Realm of Nothingness
17 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Realm of nothingness?"

Qin Yang found the name unfamiliar. For some reason, he instantly thought about that empty book.

The old man did not speak and stood up. He stepped once but he immediately arrived in front of Qin Yang. Such ability greatly shocked the latter.

"It seems you are not aware of the Realm of Nothingness. That is fine, it is within my expectation. Ever since that war, the Bridge to the Realm of Gods has been broken after all."

The old man said in a matter-of-fact:

"Here I thought this supreme treasure would stay dormant or sealed by some powerful entities to take too long for a successor to come. But it seems I'm mistaken."

"What is your cultivation, young man? To transform into your human form, you are probably once a million genius in the Dragon Race for it to accept you as its successor."

Qin Yang did not know what nonsense the old man was saying but he obediently answered his question:

"2-star Senses Enhancement. I broke through five days ago."

The old man nodded but then immediately yelled:

"Holy shit...Why are you so weak?"

"I-How would I know?"

Qin Yang did not know whether to cry or laugh. Being called as 'weakling' struck him sour.

The old man glanced at Qin Yang. His expression was eyeing him as if he wanted to penetrate his gaze. He then asked:

"I don't believe a weakling like you to be its successor. Show me your dragon form. "

"What dragon form?"

Qin Yang replied with bewilderment. How would he know about the 'dragon form' if he did not know how he appeared here in the first place. Don't tell me this old man thought I'm a dragon? But dragons are myths.

"..."

The old man opened his mouth but no words came out. He was speechless. How did this brat even become a successor? Did this kid step into dogshit luck?

"You stupid dragon! Show me your form. Wait—"

The old man leaned closer and sniffed. His expression changed and pointed his hands to Qin Yang:

"You bastard, you are an insignificant human! Why did it choose you as its successor? A human...It chooses a human successor! Kid, you trick it didn't you?"

"..."

Qin Yang was speechless. He watched the old man ranting out nearby and he did not know what to say.

"Senior, can you please get me out of here. Perhaps you have been mistaken, I am not a successor. And secondly, I never met someone; I was sleeping and I dreamt of something, then came here suddenly."

"Fuck, I knew it! There's no way a bumpkin like you can be its successor."

The old man calmed down and nodded. Suddenly, he saw a flash of light on Qin Yang's forehead.

"Kid, do you have fun fooling me? If you're not its successor then why do you have that mark on your forehead."

Mark?

Qin Yang touched his forehead and found it cold. He could not see what was place there but he clearly felt something had fused on his forehead.
The old man walked around in a circle while biting his lips. Occasionally, he would groan and mumble to himself. He would stare at Qin Yang as if wanting to eat him up. It frightened Qin Yang.
"This is odd. Why did it choose a human instead of a dragon as its successor? Kid, did you steal the Dragon's Eternal Book in its treasury?"

Hearing the old man, Qin Yang shook his head and replied:

"Senior, this is a misunderstanding. I lived in the Purple Cuspate Kingdom and have not ventured the Land of Immortals. Dragons are myths in the place I live, how could I steal this book in the so-called Dragon Treasury?"

"Your word makes sense."

The old man nodded and continued:

"Go on. Tell me, how did you find the book."

"I found it inside a black chest sealed with black tapes. Seeing that it's a remnant from the ancient era, I was interested in it so I brought it with me."

Qin Yang said in frustration. If he knew that book would bring him trouble, he would not bring it with him.

"Sealed in a black chest."

The old man lifted his brows:

"I heard you said remnant of the ancient era. That means I have been sealed for who knows how long."

"That...Senior, the ancient era I spoke of is around ten thousand years ago. Does this help you somehow?"

"Ten thousand years...So that means I have been slumbering for ten thousand years. A god could live for five thousand years....10,000 years, one close of my eyes and many years have passed."

The old man shook his head and sighed:

"If ten thousand years have passed, then that means the Dragon Race have gone extinct."

Qin Yang did not speak and clasped his hand.

"Senior, I never intended to barge in this place. Can you please send me out?"

The old man looked at Qin Yang and said in a serious tone. "Are you sure? You can only enter here once. If you left now, you have to reach the Body Augmentation realm to enter the Realm of Nothingness. As its successor, you would regret missing the opportunity here."

"But you clearly against me being its successor."

Qin Yang could not help but mutter in resentment.
The old man coughed and said righteously. "I am simply an artificial spirit! What its will is what I obey. It chooses you as its successor, this old man is not that too bold to against it. Now pick one of the cards."

"Cards?"

Qin Yang lifted his head to eyed the floating cards above his head. Numerous floating cards varied in shape and size.

"These cards consist of cultivation manuals, divine constitution, mystical power, and gate of comprehension. Each time you enter this space, you can choose one of the cards up there. Remember, it depends on your luck. Whether you get something good or bad, you can keep it."

"You mean the cards can help me in my martial way?"

Qin Yang asked cautiously. He did not fully trust the old man's words. After all, he appeared here out of nowhere.

