The Village of Kotali
133 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A realm of pure white. At first, I thought I'll go somewhere like plains or a village nearby. But it was all white and I don't even know if I'm still stepping in something.

"Well well. Here is our new friend."

"The hell? Look at him, he's already closer in being a Deity. This is ridiculous."

"My my. Just let the boy be, Kalais. Nevertheless, what you said is true."

Three people gave their own impression as they gaze on me. Its quite embarrassing so please stop that.

"Everyone, this is Lars Natoria, our new friend. Come, Lars, introduce yourself."

Ehhh? At this situation I became more embarrassed.

"My name is Lars Natoria, pl-pleased to meet you..."

They all smiled together. Beckoning me to sit in a chair that appeared in the middle of nowhere, I sat as I was told.

"My name is Illarun, I represent Nature and Purity. I would love to talk with you but time is upon us, child, do you already know what your purpose is?"

The elegant lady said so in a serious voice. I nodded in return.

"Aight. The name's Ragul, the War and Strength. Do as what you told while we'll keep the demons and devils at bay. But don't expect us to hold in 5 years. The more you guide, the better our force is."

A fiery man with folded arms nodded heavily. Wow, look at his bulging muscles, it looks so solid.

"I am Balnur, Magic and Wisdom. I would like it if you could guide more people to the path of magic. They could be our important arsenal in the future. Now, make haste, time is nigh."

In a hurry, a middle-aged cool man pushed me in a newly appeared portal.

"Hold up!"

The elegant lady stopped us with a strong voice.

"How can you send him in those clothes? It would make no sense if he made contact to the people with that clothing, is it not?"

Yes. She does have a point. A T-shirt with a no-wifi-no-life imprint, a jeans, rubber shoes and a titanium rimmed glasses. No matter where you look at it, I clearly look like a modern man.

"Come, take off that un-stylich glasses. Take this monocle. This could hide the tinge of your iris. A leather pants, wool shirt, cloak and boots."

With this, I look like a normal Pristian. But I wonder where this clothes came from. They just appeared out of nowhere.

"I'm sure you can make a good background of you, no? Better not mess that up or it'll be trouble. Your destination, Klimont Kingdom. The smallest kingdom of Hilraon continent and is in the middle of the powerhouse countries."

"And here, this is my final gift to you. I made this staff just for you alone. It'll assist you in your journey."

A old-looking staff was given to me by Faidal as he smiles.

"Alright, time for the job. Wish me luck."

I turned back and entered the portal.

 

 

As soon as my first step, I fell. Like literally. I held myself to avoid panicking and immidiately flapped my wings.

"Woah there! Would you look at this..."

A vast forest as far as my eyes can see. I calmed myself down from the beautiful scenery and slowly flapped my wings to descend.

Finally, on land, I retracted my wings by imagining them to vanish. I walked towards my north as I saw a village there earlier. But as I was walking, a child-like ugly being blocked my way.

Based on his ugly looks and green skin, it must be a goblin.

"GRUB! GOBU!"

I don't know what it says but I need to take actions. Its voice is quite shrill and it might attracted another creatures or its kins. I must finish this ugly thing right away.

Considering my appearance and my staff, magic it is.

From what the given knowledge says, I must first imagine what spell I would like to use, then supplement it with mana and release it with intentions.

As this place is a forest, Fire is not needed. A forest fire is definitely the last thing you need in a forest. Earth is a no-no too. The land might deform as this is my first try in magic. Wind and Water is compatible with each other and doesn't harm the place so...

If you combine Wind and Water, it'll be Cold. Wind is to sonic, vacuum and such while Water can be liquid, ice and others.

Let's try the Water first.

Imagining a spear made of water, condensing the volume, let it spin... and launch!

With a zwuoom, the spear launched and pierced the goblin's chest. The goblin loses its balance and fell. Twitching and later, it became a corpse.

Strange. It looks like an ugly child but I didn't feel some guilty conscience. Is it because I became an Arch Angel?

Without looking back, I left. But it looks like my luck today is bad. A pig faced full of fat humanoid appeared like a certain famous monster catching game. Clearly, its an Orc.

