CH 9 : PEACOCK SCHOOL
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon reaching the city wall, city guards were alerted by the appearance of a group of three. All three were covered in bloodstained and tattered clothes.

And one of them was unconscious.

Especially the unconscious one …

… she was none other than the city lord's beloved daughter.

The city guards received the three of them and quickly informed their captain.

Once the city guard captain was aware of this matter, he directly brought them to where the city lord resided, Peacock Pavilion.

But before heading to Peacock Pavilion, one had to pass through Peacock School first, because Peacock Pavilion was situated within Peacock School's territory.

The school covered a square area that spanned for kilometers. Its wall was as tall and as thick as a giant.

Normal cultivators would have a hard time climbing or penetrating the wall if they ever wanted to infiltrate or attack the school.

Of course, like in any other martial universe, cultivators could fly in the air when they had become strong enough. However, … they had to be at the Wing Realm.

Wing Realm was one realm above Talon Realm, two realms above Fang Realm.

Fang Realm was a realm where cultivators learned how to use their Theríon and train their bloodline using it to fight in the battle, in other words, they had to learn how to bear their 'fang' at the enemies. Fang Realm was divided into ten ranks and had the title 'Fighter', so everyone in Fang Realm would be between One Fang Fighter to Ten Fangs Fighter.

Talon Realm was a realm where cultivators began to borrow lifeforce from the earth and transformed it to Theríon then used it in battle, in other words, they had to learn how to use their 'talon' to absorb energies from the earth. Talon Realm was divided into four ranks and had the title 'Warrior', so everyone in Talon Realm would be between One Talon Warrior to Four Talons Warrior.

Wing Realm was a realm where cultivators used their Theríon to communicate with the air around them, which allowed them to walk, float, and fly in the air. Wing Realm was divided into eight ranks and had the title 'Master', so everyone in Wing Realm would be between One Wing Master to Eight Wings Master.

Climbing each Rank required experience, hard work, comprehension, talent, and determination. Lacking one would result in stagnation to their cultivation, making them advance slower than others.

However, in any place, money could buy a shortcut to anything.

A cultivator with a richer family could very well do better than those without because they had supports of cultivation resources from their family. As a result, these families or clans could produce Talon Warriors or even Wing Masters.

For those normal families, they would have little hope in producing even one Talon Warrior in ten or more generations.

For commoners and normal cultivators in this city, the only way in and out of Peacock School was at the school Gate.

There was a tight screen at the Gate where everyone had to be thoroughly checked before they could enter.

Currently, they, the city guard captain and his men who were transporting Mei Yue'er on an emergency stretcher along with Feng Luotian and Sun Wuji, were at the school Gate.

But fortunately, with the status, authority, and familiarity of each member in the group, there was no need to get in line for screening. Especially when the screening staff saw Mei Yue'er on the stretcher, they quickly gave a pass to their entries.

Peacock School was run by Mei Clan.

Mei Yue'er's father was the Clan's current Clan Chief, which meant that her father was also the headmaster of the school. Therefore, there was no need for them to do any check as they were entering the school on Mei Clan's matter.

They quickly entered the school and directly head towards an Alchemy Center which was located two alleys before Peacock Pavilion.

The Alchemy Center was one of the school's facilities where cultivators were specifically proficient in medical knowledge and making pills. Here was where they sold various pills for cultivators and cured them of any disease or injury. It could practically be considered as a hospital for the school.

When they were about to enter the Alchemy Center, at the same time, a group of people was walking out of the place.

Once the leader of the group noticed Feng Luotian: "Oh? Isn't this an almighty God's Cripple Son? How may I be of service today?"

He gave out a smirk after he delivered what he thought would be the most sarcastic remark of all. His men also followed the suit and laughed at Feng Luotian disdainfully.

The leader was a chubby youth. His overall appearance gave off an air of a young master from an extremely rich family. Fine clothes, shining accessories, along with an exquisite sword emitting a powerful aura.

After the leader spotted a beauty on the stretcher, he changed his expression and moved to her side: "Hmm? Yue'er? What happened? Why is my Yue'er unconscious? Feng Luotian!! Did you do this to her!?" Actually, he already knew that there was nothing serious about her wellbeing, but he wanted to put the blame on Feng Luotian, so he overly acted out.

Sun Wuji commented on the guy's question: "Your Yue'er? Heh … when did she become one of yours, Mei Hongli?"

So, the group leader's name was Mei Hongli. He was a son of Mei Clan's second elder, two years older than Mei Yue'er, and also one of her pursuers. Currently, he was a Seven Fangs Fighter, but not that he was talented nor hardworking. This was one of the cultivators who cultivated with nothing but money. This Alchemy Center was managed by the second elder of Mei Clan, who was also the elder of Peacock School. Every cultivator needed pills and medication to survive and advance in their cultivations. So, the money went through here even more than the city lord's office. As a son of this Alchemy Center's manager, Mei Hongli indeed had more gold in his pocket than others.

Feng Luotian completely ignored Mei Hongli's taunt and cupped his hands to the city guard captain and his men: "Seniors, please go ahead and tend to Yue'er. After we finish here, we will go to the Peacock Pavilion and report to Uncle Mei."

The city guard captain gave a side glance to Mei Hongli then back to Feng Luotian: "Alright, but will 'you' be alright?"

Feng Luotian: "Thank you, Senior, for worrying about me. It will be just a small dispute. Everything will be fine."

The city guard captain: "Since you said it, we will be on our way." After that, they took off while carrying Mei Yue'er into the Alchemy Center.

Mei Hongli became a little irritated when he was ignored earlier. When his men noticed that their leader's mood had been stirred, one of them shouted out: "Feng Luotian!! Young Master Hongli asked if you were the one who hurt Young Lady Mei. Just speak the truth and admit it!!"

Now that Mei Yue'er had been taken care of, Feng Luotian turned his attention to this group: "Sigh, I really pity all of you for having no brains."

The one who shouted earlier instantly became angry with Feng Luotian's words: "What did you say!?"

And other Mei Hongli's men asked in a wave, like an echo: "Yeah, what do you mean by that?"

Feng Luotian calmly answered with a hidden mockery in his words: "What? Do I have to explain that? Okay, kids, listen to my question carefully. How could I, a cripple, be able to hurt Yue'er, someone who was a mid-stage Fang Fighter? Please kindly enlighten me with a reasonable and sound answer."

Mei Hongli's men only gave each other a glance, but no answer was coming out.

3