"You human brat! If I bore ill intent, I would have killed you a long time ago. If not, possess your body. You are so weak and you are inside my domain, do you think I can't easily stomp you?"

"..."

Qin Yang was rendered speechless. But with further consideration, the old man was without a reason. That means to say he had appeared here luckily and chanced upon an opportunity.

With that thought, Qin Yang stared at the floating cards. Then with a slight hesitation, he picked up a card.

Swoosh!

The floating card flew out in front of him. He took it and read what it said. "Martial flow?"

"What did it say?"

The old man asked with curiosity.

"It said Martial Flow. Senior, what does it mean?"

The old man stood up and stared at Qin Yang.

"You human brat is sure lucky. This Martial Flow is one of the 'Gate of Comprehension'. Martial Flow is a great help to a Senses Enhancement cultivator."

"This can help me?"

Qin Yang was confused.

"Stop being a bumpkin and quickly fused the card in your forehead."

The old man scoffed:

"That's why I hate humans. Such stupid creatures."

"..."

Qin Yang's face twitched but he followed the old man's words. He held the card and gently connected it with his forehead. Suddenly, a massive influx of information gushed into his mind.

Martial Flow; a state where one's senses have transcended to the gates of gods. When one is in Martial Flow, one would be extremely concentrated. When one fused the five senses into one, one had reached the Large Success of Martial Flow and senses would enhance by 200%.

"Is that even possible?"

Qin Yang did not believe such nonsense. He looked at the old man and felt that this old man was a con artist.

The old man sneered and said:

"You human brat don't believe it, do you? Fine, I'll demonstrate it to you. Watch carefully."

The old man removed his upper clothes, revealing his refined chest, and breathed. Then suddenly, his eyes glowed, his nose leaked air, his ears grew, his mouth dripped saliva, and his feet cracked the ground. Five symbols lit up in his mouth, ears, eyes, abdomen, and nose.

The symbol in the mouth indicates one stepped in the Taste Enhancement. The symbol on the ears, eyes, abdomen, and nose symbolized the sense of hearing, sight, touch, and smell respectively.

Then surprisingly, these symbols moved and went in one place—the center of the chest. When all senses fused one, the old man's whole body was shrouded with crimson aura.

Qin Yang stared in amazement.

"Human brat, this is Martial Flow. In this state, your senses would be enhanced to extremity. Each of your senses would enhance to 200% and your movement would increase into inhumane action."

"Now don't tell me you still can't believe it?"

"..."

Qin Yang was silent. To be honest, his heart was already thumping rapidly. His hands trembling. What he witnessed is exactly the information that entered his mind.

The sequence of activating the martial flow...He inherited them all when he fused the card. The demonstration just now had completely captured his heart.

This is real! What he witnessed is real. He did not expect such a reversal. A while ago he resented bringing the book because it brought him bad luck, but now he did not think so.

The book had broadened his martial way. He had learned the Martial Flow and how to cultivate it. Perhaps if he fused more cards, he would become an expert instantly.

"Senior, thank you for the generous gift. I wonder if his junior can still enter this realm even without my cultivation reaching Body Augmentation."

Qin Yang did not want to let this opportunity slip from his grasp. It has to be known that he simply picked one card out of thousands floating in the air, yet he has already gotten an expensive treasure at his disposal.
What's more, if he could fuse every card floating the void, would he not become invincible?

"I knew it. You humans are greedy. Specially brats like you."

"..."

The old man sneered and continued:

"Technically, you can enter the Realm of Nothingness any time. I was tricking you to fuse with the card so you know the value of being its successor. You will not blame this old one, no?"

"How could I blame, Senior? I know my personality best. If I don't witness it personally, I would never believe nonsense."

Qin Yang replied. He did not blame the old man. If the old man has not done that, who knows if he would enter this void ever again?

"It seems you have some brain. Then, I'll enlighten a human brat like you then."

The old man was in a good mood.

"You see those gates?"

Qin Yang stared at the gigantic doors that looked like a dungeon and nodded.

"Those are dungeons. Once you completed the dungeon, you would be given another chance to pick a floating card."

The old man said:

"But don't expect too much. You can't clear a dungeon with your meager strength. The tests inside are not something a weakling can handle."

"..."

Qin Yang's mouth twitched as he heard that.

"Then what realm do I need to achieve to start clearing the dungeons?"

"You have to at least have the defensive body that could defend against normal weapons."

Hearing the old man, Qin Yang nodded. However, he felt frustrated at the same time.

Having the defensive body immune to normal weapons means he had to cultivate to False Stage Body Augmentation. That realm is still far within his grasp.

If he cultivated normally, he would enter that realm in seven years; if he cultivated every single day. That means there was no hope for Qin Yang to fused another floating card for the next seven years.

"If I just have the talent like Yi Shan."

Qin Yang sighed.

Nex to him, the old man waved his hand impatiently.

"Go now, you human brat. Stop wasting my time, here. Shoo!"

"..."

Qin Yang's face twitched seeing that the old man was treating him like a dog. However, he did not react and closed his eyes.

When he opened them, he now returns to his bedroom.

1