The observations of a Shadow Guard 3.
524 6 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors note:

I have successfully rechecked all of the chapters in the story. Correcting hundreds of sentences to make more sense and be more fluid. I even completely rewritten some of them, but I didn't change any major events in the process. Only the wording. I added a few more descriptions too. With the intention to make some awkward situations more clear and understandable.

This took up quite some time, but I am more comfortable with it now. Since my English skills have grown much from the time I started writing this. First, I was quite frustrated to see my older chapters, and the errors I made in them. Yet, I have to say it was also an educational experience. I was able to see, how much I have learned since I started writing these chapters. I am really happy with the progress I have made!

It is also an extra joy for me that some people, complete strangers from my perspective, decided to tag along with me on this road. The fact, that you even enjoyed it is a bonus quality to my life, that many times managed to bring a random smile to my face in my daily life. 

With best regards, 

Yokem

After thought: Enjoy the extra-long new chapter. 


 

From the perspective of Lily.

I was very happy, that one of the protoss who placed me on this planet came to visit me. I was somewhat surprised why she didn't want me to see her at first, but after a few seconds of silent focusing, I was able to see her. Or maybe she decided to show herself to me, that must be the case. Was she that shy? Hmmm, anyway, her name was Eandollath, but she wanted me to call her Ean. 

Lily: -Ean! 

Eandollath: -What? 

Lily: - Come with me. I want to show you around my home. 

Eandollath: -Really? That would be nice, but is this really fine for me? 

Lily: -Why wouldn't it be fine? It's my home, after all. ~I smiled at her reassuringly, then grabbed her right hand and pulled her with me towards the closest opening that fulfilled the function of a door.

After the initial hesitation, Ean finally decided to let me pull her with me.

Lily: -I think you will be interested in this! I used to spend a lot of time there. 

Eandollath: -Where are you taking me?

She still seemed to be somewhat tense. I looked at her strangely. She is bigger than me, and stronger. There is no reason to be so hesitant.

Lily: - We are going underground, some of my favorite spots are there. It is a huge tunnel system, and the safest place in the whole nest. 

Eandollath: -Oh, un-underground? We can stay up here for now, if that is not a problem?

She said, and she stopped suddenly... We only took a few steps towards the entrance. We are still on the platform... I was a bit surprised by her sudden change of mind, but I nodded in the end. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. 

Lily: -It's okay! You must be really shy. I can show you around in the upper levels. If you want?

Eandollath: -That's okay. I think. Can I ask you a question? 

Lily: -Sure! ~I said with a smile. 

Eandollath: -How are you able to see me? 

Lily: -Eh? I thought that you showed yourself to me on purpose... Is that not the case? 

Eandollath: -No. I should be invisible to most. 

Lily: -Ehh? That's strange, I can see you easily now. 

Eandollath: -Is that so? Maybe... Because your third eye? 

Lily: -Third eye? Where?  ~ I looked around, confused by what she was talking about. 

Eandollath: -In the middle of your forehead. 

Lily: -EEEEHHH?!


From the perspective of Eandollath.

I watched as the girl's eyes, and I mean all three of them, widened from genuine surprise. She immediately reached towards her forehead where her bigger eye was located, and she accidentally poked it with her fingers. 

Lily: -Ouch?! I... I just poked my eye? It hurts... Why is there an eye on my forehead? 

She seemed really surprised by this outcome, and she even looked scared. Her third eye was crying from the poke at the moment, and blinking continuously. She was about to reach towards her forehead again, momentarily forgetting that she had another eye. I stepped forward and grabbed her arms.

Eandollath: -Don't touch it again. It will only make it worse. 

Lily: -Ah, you-you are right, thanks, I guess. ~She looked to the side, embarrassed. 

I withdrew my hands as the creepy larvae began to move under my gloves, making me feel an instinctive urge to get away from them as fast as possible.

Eandollath: -Can you close your third eye? 

Lily: -I am not sure... It is strange... It moves on its own... I can't even control where I am looking with it... It is forcefully stuck to you... But when it blinks, it seems that you disappear for a second. I think it is indeed the reason why I can see you... But it still hurts... 

Eandollath: -Foolish child, if you poke your own eyes, it will obviously hurt. Sit down and wait until your eye stops hurting. 

I realized a bit late, that I just called her foolish out of habit... I used to teach protoss younglings until I got into the ranks of the Shadow Guards...

Lily: -Okay... 

