A day of a space pirate 3.
662 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eight hours later in the assembly room of the spaceship. There was the galactic map space travel calculator computer at the center of the place, still connected to the hologram emitter as usual. This was the safest location on the heavily modified transporter ship, namely TSC-216. The code meaning was straightforward, "TS" was a simple reference for "transporter ship" and the "C "was a code for "civilian". Which meant it was created with civilian standards in mind. And lastly, the number, which was a construction serial number. This was the two-hundred sixteenth ship of this exact type created by the dominion. However, it is highly possible that the actual designer of the ship would have a hard time recognizing it. There were many new additions and upgrades, if you will, visible from far away, upgrades that would not really pass the civilian standard. For example, there was the stationary stealth generator and outer hull dual laser beam cannons.

As per dominion law, the use of any kind of stealth generator is allowed only by the military. Your average civilian would not care for this law, since there is no way they could afford a stealth generator anyway. But for the more adventurous type, it could be the cause of many unnecessary headaches. Such a person was Stan, the current captain of this ship. He could not count the numbers of how many times he wished that this law would simply cease to exist. It would solve so many of his repetitive and boring tasks, such as refilling the food and fuel storage. Luckily, the pirate clan they joined in made the refilling of some consumables much easier, such as buying ammunition and providing a place to repair possible damage or malfunctions. Yet now, as a man with a new perspective, he was actually wishing that this grueling task would be his biggest problem to solve. 

From the perspective of Stan.

After I watched the videoclip shown by the holoprojector for the tenth time, I noticed that a few drops of sweat began to form on my forehead. Yes, this videoclip was the one that the camera recorded from the captured zerg's holding room. It was a fascinating experience to see a creature so similar to humans, at least in looks, do something completely unthinkable to us. In this case, that something was growing back two entirely missing limbs in a few seconds. To be honest, something like this was not only impossible for humans. But for all of the creatures recorded in this galaxy, except maybe one race, and a specific one of that, namely a zerg hive queen.

So, that left one question in the air, is that thing a zerg hive queen on his ship, or not? Sadly, the recording did not contain any sounds. Since they did not have a regular room for the purpose of containing prisoners. In rare situations when they actually needed one, they emptied a random room that was usually used for cargo transportation. The cheap cameras equipped in the corridors and cargo rooms were only there to help defend the ship in case of infiltration. You don't grow old in this line of work without a good measure of paranoia after all, and I am determined to do just that. Well, it doesn't really matter if that thing is a queen or not, since the slave collar is already placed on it, and the only real weapon it has is basically rendered useless. Checking the cameras one more time to see if anyone was awake, since there was no movement, I stood up from the table. It is time to say hi personally, I guess.

Walking out of the room, through the corridor, I soon reached my goal. After opening the door with my access key, I walked in uncaringly. The girl that was sleeping jolted from the loud noise of the automatic door and looked up at me reflexively with her dazed eyes. There was a few seconds of uncertain silence, then I started to speak. 

Stan: - You are aboard the spacecraft called TSC-216, which is under my control. Your status is a prisoner that you already understand, at least partially. What I want you to understand is the function of the collar around your neck. 

As I was talking the girl's eyes continuously started to clear and focus more and more on what I was telling her. When I mentioned the collar, she reflexively touched her neck area, immediately finding the metal construction around it. Then her eyes became rounded as she realized her hands were not bound anymore. Neither were her legs. She looked up at me with uncertain hope in her eyes. 

Zerg girl: - Am I free to move again? Why?

Stan: - You may not realize it yet, but the collar around your neck is an even better prison than that measly table you were tied to. The moment you think of attacking any member of my crew, you will get an electric jolt into your body, and that will continue until your intent dissipates. You should know that in case if you would escape somehow there is a tracker device built into the collar, and a small bomb with a remote control function, which is powerful enough to blow off your head in a single swoop, I can kill you from afar just as effectively as from here. 

The girl seemed to be confused by some of the words I used, but the last part thankfully did have its effect on her. There was obvious disappointment in her eyes, and fear too, good, now I should show the carrot as well.

Stan: - Still, to show you that I am not an unreasonable man, I will give you a chance to prove your worth. 

Hearing that, her eyes glued to me again, with reignited hope and curiosity? 

Stan: - I heard that you have a good head on your shoulders,  if you are willing to cooperate with our research and any other stuff that comes around I may decide to think about you as a guest. Which will result in better living conditions and some measure of freedom and trust between us. What do you say? 

Zerg girl: - Will you, take off my collar in that case- zzz zZz ZZZ (suddenly a surprised scream broke out of the girl's throat)!

Stan: - Look, it's nothing personal, but your kind is not something I can trust easily, nor am I willing to. You shouldn't run ahead of yourself that much. You have no power on this ship, and you are considered as my property, since you have a slave collar around your neck. Nobody would help or pity you around here, and outside of this ship, you would be highly likely to be killed immediately. I am not sure if you realize, but your kind is particularly hated by anything or anyone that isn't a zerg as well. So, be a good girl and answer my questions.

I only gave her a few small jolts of electricity, which means she has no pain tolerance against it, which is good to know. Anyways, the message was sent and she seems to finally realize the weight of my words.

Zerg girl: - I will cooperate, but I said it already to one of the others. 

