Chapter 7: Abyss and the River of Life.
741 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abyss, the name I decided for the afterlife, a land not to be desired but one not to be hated. A vast land filled with nothing but the souls who wander it except a grand river that splits it down the middle, and the purple miasmic fog that encompasses everything. On one side of the river will rest the souls of man, and animals. On the other will rest the souls of all the monsters that have been slain.

The ground is made up of a bluish dirt and gravel compound. A land devoid of anything their wouldn't be much point in staying. How do you leave the Abyss. You leap into the river splitting the land down the middle. Like the River of Styx from Greek mythology. I find it quite suiting that to be reborn a literal leap of faith is needed.

Will those that enter be able to enter the river? Would living in this void of a world be worth it to maintain you're since of self. Those who enter the river are most likely to be born as a similar race as they were previously, but will people enter despite knowing this.

How much value are your memories worth, are you defined by experiences or are we born with an innate nature. Maybe it's a mix of both. We all have things that shape us but we have this in us innately too. Mothers after giving birth develop a guardian like instinct for their children. It's something that they all have innately in them, something not defined by experiences but basic instincts. 

Creation, one of the only things that I can say I enjoy, Why is that? Is it because I have spent my whole life devoid of anything that my only way of moving on is by creating. Or is it because I am a being made for creation, it is my innate purpose, the reason I exist. Would I be happy creating without these memories.


A ruler of the Abyss is needed. One who can make decisions a in this place that are needed. What would happen if a child who hasn't even developed a sense of object permeance ends up here. Would the be stranded in this realm for eternity. This isn't the only scenario were a leader is needed, their are too many to list. 

Someone rational but not void of emotions. I have realized that empathy is needed. Without empathy there is only cruelty in the world. But too much empathy can lead to an even worse fate than one void of it. One who understands the weak, just as much as they do the strong. 

Aeron, a skeletal being tall in stature around seven feet tall. Green flames resting in the center of the empty holes where the eyes would usually rest. A grand tattered robe covering the whole body with cloth made of a mist that one could get lost in. Rings covering all 10 fingers each uniquely made covered in various gemstones. The personality of a wise king, a man who knows the importance of words, every sentence thought out in detail. 

A grand pagoda resting on a bridge connecting the two sides of the river will be his palace. The only structure in this realm and also the only thing bringing the two sides of the river together. It's made of a dark black wood and purple roofing tiles. The rivers rushing below at an incomprehensible pace with a slight blue glow. A true tragedy could occur if one of the souls in this land could cross onto the other side. But no one would dare while Aeron exists.

Create: New Being
Achievement: Semi-mortal

Description: A paradoxical being, the birth of a demi-god. How will they be effected by the was of the word. This is up to you to figure out.

Reward: 5 GP

Status:

Name: Aeron    Race: Demi-god    Job: Eternal Judge  Title: Departure

Skills: Judgment LV M, Banishment LV M, Soul Gazing Eyes LV M, Annihilation LV M

Stats: Error

"Hello my King" Aeron says in a course voice while at the same time his mouth not moving at all. He kneels on the floor  head down as a show of respect. Unlike the other gods he is not a god himself but something below them. 

"Rise, it will get busy here soon get ready to work." I am preparing to open up this realm in a couple minutes. It may get crowded in here. Monsters and mortals have been dying on earth for 11 years. Their souls are starting to add up in the mortal realm.

"Yes my King"

A being affected by the system while also not. I theorize the reason his stats show as error is because he is stronger than S+ rank which is currently the highest obtainable in the current system. The reason I am able to create freely in this realm is because their are no mortals so the laws of casualty don't apply.

Opening up Abyss to the to the souls of the mortal realm would lead to an influx of souls. The realm would be in pure chaos. One GP may need to be used to prevent this from happening. Whatever these points are they would the Abyss opening successfully. 

Major Achievement: The End

Description: Each person has control of their own life, but you have control of what happens after. You have created a places for souls to be reborn.

Rewards: 10 GP

Skill Gained: Designation 

17