Chapter 6: Catching up
764 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The humans are developing nicely, well at least logistically. They are the first ones to start the creation of a city. Farming is mans greatest invention, without it they would be just as primitive as the beasts that hunt them. Their king is a man of great power compared to the rest of his race. I wonder how powerful he would have been if he was born a warrior race like the Titians. 

The humans may be one of the weakest races, hence why they banded together so fast. The elves of the same continent prefer to stay in smaller groups than band together. It may take some tragedy to bring them together. Though there strength has increased substantially with them learning the laws of magic. Maybe if Emre finds one he likes he'll give them his blessing.

The angels on the other hand, are far to strong too need to rely on farming, for now at least. They are living semi peacefully, and have become strangely fascinated by crafting. They have become intertwined in it because of the need for warm clothes in the tundra. In learning there love of crafting through cloths they have moved on to other objects like weapons. As for the dragons and spirits; the dragons will probably never develop a society. If they do, it purpose will be to increase their population.

Spirits on the other hand don't need food to survive and can hide from any beast that could be a threat to them. They are childlike in  nature, only the strongest ones will will have what is considered an adult maturity.

On the western continent Westend, the mortals are developing nicely. The Titians are developing medium sized tribes. A true warrior society, only the strong survive. They wield giant mace like weapons made from fallen trees. A harsh life of constant fighting in already not so ideal conditions. They are similar to the Neanderthals of earth. A strong bipedal pack based race that live in snowy boreal forests. In such harsh conditions they could become wise warriors born from constant battles like their god Kenghis.

Perhaps they are living in the harshest area out of all the races, maybe the demons are close but volcanic regions have there advantages. Areas with high volcanic activity also have some of the world's most fertile farmlands due to release of plant nutrients such as potassium and phosphorus. If they start farming in these lands they would have time for things besides just trying to survive. Now they are strong like the angels, that may not always be true.

Finally the Beastmen, in my eyes they are the most likely to develop a society like the humans. While having probably the highest potential for fighting because of their natural instincts. They lack strength now. They have already started forming large tribes and in 10 to 20 years they may learn the necessity of farming. If they find themselves with a strong leader like the humans that could be decreased to 5 years.

To speed up the creation of civilizations I might send the races a gift. One thing that the humans attribute to the spread of farming.  thing that all intelligent races crave, Alcohol. Some humans of earth have theorized that the reason farming spread was because alcohol could be produced. Made from a mixture of various berry's, grapes, rice, honey and various other things depending on the area. I bet even the Titians would start farming after they've had a taste.

I wonder if I am affected by it, maybe if I create a mortal body for myself I can experiences this thing mortals so crave. That will have to wait for another time there are much more important things to do.

Like creating the realm for souls to rest and be reborn. Currently all souls in the world sit at the location at which they have died. This could lead to adverse effects on the world. What if one of these souls could mutate and gain the ability to exert influence of the physical realm. An undying being that has the power to attack anything without consequences. 

So just like when I created heaven I will create hell, well not hell in the sense of a place of punishment. More like the afterlife or a limbo. 

There is no point in judging people for their sins. Mortals do not exist in black and white, good and evil. They are all gray, or at least most of them.  A famous example is would you steal bread to feed a starving child. Now stealing is a sin is it justified by feeding a child. How would a god judge this act, if this was the only event in there who life would they go to heaven or hell. I will never find an answer for this question, a judgment of souls is deemed impossible. Even the grandest of villain's have their reasons.

Or maybe there are those who are pure black at heart, the serial killers of earth who bathe in brutality for their own pleasure. Do these men who have the blackest of souls have a reason besides their own enjoyment. 

But this realm needs and overseer. Someone who makes sure nothing goes wrong and to strike 0ut the blackest of souls from reincarnation. Maybe we can reward those whos souls are pure white. This would semi solve my dilemma.  Now stealing bread for the starving is gray, would helping the less fortunate without a reason besides your own morals be white. 

Those like that need to be rewarded. They could be rewarded with special skills, classes or higher stats in their next life. A reward to living a life of peace. 

13