Stan: - Yes, but you see, I am the boss here, so your life depends on me mostly. To make that clear, I felt the need to revisit this topic. Now that we have come to an agreement, I will have a few questions for you. 

Stan: - What kind of zerg are you?

Zerg girl: - I was told that I am a queen. 

Just as I thought, that was the transfusion ability, until now I only saw it in captured videos from the battlefield. I will never forget that one when a half-dead ultralisk suddenly got up and killed a whole platoon of marines and destroyed two tanks before it was put down for good. Only because a queen got too close to it and used that psionic ability.

Stan: - You are not allowed to use any of your psionic abilities without the consent of someone from the crew. You are not allowed to try and free your wings from the binds we placed them into, only if I personally allow it. 

I saw that she was not happy with this at all, hah! Tough luck. 

Zerg girl: - I understand... 

Is she really biting her lower lips while fiddling with her toes? She reminds me of that Welles girl, the old fucker had this cute child that always wanted "just one more cookie" giving tantrums and sad faces exactly like that, if she was refused. I shook my head and took in the whole picture of the girl before me. Then my eyes started to tick. 

Stan: - And for the love of god, wear some clothes, at least while you are on my ship!

She tilted her head, confused by my sudden request.

Zerg girl: - Clothes?

Stan: - No, you don't! 

Zerg girl: - But?

Stan: - Just stand up and follow me, ahh shit shit shit... this is why I became a pirate instead of creating a damnable family. I had no time nor nerves for stupid questions. Why should I suffer for someone else's kid... 

I looked back and down at the girl who was following me like a pup focusing on my mumblings with genuine interest. At least she can follow simple instructions, that is something I guess. After a few turns, we reached my personal room, and after I used my electronic key we marched in. 

Stan: - You wait here until I tell you otherwise I will find something for you to wear and don't touch anything.

But of course, that was easier said than done. The girl was practically skin and bone, or at least looked like a malnourished child. But the full-body scans clearly showed that she had at least two times more condensed muscles than average humans. Her body simply doesn't seem to store fat the way we do, or if she is really three days old, maybe she just missed the chance to gain fat mass. Luckily, the blood test doesn't show any strange bacteria or infections either. Well, it doesn't matter now, for the upper body. She could use anything that I will not miss. She could wear bigger fabric, but that is not the case for the lower part. ~After a few minutes of searching.~ Olala, I know that I still have this somewhere. When that pink-haired bitch cheated on me with the captain of those Blackhole Fuckers, I was inclined to simply burn all the stuff she left behind. Now I was actually happy that I left some for the purpose of giving it back to her in front of her new man. I pulled out a pair of highly elastic female underwear from the container I was searching through.

Stan: - Oh, I didn't remember that it was black, well, who cares?

Anyway, what kind of idiot gives a name like Blackhole Fuckers to his pirate clan, are they five years old or what? Poor bastards. Ah, what about the pants? Well, these sweatpants should be good enough, it is somewhat elastic and not too big to be distracting when moving around. I put it down on the nearby stool, with the chosen underwear. Now for the shirt? This simple black one with a medivac on it, as the design should suffice.  Then we are good to go.

Stan: - Now get dressed up in those things and we can continue with our conversation. 

The girl looked at the small pile of clothes, then back at me with uncertainty in her eyes... Wait, are you kidding me? 

Stan: - Sighs, ok, this part goes first, take this and place your legs into that two-hole, no each into a different one, good now pull it up to your waist. Ok take the bra and wow... I forgot about the other appendages, a sports bra won't work. Well, just leave it for now... wear the pants the same way I showed you. No, turn it around, now you go. DAMN! Can't you hide those batwing arms somehow?

She looked at me with a sudden flare of irritation, while she gave a few futile tugs to the tied-up appendages.

Stan: - Oh, I see. But if they were actually free, could you pull them back inside your body? 

She gave me a complicated face, one that soon turned into curiosity.

Zerg girl: - Can you do that? 

Stan: - No? Neither can I grow back my limbs in a few seconds, so forgive my curiosity and answer me. 

She looked disappointed after hearing that.  

Zerg girl: - I don't think that I can, but I never tried to do that.

Stan: - Figures.. what should I do? There is no way in hell that after all of this trouble I will simply go and ask for help... I should probably cut open the back part of a shirt and be done with it. Yeah, that will do. Now pull this over your head. I will help you so don't move that much around. DON'T WIGGLE AROUND!

After more than half-hour of continuous struggle, cursing, and a few torn apart shirts later. They had finally figured out the easiest way to wear a normal sweater with six limbs. In the end, the problem was solved by cutting the backside of the sweater from the bottom halfway upwards in a straight line. This way she could pull her head and arms through the designated opening while the blades on her wings didn't shred the whole thing.

Stan: - Haha, I should have become a designer! I will tie together the cut part, with a simple knot, and that's it. Now, what were we talking about? 

There was a loud rumbling sound suddenly that made my line of thought stop.

Stan: - I guess you are hungry? No surprise there, you didn't eat anything since we brought you up to the ship. Well, follow me then, I will find something for you. By the way, what do you eat usually? 

Zerg girl: - Creep! 

Stan: - ...

Note to self, don't ask unnecessary questions... 

 

 

40