." (Aria)

With this goal in mind she started to run faster than she already was, multiplying her number of attacks by two at the same time. After a long exchange, the wall receiving a large barrage of attacks finally began to break down quickly.

 Logan wanted to build another wall as soon as possible but while he was doing so a shadow had formed over his head. A big ball of water fell on him forcing him to dodge, so his hands lost contact with the ground. And Aria didn't lose this opportunity to attack him in any way, her sword coiled by the water element in order to increase the strength of the attack.

<Aquatic blade controlled at over 28%>

Logan then raised his hand to meet the sword, and stopped it before Aria's stunned eyes. 
"What!" (Aria)

Logan grabbed the blade firmly before swinging Aria with it, who was sent several feet away. Logan immediately reconnected to the ground and the spikes shot out again towards Aria. The exchange of attacks then started again, but it was sterile because the two were neutralizing each other. Aria was kept at a distance as she was forced to squander her mana on ineffective ranged attacks. 

"If the fight continues to drag on I will get exhausted and quickly run out of mana. And at that point the fight will be over for me, especially since he doesn't seem to be getting tired. If only I knew how his powers work!" She sighed annoyed by the situation.

While Logan was in great shape, he continued his attacks without any respite.

"She must have realized it by now, deprived of her strongest element and unable to touch me. She will end up using up all her mana very quickly and the fight will then come to an end. It's a very good training for her in every sense of the word, the real confrontation with an opponent stronger than oneself! Nevertheless, when a beast is cornered it unlocks immense resources to survive. And luckily for you, you have a card in your hand so it's time Aria show me!" (Logan)

The wall that protected Logan was suddenly shattered by a single water ball. While all the following ones literally pulverized the wall, forcing Logan to dodge. As several spikes on the field all exploded throwing multiple debris into the area. As Aria now emerged from the smoke screen caused by the smoke explosion.

<Bestial Fury has just been activated all your stats are increased by 50%>


Chapters 36 to 53 are already available on my Patreon

 

https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

 

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €. It is important for me to be independent

 

Thanks to the contributors.

 

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

 

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

 

Thanks to Exwery  for his subscription level 3

1