Chapter 8: The Elves Magic
708 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic. In stories from earth it comes in countless forms. Word based, Runic based, Imagine based and various others. There are too forms of magic in the current system, skill based and domain based. Skill based magic is activated by a skill, hence the name, it is a set way of using magic with very little customization. The most you can do is change the power by inputting more or less mana or aim it at a target.

Domain based magic on the other hand is completely customizable. Each person has a domain. A aura around each person that's size varies based on level. A level one person would have a domain that is a few millimeters extended of their body while levels like 100 would be around the size of a two story house. 

A domain is a space fully under the control of it's user. As long as they know how to use magic in this area they can do anything they want. A high level fire mage would be able to encompass their whole domain in fire as long as they have the mana. Using magic in a domain is a lot more complicated than using a skill, you have to move the mana and form it into whatever magic you use, but as a result it will be substantially  more powerful than the same spell activated by a skill at a fraction of the cost. 

Everything in the universe is under my domain. It's because a domain is an expansion of you, literally. Extending the mana inside your body externally. This isn't the same as casting spells. When spells are cast the mana is burned in you body and creates a reaction which results in a spell. In a sense your domain is a part of your body.

But what happens when two domains come in contact with each other. They both are able to do anything they usually can. But the other person can affect the other persons spells. It's a battle of control when you share a domain, whoever has more control wins. Except control can only get you so far, when faced with overwhelming power, aka mana, theirs not much that you can do.


Those closest to being able to utilize their domains are the elves, while every race can use skill based magic their are only a handful of people who can use their domain. They study the ways spells activate with skills and try to replicate them with their domains. But they have a major flaw, they lack mana. Any spells they are able to use are extremely close range because of their small mana pools and can only be used for a few minutes.

To circumvent this, instead of copying already existing skill they are trying to invent new ones. One of the interesting ones they have discovered is called mana armor. By wrapping their body's in different elements they have created a new spell that can be used at their limited range effectively. It also has versatile use, wrap yourself in water armor against fire and rock against air.


I may need to Increase the rate at which I perceive time. Not much is going on between all the races besides the humans, the elf's will most likely stay secluded for the next couple hundred years while they begin magical research. The rest of the races will start forming civilizations or keep living how they currently are. Though their is one mortal I need to look into.

A dragon which has a different personality from the rest. Instead of being the timid social recluses that dragons usually are, she is chaotic and arrogant. After first being born instead of finding a mountain or volcano to rest in like the rest of her species she went on the hunt. In the first hour she killed all living beings in a 2 mile radius. Recently she started taming the beasts creating an army of grandiose size. 

She has gained a unique class, Overlord. One who rules above all with an iron fist. I may need to intervene before she figures out that there are other intelligent races, and proclaims herself as the ruler of all mortals.

Dragons are androgynously beings that can change gender at will but strangely she always stays in a female bipedal form that dragons have. 

I could get Aithune to intervene and put a muzzle on the wild dog but I feel that I could learn something from this. What happens when she realizes she's not on top.

Will her morals be crushed, become a hermit like the rest of the dragons. Will she seek more power, a way to usurp the powerful.

I suppose it depends on who it is. A monster of similar power would probably only delay her but, if I was in front of her she may never fight again.

But what about a being strong but still attainable, how will such a rash and chaotic person react. Testing will be needed to figure this out.

14