Awkward Hunting
169 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night has come on the Kotali Village.

Every houses are made of woods and some with the mix of stones. Deana and Lionne's mother, Rhea, tended the hearth. Unfortunately, the father, Tyrone got injured a year ago so he's only in his room. Deana, Lionne and I sat at the table and talked with various things.

"You know big brother Lars, sister Lionne is amazing, you know? She can hit every animals and monsters with ease with pteou! And like whoosh! The arrow hits even though they already ran away! Isn't that amazing, big brother Lars?"

"Oh shut it. Anyways, everyone in this village expects me to come back with a game. I have no choice to live up in their expectations y'know?"

It is quite clear that being praised by her little sister embarrased her a bit. Though Lionne's eyes shone with pride but little Deana didn't noticed it.

"Still, if little Deana says that, it must be true. I would love to see your mettle if it is but sadly, I might not stay here any more longer than 3 days."

Shocked, Deana shows disappointment.

"Aww. But I wanna hear your stories more."

She said sadly. Like what she said, I blurted some stories from my world. As I have read quite a lot of books, I have various stories that is crammed inside my memories.

"So, Lars. As a scholar, you must've learned some useful magic, right? Can you help me patrol around the village for a bit? The monsters these days come out frequently and its getting more dangerous."

"Speaking of which, before I found Deana, I encountered a goblin and some orc. If what you said is true, my power could be of some use."

I nodded but the little Deana said something dangerous.

"Eh?! Can I come too?"

"You little runt! Did you hear what Lars said earlier?! It would've been dangerous if those monsters caught you! Stay here and be obedient!"

"Eeek!"

Again, like a certain animal, little Deana clings to me.

"Now now, calm down. If you get mad more often, you'll get more older faster. Come, let us eat."

Rhea came up and put down the wooden platters while calming Lionne.

We ate up the dinner peacefully. While Deana and Lionne are bantering up quite messily, Rhea and I just sat there and watched. This scene makes me envious a little. I couldn't remember how many years has it been since I ate with my family together.

"Tommorow, we'll hunt some game while exterminating some monsters. I hope nothing goes wrong."

"Please, don't say it like that. Jinxing yourself is bad for the expecting families you'll return home to."

"Ah, yeah. Sorry about that. I just couldn't help myself. Just, in the recent days, more and more monsters were sighted."

"For a strong willed hunts-woman, mulling over these things will only make you feel insecure. In the first place, stressing yourself out is bad for your health and of course, your beauty itself."

I said while walking towards my designated room as I waved at her.

As I closed the door and locked it, I sighed. Never in my life have I said those words in any of the girls I have known. I didn't see her face but I only heard a gasp. Is she taking my words as a joke? Or is it something else? Anyways, I need to sleep now.

Going to the roughly made bed with some straws, I tucked myself in some cloth and slept.

 

 

The next day, I woke up with a sweet, hot sigh from nobody but Lionne herself. When she realized that I woke up, she immediately jumped out of the bed and turned her back to me.

"I-Its time to wa-wake-up! We need t-to get early fo-for the hunt!"

She said so after dashing out of my room like the wind.

I was still in a daze when she left but I recovered in a few moments. Nevermind her blushing cheeks. Even her ears too have become beet red. It was a sight to behold for me so its quite regretting for it to end so quickly.

I got up and arranged myself, after, I left the room and gone off to the dining room.

There, Rhea, smiles knowingly at me as she gestures me towards the table. Deana who unknowingly smiles at me and Lionne, who, for some reason didn't raised her head up. Though her reddened ears are still visible to me. Rhea spoke to me teasingly.

"How's the morning, Lars?"

"Sweeter than the morning dew, gentler than the whisper of Illarun's nature."

I said with a coying smile. I meant it as a joke but Rhea's face says otherwise. She was shocked but happily nods. She might be the culprit for what Lionne did earlier. While Lionne, the sheer embarrasment made her even redder.

"Big brother Lars, what's happening to sister Lionne? Is she sick?"

Worried, Deana scurries off to her sister.

"Come now, let us eat. The two of them will go early for the hunt. Deana, help me with the chores later, okay?"

"Ye~es!"

We ate peacefully but with Lionne's state, she couldn't look at me even in the face. I guess I embarrased her too much.

My clothes are alright, and my trustworthy staff. Lionne with her leather armor and trousers made from thick leather. Also, her slightly bigger bow and a quiver that is full of arrows.

"Don't do anything 'dangerous' alright?"

Rhea winked at me as she bid us out. Again, Lionne's cheeks got a tinge of red. Seriously. Its like Rhea's merchandising her own daughter.

We both nodded as we set out to the forest.

 

 

A few hours later, we caught many games. I suggested to Leonne that I could carry them but she only said...

"Yeah."

I've brought so many topics but she only says 'Yeah' 'Right' 'That so' and such. She can't even look at me.

"Now this is a problem."

I muttered into myself.

I must fix this awkward situation but how?

Hello there. Have a fun reading. I'm in for any comments and corrections.

3