"BUHIII!"

Wow. Look at how it squeal. It kinda looks ugly and bad. Let's kill it. I don't want to see its face anymore.

A thin sonic wave with compressed air was released as I pointed my staff at the Orc.

SWIP!

With a thud, the Orc became two as it was cleaved without resistance. By the way, the sonic wave pushed through and sliced a few trees cleanly.

"Wow. It slashed like a hot knife through tofu. This is quite dangerous on its own."

I can already imagine the various horrors in using various magics.

No use in thinking this. The blood of the killed monsters might lure others so I need to move now.

I continue my way through the north.

On my way, I spotted a little girl. Picking up herbs diligently. I called out to her.

"Hello there, little miss. Can you show me to the nearest town or village?"

She was surprised as she jumped and shrieked a little. Maybe she was so focused that she didn't noticed me coming.

"E-Eh? Is big brother a guest?"

She tilted her head shyly. What a cute child. She was raised properly.

"Nope. I'm a bit lost on my way to the city. So, can you help big brother in this?"

I smiled kindly at the child.

"Yes!"

She cheerfully nods. Seeing her, I couldn't help to pat her head.

"Ehehehe!"

Yes. Children must smile at all times. They need to be proactive in order for them to grow healthily in mind and body.

We walked towards the direction of the village. I carried her basket full of herbs as she lead the way.

"Hey, big brother. What is your name?"

"Its Lars. How about you?"

"I'm Deana! From the village of Kotali!"

Deana is a shy but cheerful child who always smiles. Children as proactive as her means her community is peaceful without problems. Children are always sharp. They can feel the anxiousness of the adults around them which can affect their emotional health.

We talked about alot of things. Like how the housewives are talkative while they're doing laundry beside the well or like how a huntsman brought back a wild game back to the village.

Later on, we reached the village. The village is sorrounded by some wooden fence. The houses are made of wood and stones.

"Deana!"

A woman with a huntsman outfit ran towards us. Her angry face is a sight to behold.

"Eeeek!"

Deana hurriedly gripped to my robe like a koala. Probably afraid because of the dashing woman with a menacing look that is rushing towards her.

"Little Deana, come on. Apologize to her."

"But-but I just want to help."

Whimpering, she replied to me.

"Do you know how worried the folks are because of you?! How many times do I have to tell you to not enter the forest alone!"

Said angrily by the hunts-woman.

The two of them must've known each other well.

"Uuuuuu!"

Seems like I need to calm her down.

"Don't cry now, little Deana. They are just worried about you. So you must understand how worried they are, alright?"

"Yes..."

She said weakly. Seemingly reflecting.

"Now go, apologize to her now."

"I'm sorry, sister Lionne."

"Sheesh! Mum and Pops is worried sick about you so go home now."

The woman sighed. Before she heads home, she waved at me and smiled a little.

"It seems you're quite close to my sister eh? Thanks for the trouble my sister caused."

She bowed stiffly at me.

"Nah, she's a good company and we talked many things. Ah, my name is Lars. A scholar."

"The name's Lionne. The huntsman in this village. So, what is a scholar doing here in these isolated woods?"

Now's the time. I've already made my false background before I came here.

"I got lost in the woods you see. I didn't expect the forest to be this wide. I just got lucky to see your sister. Also, here. This is her harvest. I don't know for what reason did she harvest this but it seems to be important as she was so focused that she didn't noticed me."

I shyly explained while laughing awkwardly. I also gave her the basket that Deana filled earlier.

"You don't have any place to stay right? Might as well sleep in ours. If you're okay with that? Y'know, as thanks for escorting my sister."

She said coolly but with interest hinting in her voice.

"Is it really alright?"

"No problem. We have an extra room anyways."

"Then, I'll partake on your offer. Thank you in advance."

"Haha. No need to be humble Lars. Just call me Lio. I don't quite like the Lionne thing. Also, welcome to the frontier village, Kotali."

This is the first time I met my very first hero candidate.

 

I am really sorry 'bout this. Problems kept appearing out of nowhere and now one of my relative rested in peace. But don't worry, I'll continue this. I'm just really sorry for the long silence.

3