CH 20 : COLLECTING SOULS
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Luotian: "I already said that a single lie will cost you your life, didn't I? And why should I spare someone who will potentially hurt others again in the future? If that's really the case, the one who hurts them will be me. You want me to hurt the innocents? Hmph!!" Following that, he spread his palm on Ge Xiong's chest to collect his soul.

As the owner of [Scarlet Demon God Phoenix bloodline], he had to collect souls after activating [Last Dance Curse], otherwise, his cultivation would drop by several levels. It had already become Feng Luotian's habit after killing the enemies even since his past life when he was at war. Although he was gentle towards his friends and family, he was always merciless towards his enemies.

====================

Soul collected.

Energy: +3% at Four Fangs

Level: Four Fangs (16%)

Benefit: Increase your hearing by 2%

====================

"!!? Well, this is a surprise!! I know that collecting souls could provide energy to the collector, but there's no record about getting a hidden benefit like monster cores. Maybe the effects they provide are so minuscule that one can't notice. You wouldn't be able to tell if your hearing is to improve by 2%, right? Or maybe because of Kronos? Never mind. If there's a hidden benefit, why not enjoy it? But, 2% hearing is not going to give me that much benefit. I really look forward to collecting some souls from an apex enemy."

An evil smile appeared on his face when he thought about it. Right now, he looked like a psychopath more than a savior. Feng Luotian retrieved Ge Xiong's body into the spatial ring, then proceeded to collect souls from two other corpses.

====================

Soul collected.

Energy: +1% at Four Fangs

Level: Four Fangs (17%)

Benefit: Increase your hearing by 1%

====================

Soul collected.

Energy: +1% at Four Fangs

Level: Four Fangs (18%)

Benefit: Increase your hearing by 1%

====================

"The energy required for each level is insane!!"

Killing a cultivator at the same level was hard enough for an average cultivator. At the Fang Realm, collecting souls from 4-5 cultivators at the same level would normally give energy high enough to prepare one for breaking through a level. Now, Feng Luotian had to collect 6-7 times more souls. Wouldn't that mean he had to kill more than 30 people to achieve a level?

But even if collecting souls was the fastest way to increase energy, Feng Luotian did not want to cultivate with this method anyway. If there was no bad guy in the world, he would not go killing others for the sake of cultivation, instead, he would feel delighted and relaxed. The fewer enemies in the world, the more peaceful it would be, and the happier he would feel. However, that was just wishful thinking as no world was without bad men. There would always be someone to provide souls for him to collect.

After finishing the soul collection, Feng Luotian put their bodies inside the ring then left the city, heading straight into the Warland Thicket in the area where the monsters were most populated.

Warland Thicket was incredibly vast. It spanned for billions of acres. Apart from Divine Bird City, it also neighbored Silver Fox City, Vermillion Kingdom, and other small cities.

Warland Thicket was abundant in herbs and monsters. The deeper one ventured into Warland Thicket, the more one could find rarer herbs and stronger monsters, like the phrase 'no venture, no gain' and true to its sense.

The thicket was divided into green, yellow, orange, red, and black zones according to its danger level.

There were only Fang Realm monsters within the green zone.

Talon Realm monsters ruled the yellow zone as Wing Realm monsters did the orange zone.

As for the red and black zone, not even Peacock Lord dared to enter. There were rumors about the monsters above the Wing Realm that could transform into humans pretending to help those who accidentally ventured into the zone and killing them without mercy.

Of course, Feng Luotian would not be able to survive in the zone deeper than the yellow even with all those cheating features of his new bloodline's ability. He only arrived at the middle part of the green zone where only Four Fangs to Seven Fangs monsters lived there.

Nevertheless, there were much more monsters here than in the area where he trained with Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji yesterday. Luckily, with Kronos's hiding his cultivation, monsters would only think of him as someone without cultivation.

Monsters would only hunt a commoner when they were desperate for food.

Normally, they hunted other monsters or cultivators in similar levels, because once they ate them, they would grow stronger. That was how monsters cultivated their strength. Thus, eating a commoner would only satisfy their hunger and nothing else. That would be a waste of their time.

As for the monsters at an early-stage Fang Realm that normally hunted commoners? How could they be fast enough to chase him down?

Feng Luotian ran through the forest without a hitch, then he stopped by a river.

Ignoring all the danger that might occur at any moment, the scene was quite beautiful here.

A field of Phoenix Horsetails dyed the hill into a flame color with dozens of One Horn Emerald Squirrels sneaking and playing with each other in the field.

What seemed to be huge boulders amongst the Horsetails were actually White Spike Rock Rhinos sleeping after their meals. Even when lying down, their body was taller than an average oak tree.

The river beside the hill was dark blue and glittering like liquid sapphire. Hundreds of pure white dots on the river were painted by Moon Lotuses drifting around back and forth, making the river look like a vast starry sky in the night.

From time to time, there would be an explosion causing a fountain to shot out from the river as monsters were fighting underwater, creating a magnificent rainbow afterward.

Feng Luotian: "Mhm, here is good." He started setting up his camp. After he finished his work, he stretched his arm and back as he said: "Let's find someone to train with."

Feng Luotian jumped up and traveled deeper into the thicket on top of high branches. Sensing something Feng Luotian stopped on one of the thickest branches. He touched his ring and one corpse appeared. It was one of the three thieves who tried to rob him earlier. He dropped the body to the ground, then sat and waited up high.

While he was waiting for something, Feng Luotian took out all the monster cores he got from the gem shop and placed them down in front of him. He wanted to refine these monster cores as he waited. Right when he was about to pick Tri-dots Lightning Cobra Core, the Nine Fangs monster core, Kronos was acting up again.

====================

57 monster cores detected.

Energy: +48% at Four Fangs

Benefit:

Lightning skill proficiency +45

Speed skill proficiency +92

Attack +18%

Speed +35%

Vision range +20 meters

Fire resistance +8%

Lightning resistance +13%

All durations +2 minutes

Would you like to refine these monster cores? [Yes] or [No]

====================

3