Chapter 5: The Starts of Civilizations
787 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its been 10 years since we all came into existence. Some how we all knew about this world despite never existing in it before. The children born do not have this ability that we have, the so called first generation. It wasn't just the original ten that I found myself with in the beginning. There were more of us each slightly different. Whether it be face structure or body, hair color or even are skills. I have met those who can control the plants and those who can create fire from nothing. 

Over the years we find more people like us, humans and we come together formed tribes. We grow in power by day but we are not the only ones growing. The beasts of the land get stronger with us, I wonder if there will ever be peace in this world. Each day we fight to survive, protect the weak, but most of the time they don't make it far. It's a cruel world that I have found myself in.

I am the leader of our current tribe, our numbers grow to near 600 strong. I am the strongest of our tribe, that is why I have been granted my position. I have always found myself stronger than others, fighting these beast comes naturally to me, my first action in this world was fighting it's in my nature. I have not just been stronger than them but gotten stronger than them at a faster rate.

Realistically it would take five of our tribes best mean to take me down

Our tribe is always moving, It's never safe to stay in the same place for long, thee beast congregate so we have to keep on moving. Food also runs out after a while and hunting these best for food is never a good option. The druids of the tribes have been coming up with theories that if we can grow food we can stay in one location. If food becomes plentiful then will always be able to keep are warriors strong, those without food are unable to fight.

I wonder often if it's the right choice to find a location to stay and settle down. More recently people have been finding new [Class], these crafters and builders. They create strong weapons and more durable cloths. The builders are able to create permanent shelter unlike the tents that we are staying in now. They can survive harsh weather and attacks from beats.

Are we being pushed towards settling down by some mysterious entity. I think a lot about what happened on that first day. What saved me from death, I was sure that it was the end but I'm still alive to this day. Maybe it was one of the great beasts that  breath fire and fly across the sky creating grand shadows under them like there clouds. 

Their have been rumors spreading recently about humans with about beautiful humans with long ears that wield magic so expertly that it's like breathing. Maybe one of these saved me if there even real.

The woman I love Leah has become pregnant. Having a child is difficult, their weak and fragile, need protection constantly and take a lengthy time to grow. The ones born in the first year are still long and many years off adulthood. Maybe I need to start talking to the druids about growing food, so we can have a safe environment for children to grow up in.


It has been many moths since the druid have started their research on growing plants, what they discovered a revolutionary [Class], a farmer. One who grows food not with magic but with the natural rules of the world. We have few druids; druids need a great affinity with magic and nature so they are hard to obtain, but anyone can become a farmer. 

We have started to look for a place to settle down. The druids have informed me that if enough of our tribesmen become farmers we will be able to sustain ourselves without the need to constantly forage and hunt. The weakest warriors and magicians will become farmers and we will have the builders work on create shelter for us that will last. 

My lovers pregnancy is nearing its end. She will give birth to a child soon. One who hopefully grows strong and healthy. The builders have informed me that they have found a suitable location to build, a home for us. A place where we can rest and live peacefully. A land free of constant death and hunger.


I now have a daughter, she is six months old now. I care for her like nothing else in the world. I would sacrifice my soul to the grandest beast of the lands if it meant that she could be forever safe. Her name is Anna and she has dark blue eyes that shine like the night sky and pure blonde hair like her mother Leah.

The builders have been working on setting up shelter, they build out of mud and wood, when all the houses are finished they are planning on setting up walls to keep the beast out. One of the builders [Class] has advanced to something called an engineer. They are able to plan out how structures will be built without many mistakes, while sacrificing a lot of there technical skills. The quality of the houses has improved because of this

A farmer reached level 5 and gained a skill called botanical encyclopedia. This skill allowed them to identify plants that could be easily be farmed which lead to a increase in speed and quantity of crops. We are nearing our first harvest, the crops will last us for months and no one will have an empty stomach. 

The village has gained a warm air to it, each house having a sense of comfort and protection. We no longer have to do nothing but fight to survive.

Major Achievement: Kingship

Description: Become the first king, lead your people to greatness.

Gained: Blessing of Cassius

Class Advanced: King

Hope you liked the chapter from a different characters perspective. Next chapter will focus on Tempros.

17