The girl sat down on the creep and hugged her own legs with her arms. I stood next to her while looking at the pouting kid. She didn't really care that I called her stupid, or was she pouting because of that? 

Eandollath: -What is with all those larvae attached to your skin? Is that supposed to be your armor? 

I asked a question that I already knew the answer to, but she will hopefully cheer up, from explaining it to me...

The kid looked up, still subconsciously blinking with her third eye.

Lily: -It is for defense purposes. But it wasn't enough. If the First Queen wouldn't hold back for my sake, I would be in big trouble... I should tell the larvae to go and eat a bit... 

I watched with fascination as the larvae army around her body suddenly parted and marched towards four different directions. The girl raised up her arms and opened her legs wide, completely flashing me with every detail of her body as the larvae crawled into, four different openings. Two were under her armpits, and two on the inside of her thighs. After all of the larvae had vanished inside her, she dropped down her arms and shivered a bit. Then she began to scratch her body in random places. She has literally no sense of shame.

Clearly she was not used to this. Not yet at least. I thought about what it could feel like when hundreds of bugs are marching around your body constantly, and I also shivered, even from the thought. 

Eandollath: -Your name was Lily, right? 

Lily: -Yes!

Ean: -It seems that your third eye is fine now. 

There were only a few times it blinked now, it was not that red anymore. 

Lily: -Oh, you are right, it doesn't hurt anymore. Not much at least. 

Ean: -If I am right, you didn't know that this third eye existed until now? Is that true? 

Lily: -Uhm.. Yes, if I knew about it, I would have used it already, and wouldn't have poked it that hard by accident...

Ean: -Thats right. I think we can go and check out the other levels. This is pretty empty. 

Lily: - Yeah, I know. That is why they wanted to duel with me here. This is the highest platform, and therefore it is the newest. we didn't add anything to it, since it still grows. Are you sure that you don't want to see the tunnels? 

Ean: -Yes. ~The girl seemed quite dejected hearing that, so I added hastily. ~ Maybe another time. 

That made her smile a bit. 

Lily: -I will show you around up here, then. But you will have to show me some of your places too! Otherwise it won't be fair. 

I thought about that, what would the others think if I brought back the hybrid to the ship to show it around. Tassadar would be happy for sure, but the others, I am not exactly sure about their reaction. Maybe I will bring a smaller ship, with me and show her that. It should be enough for now.

Ean: -That's okay. 

Lily: -Cool! I will tell the others immediately! 

What an innocent child... Wait.. What? 

Ean: - What did you just say? 

Lily was currently waving towards one of the queens who was still here. The other two left in the meantime. 


From the perspective of the Second Queen. 

I was watching our esteemed Overmind, as she was, for a while, acting very weirdly. Even for her usual demeanor. I asked the hatcheries if she was talking to them, as the Hive Queen thought. But the answer was even more confusing. They said, that the Overmind is not speaking with them. But they could clearly sense an active psionic communication channel, that was leading just next to her current position. 

Was there someone with the Overmind right now, she couldn't really sense anything next to her, and this even more confused her...

That was the moment when the Overmind began to wave towards me suddenly, and she forcefully opened a communication channel with me. That was how she always did it. With her powers she could easily force her presence into any ongoing psionic communication, and nobody could oppose her. They didn't really have anything to hide from her, but for some reason this rude behavior annoyed every one of the queens. Why couldn't she wait until they answered her on their own. 

Second Queen: -How may I be of service Overmind.

Lily: ~Pouts. - I told you to call me Lily... Not Hive Queen or Queen... Now you decided to call me Overmind out of the blue. How do you even know that I am an Overmind? I only realized it now... 

What... the? She didn't even know her position? How is that even possible? You should know your purpose instinctively from the very moment you hatch from the egg. This is getting ever more ridiculous. 

Lily: - Anyway, look here. I just made a new friend. I will share my visual information with you! 

What? Another of her antics, I guess. She used to randomly share her vision with us... Not even caring that we may be doing something important at the moment, and losing our vision for a second could seriously throw us off. I will have to instruct the Third Queen to teach her basic manners... This can't go on forever...

Suddenly my vision changed, and I saw an armored female protoss with full battle gear standing next to the Overmind. My eyes widened as I froze from the shock and instinctive fear for the safety of our Overmind. The protoss could kill her at any possible moment! How could this happen, a hostile race wandered into the hearth of our nest endangering our originator. This, this is outrageous and unheard of! I have to destroy it! Even if I die in the process!

