CH 7 : YOUNG EMPEROR AWAKENS
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Observing while staying hidden, two people in black and white had a look of surprise.

The one in black started talking: "This is!? Well, as expected from pre-school's top geniuses, right Whitey?"

"Indeed, Blackie. Who would have thought that they could fight against a One Talon Monster?"

"But that will be as far as they can do, right Whitey?"

"Indeed, Blackie. In the end, she will be dead all the same."

Each of them took out a talisman.

One with the word [RECOVER].

Another one with the word [FORCE].

Then, both said in unison: "Activate!!"

Afterward, both talismans flashed and disappeared into light particles.

After using [Aurora Thousand Illusion Strike], Mei Yue'er dropped on the ground, gasping. She had to lean on a tree nearby, unable to stand straight. Her face was pale from blood loss and exhaustion.

As for Sun Wuji, after he confirmed that the Wight Wolf was out cold, he released his grip and turned his body back to the original. His complexion was no better than Mei Yue'er, completely lying down.

An incredible feat of taking down a Talon Monster did not give any joy or pride to them. What was left was only sorrow.

Thus, no word was uttered. Tears started to tickle down their faces in silence. They were both close their eyes to reminisce memories of their lost brother, not noticing a sudden glow glimmering from the Wight Wolf.

Mei Yue'er slowly walked toward Sun Wuji, one step at a time, and sat down next to him: "Let's go, Wuji!! It's still not safe for us to be here like this."

Sun Wuji snarled in his utmost rage: "No. I will recover and freaking kill it with my own hands!!"

It appeared that although the Wight Wolf was unconscious, they did not even have the strength left to deliver a final blow. However, Mei Yue'er thought otherwise: "It's not wise to wait and recover here. Let's go back and hunt it when we become stronger."

"…" Sun Wuji subtly agreed by not rejecting the idea, still, he gritted his teeth in anger.

Mei Yue'er stood up and stretched her hand out to support him up. Sun Wuji in his flat position looked up at Mei Yue'er, and suddenly his pupils shrank to a needle size in shock.

Noticing the change in Sun Wuji's expression, Mei Yue'er asked: "What's wrong?"

VROOOM!!

A suppressive force even stronger than before was crushing on them. Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji's expression grievously darkened. The Wight Wolf was standing over Mei Yue'er's head without any injuries at all.

It was like the Wight Wolf was back at the beginning before they even fought, while they were completely exhausted and covered in wounds.

Mei Yue'er: "H-How can this be!?" Her voice was trembling in despair before a battle cry was made from below.

"YOU WILL NOT BREAK MY WILL TO PROTECT!!"

From the depth of his very being, Sun Wuji roared out and rebelled against the suppressive force descending upon him by sacrificing his own flesh and blood. He was mutilated beyond recognition, yet he still charged at the beast with everything he had got. But, …

With no Theríon left and no stone transformation, a simple swipe attack from the Wight Wolf harshly blew him back to the ground as his blood splashed all over the place.

"Are you alright, Wu …"

The same way as Feng Luotian, before Mei Yue'er could even finish her sentence, she was eaten by the Wight Wolf.

And a second before that, Sun Wuji was unlucky enough to open his eyes and witness the scene playing out again. The scene where both of his friends were eaten was imprinted on his soul: "This can't be true. This is a nightmare!!"

Unable to accept this reality, Sun Wuji used his hamstrung arm to repeatedly punch his own face trying to wake himself up from this hellish nightmare.

More blood was gushing out from his mouth where it was already quite gory, but he did not seem to be waking up from this at all.

To the ones in hiding

The one in black said: "We have accomplished the mission. But, just to be sure. Let's kill this guy as well, right Whitey?"

"Indeed, Blackie. It would be too pitiful if we do not send him to meet with his brother and sister, seeing that he had suffered so much from it."

"Wight Wolf!! Kill him!!"

"Indeed. Wight Wolf!! Kill him!!"

They gave a command to the Wight Wolf to finish off Sun Wuji as well.

The Wight Wolf opened its mouth ready to have its third dish today. As for Sun Wuji, he continued hitting his own face, not caring whether he would live or die.

Yet, at that moment, a gargantuan magic circle of light appeared in the sky right above the monster, freezing it completely.

A few seconds later, a beam of light descended down from the magic circle upon the Wight Wolf, ripping it in half in the process.

