CH 11 : PEACOCK LORD
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing the business with those idiots, Feng Luotian and Sun Wuji quickly walked toward Peacock Pavilion where the city lord was administering the city's matters.

As a matter of fact, Mei Clan was not only running Peacock School, they were also managing Divine Bird City. Thus, not only was Mei Yue'er's father a headmaster of Peacock School, but he was also a city lord of Divine Bird City.

Peacock Pavilion was a five-stories pagoda, built from the most refined jade and stone. Even seeing from outside, one could have a feeling of a mountain filling with treasures.

However, inside the Pavilion, there was more management than treasure.

Each floor was designated to take care of matters in the city, depending on the importance and urgency of the matters.

The first floor would be responsible for the most insignificant business like a lost cat, while the fifth floor, where the city lord was, would be supporting the most important business. Today, Feng Luotian and Sun Wuji came to have an audience with the city lord, so they were going straight to the fifth floor.

Upon entering the hall on the fifth floor, they saw two men, one sitting, and one standing at the other side of the hall.

The one sitting with a table full of scrolls and documents in front of him was in his middle age, while the one standing on the side waiting for any consultation from the one sitting was quite old.

The one sitting was Mei Yue'er's father and Mei Clan's current Clan Chief as well as Divine Bird City's city lord and Peacock School's Headmaster, Mei Xuankong.

He was the strongest cultivator in Divine Bird City with the cultivation of Five Wings Master.

With his status and strength, together with his clan's bloodline [Thousand Illusion Aurora Peacock], he was titled as [Peacock Lord].

The one standing was Mei Clan's First Elder, Mei Changkong. He was also one of Divine Bird City's top dogs as he was Four Wings Master.

Feng Luotian: "Greetings, Uncle Mei, and First Elder!!"

Sun Wuji: "Greetings, Peacock Lord and Lord Changkong!!"

The ways they addressed their seniors were different because Feng Luotian was brought here by his father and raised together with Mei Yue'er since he was born. And before his father left the world, he asked Peacock Lord to take care of Feng Luotian.

Since then, Peacock Lord had been protecting and dedicatedly raising Feng Luotian. So, he could very well be considered as a member of the Mei Clan. And also, it was Peacock Lord himself who demanded Feng Luotian to call him "Uncle".

One thing to be mentioned was even though Peacock Lord doted on Feng Luotian like a son, he was requested by God himself that he would not interfere with any fight occurring around Feng Luotian even if he was about to die.

Coupling with his, Feng Luotian's, own principle, he never used Peacock Lord's authority to fight his way out of trouble. He would rather beat the hell out of it with bruises and injuries along with his brothers.

As for Sun Wuji, although he became Feng Luotian and Mei Yue'er's friend since they were young, his status remained as an outsider. That was why Sun Wuji needed to be more respectful toward these seniors.

"Tian'er, what happened?"

Peacock Lord put away the documents in his hands and shifted his focus to the coming youths. As it happened, he had already been roughly notified about what happened, but he wanted to hear it firsthand.

Feng Luotian firmly reported as it was: "One Talon Monster, Wight Wolf, attacked us in the green zone of Warland Thicket."

Peacock Lord and First Elder frowned and looked at each other.

Peacock Lord asked: "Are you sure you all did not venture too deep into Warland Thicket and approach indefinitely close to the yellow zone?"

Feng Luotian confirmed: "Yes, Uncle Mei. We went at most ten some miles into the Thicket."

Warland Thicket was exceedingly vast.

As it stayed right next to Divine Bird City's border, and there were always cultivators from the city who wished to sharpen their skills or hunt for beast cores, for their safety, the city's administrators, Mei Clan, had divided the Warland Thicket into zone depending on its danger.

The deeper into the Thicket, the greater the danger. The area right next to the city wall was the green zone, indicating the minimum level of danger.

Extending far back into the Thicket was respectively called yellow, orange, red, and black zone.

To enter the yellow zone, one had to travel at least a hundred miles before reaching it.

First Elder closed his eyes, deducing the situation for a little before he opened them and gave his opinion: "That is improbable, but not impossible. What makes it possible is not the monster, it should be humans."

Peacock Lord nodded in agreement.

Feng Luotian confirmed: "Yes, First Elder. With the strange behaviors of the beast, that would be the only explanation for this circumstance."

"!?" Although Sun Wuji was quite confused right now, he chose to stay quiet and listened to their conversations.

Peacock Lord asked in a curious manner: "What makes you so sure that it was human's work? What are those strange behaviors you are talking about?"

Feng Luotian started explaining: "As we already know, Wight Wolves have a stealth ability called [Ghost Walk], granting them a boost to their hunting capability. There are two ranges to consider for [Ghost Walk] ability. An activation range at which Wight Wolves can activate [Ghost Walk] to tracelessly hide their aura, this depends on their cultivation times a hundred meters. The stronger their cultivation is, the further the activation range becomes. An effective range at which Wight Wolves would not be noticed by its prey. This range is determined by how stronger the beast is to its prey. The bigger gap in strength, the closer Wight Wolves could approach unnoticed. The effective range could be calculated in the rational function of the activation range correlated to the strength gap plus one in cultivation ranks."

"For example, if a Wight Wolf is stronger than its prey by one rank, then the effective range will be its activation range divided by two. Stronger by two ranks, then divided by three. In this case, the Wight Wolf was a One Talon Monster. It has an activation range of eleven hundred meters. And the strongest among us three, Mei Yue'er, was a Six Fangs Fighter at the time. That was five Ranks of cultivation gap, which leads to a conclusion of an effective range equal to its activation range divided by six which is about 180 meters. That should be the range where the Wight Wolf revealed itself and charged at us with full might. If that was the case, then I'm afraid we would not have survived its hunt, and it would have been a genocide much sooner. Strangely enough, it revealed itself at about 350 meters away and used the suppressive force to scare us instead. Excluding the monsters above the Wing Realm who have developed intelligence, a Talon Monster is normally mindless and only thinks of how to hunt its prey with minimal efforts. That's why I said it had strange behaviors."

When Feng Luotian finished his explanation, silence filled the entire hall.

2