I immediately attacked hoping for a successful preemptive strike, as I shot two bone blades towards the intruder. Both of them hit the target, but they bounced off because of the invisible shield surrounding it. One of my bone-blades was redirected towards the floor, hitting the creep harmlessly. While the other one was a more direct hit. Causing it to blow up from the impact with the opposing force of that shield, the bone fragments flew off back towards my direction, but they were too far from me to do any damage. I was ready to pounce, but a high-pitched scream and wave of spiking pain froze me to my place. 

How?! I was clearly out of its impact zone! How could I have been injured?! I looked up, which was hard because of the unbelievable pain... I never felt a pain like this before... Even when I lost one of my thicker appendages in a duel with my sisters. It was just a dull throb, yet now it felt as if I was about to melt from the inside. 

When I managed to look up, finally, a cold dread filled up my entire being... No, it can't be! Because of me! The Overmind was hit with the fragments of my bone blade! Even worse... The Protoss was still next to her, without a single injury... And I couldn't move! I wanted to heal her with my transfusion, but this pain... my body didn't listen to me... Even raising my head felt like an almost impossible effort... I... I have endangered the whole colony, because I acted too rush... Forgive me. Overmind! I thought while the pain grew stronger until the moment I completely blacked out...


From the perspective of Eandollath.

When the little girl waved towards the queen, everything turned in an unexpected direction. I failed to react in time and realize the possible outcomes my presence here could lead to. The next thing I knew, I was in front of an angry and hissing queen, who immediately launched an attack at me. I was so shocked by the complete change in atmosphere, that I didn't even manage to react at all. Luckily, my psionic shield managed to block both of the projectiles. My activating shield and the sound of high velocity projectiles hitting against it broke me out of my stupor. 

I took up my battle stance, instinctively ready for a dodge, but there was no other projectile coming towards me. What I heard was a high pitched scream from a terran girl, obviously in great pain. That surprised me a bit. How could there be a terran female here? As the battle focus enchantments turned down a notch inside my battle suit, I finally realized something. The queen that attacked me, was currently lying on its side, as if its strings had been cut.

I decided to turn off battle mode entirely. The hormone injectors and psionic enchanters turned off one by one, as my mind began to clear, my tunnel vision, that was only focusing on the enemy, and the greatest threat of that slowly widened to a normal one. 

That was when I heard, a pitiful whimper close to me. I looked down to the ground and I froze...

Ean: -Oh NO! 

The Overmind was hit by the fractured bone pieces. And she had no armor on herself this time... I saw that she was bleeding from its stomach heavily, and also from many other various injuries caused by the shrapnel... This is not good... At this rate she will die! I looked at the other queen... it was completely blacked out... 

Ean: -I have to do something... but how could I save her? 

I heard another painful whimper from the girl... she was curled into a small ball on the ground, desperately trying to focus on her own injury... Could she heal herself, perhaps? 

She was blocking the bleeding with her hands as much as she could... Her hands suddenly stiffened... Her eyes rolled back... She lost consciousness... damn it!

Wait? Her third eye wasn't closed... It was still open! It again turned towards me... What the? 

Suddenly I felt an incredible psionic pressure fall on my mind. It was about the break, my mental shields... I couldn't understand what had just happened... I instinctively stepped away from the girl. Which proved to be a good decision... Was that thought my own, or was I forced to back away by the powerful presence... I didn't know for sure... 

The next thing I saw, was a suddenly condensed, pulsing red psionic presence visible by the bare eye materialising around the girl's body. It was a psionic presence that I had never ever felt before. It began to suck the life out of every living being around it in a small circle. Everything close to it in a two meter radius died. Which was the creep and part of the living floor that was our footing at the moment.

Then, just as suddenly as it appeared, the powerful presence began to extend outwards. It grew and grew... It grew over the size of this whole planet, and it continued to do so for even after that... Until I could not sense it anymore... It diluted itself so much that I was unable to feel it without the khala... 

I walked closer to the girl, to check on her... The worst of the injury on her stomach was healed! Yet the other, also severe injuries around her body were still there and they were bleeding just like before... 

At that moment I decided what my next step would be. I picked up the hybrid carefully, and ran towards the hidden teleporting gate as fast as I dared to not worsen her injuries... While I exited the zerg colony. I saw that every one of the zergs was unconscious, lying around the forest in random places...

This, I will have to report to the council! But first of all, she needs to be healed! 

 

30