Rain of blood dyed the scene red.

The explosion caused fogs of dust to go around everywhere.

The unforeseen development gave the man in black and white a bombshell. They could sense that their monster was killed in an instant. Their expressions were all flustered compared to a placid look from before.

"What's with that magic formation, Whitey!?"

"I don't know, Blackie. But it has the power to kill our Talon Monster in a single strike."

"There might an expert around. Let's leave, Whitey!!"

"Indeed, Blackie. They must be at least a peak Warrior or even a Master. We are no match for them. Let's go!!"

With that, they fled the scene as swiftly as they can.

Sun Wuji was jolted back to reality by the thunderous sound of the explosion. He tried to raise his head in his lying state to look around in stupefaction and saw nothing but fog clouding the scene around him. He wanted to go and check what was going on, but he was too injured to move around.

Amidst the fog, a figure was standing at the center of the wolf's exploded corpse. It was Feng Luotian who was firmly standing while carrying Mei Yue'er in his arms. Both of them were completely red, wholly covered in blood.

Consciousness returned to Feng Luotian.

Still closing his eyes, Feng Luotian gained new memories from his past life.

The life of a man with the title of [Blue-Eyes Phoenix Young Emperor].

The life of a man who had conquered most of the Realms alongside his father.

The life of a man who had reached Divine Immortal cultivation with the youngest age in history.

The life of a man who killed millions with a single shot of his arrow.

Combining his past memories, his knowledge, his ruthlessness, and his will with his current memory, he inwardly began his recollection.

This year is Year 145 of a Phoenix Constellation Cycle … This is great!! The ritual actually worked!!

If everything stays the same as before, there will be some time for me to prepare before 'their' first raid.

This is Divine Bird City … that's Yue'er's hometown.

Yue'er … It really is a miracle that I can see you again in this lifetime.

I don't even know how to describe my feeling right now. And Father, I got your message, thanks.

In his past life, Feng Luotian was born elsewhere, not Divine Bird City.

He came to this city with his father and fell in love with Mei Yue'er.

Later, they were married and had lived a couple of centuries together on another peaceful planet far away from any conflict before a fateful war pressured Feng Luotian to act.

Feng Luotian did not want Mei Yue'er to be implicated in this war, and this planet was safe enough. Thus, he left by himself.

In his absence, sudden news of Mei Yue'er's homeland being invaded came, forcing her to go back. Ultimately, she met her end there.

When Feng Luotian heard and confirmed the news of Mei Yue'er's death, he had been in grief for several years, haunted by it, which gravely stagnated his growth in cultivation.

Now, however, his father directly sent him here to be with her since young.

This was like his father saying: "If you do not wish to see her die again … protect her!! I can only make you meet her faster so that you will not have any regret later on."

Because of that, he really felt gratified.

Feng Luotian continued his recollection.

My sworn brother, Sun Wuji. With his talent, why haven't I heard of this name in my past life?

Anyway, whatever occurred, now that you are my brother, I won't let anything happen to you again.

And Ying Lizhua, hehe, never would I expect that the leader of Crimson Zephyr Organization was born here and became another sworn brother of mine in this lifetime.

And what is this 'God's Cripple Son'? Heh, is it that bad just to be a commoner?

I swear that as a commoner, I can make a better benefit to the world than some of the evil cultivators.

But why am I a commoner?

Feng Luotian carefully troubleshot his body by trying to activate his Theríon.

Ah, I see!! So, you have paid attention to my explanation about the bloodline interfusion, Father.

With his past knowledge, Feng Luotian knew exactly what was wrong with his body and how to resolve the problem in seconds.

You have my thanks yet again!! This will definitely be a game-changer in saving the world from its calamitic fate this time.

Hmm? No recollection of Mother? Why don't I have her info?

Feng Luotian tried to think of the reasons behind it, but no answers came to his mind.

Sigh … Never mind it for now. I'll ask around when I have the chance.

And Father's imperial decree? Hahaha, no shit!! This is NOT making things easier for me at all.

Opposite to that, I will have to clean this mess you have made.

But eventually, it is to help me become stronger faster than before, I guess?

Alright then!! The opportunity has finally presented itself.

I will get stronger, and strong enough to protect everyone in this world … from THEM!!

2