Chapter 9: A Genius Idea?
688 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heaven, it's always beautiful here, nonmatter how many times I see it. The lush golden fields filled with barley, stretching into the orange sky. A view of the falling sun crossing below the horizon. As the sun slowly disappears, millions of stars each varying in shape and color start to become visible in the obsidian black stratosphere. A sight so captivating that you can't help but get lost in it. 

I enter the grand palace that I call home. This building is the only thing in this whole world that produces light during the night. It glows, a cyan beacon of light pulling me inwards as it welcomes me home. Is this the satisfaction of a home, a lone star in the night sky. A place where you can escape the darkness of the outside world. 

The entrance of the house is a is a simple living room. Theirs a large brown leather couch pushed against the wall with a TV on the other side the room. Kenghis is sleeping on the couch snoring loudly while an action film is playing on the tv. It seems that the other gods have figured out how to customize the interior. They have even been able to create movies from my memories of earth. These never much interested me they all are the same thing.

The ground is a nice rich hardwood floor. In front of the couch is a large shag carpet. Two branching hallways lead off into the various personal rooms. I need to head to Aithune room to discuss are little dragon problem. I start to walk down the leftmost hallway getting right in front of Aithune room.

But before I can enter her room door slams open and a particular green skin girl jumps out.

"Tempros!" The goddess of spirits screams excitedly.

Taking in a large breath "IM BORED!" 

I see, the spirits are low maintenance creatures, they have no physical and can hide from almost every being in the mortal realm. The chance of them going extinct is practically zero. Katrina has practically nothing to do. She could converse with the other gods but the other gods are not what you would call social. The only other two are Lily and Kenghis. Kenghis is currently "occupied" and you can only talk to the same person for so long. 

"I'm sorry Katrina but I am currently busy with important matters" I say calmly while looking at the smallest god. Her face slowly shifts from a smile to a large frown, hanging her head down.

She pauses for a second than her head shoots back up in excitement. "I can help!"

I see why she recoded so quickly, so I slowly explain to her the situation. After I'm done explaining she stands there, her hand resting on her chin thinking. 

She replies with "Why don't you turn her into a slime"

"What..." 

I can't help but being speechless. Such a strange and absurd idea. Wait, this could work. A perfect fate for one who was born strong and abused their power. This dragon has never known what it's like to be weak. Their arrogance has been born of the near unlimited power of the dragons but what would happen to them if they lost that power. 

It's weird to think that such a childish idea would be the perfect answer to such a complex problem. Is this companionship, people that help you gain a new view of things. I can only think in certain ways but that doesn't mean everyone thinks the same as me.

I need to consult Aithune about this but before I can, I look up and there she is. She gives me a nod as if to know the question I am about to ask without me haven even asked. 

"Ok Katrina do you want to go deal with our dragon problem."

"YES!" Katrina screams as if the term dying of boredom was literal and I was the cure.

"Goodbye my lord" Aithune says respectfully while giving a polite bow.


Hovering in the sky invisible to all beings on earth, two gods stand looking over a particular dragon that has been a thorn in their sides. That being me and Katrina. Katrina practically jumping up and down with excitement. It seems that she really was bored.

Below is a female with crimson red hair and two large black horns. She's sitting down using two monsters, one as a chair and one as a footrest for her support. In front of her is a vast army of monsters all bowing down, varying in size from The size of cardboard box to the size of a airplane. 

"I'M THE BEST HAHAHA!" the dragon laughs so loud that it causes the surroundings to shake.

Katrina looks at me with puppy dog eyes and "Tempros can I do it" she asked innocently. 

I suppose she could being the goddess of nature. Altering the race of a living being should be something that she can do as the goddess of nature.

"You may"

"Ok" she says gleefully as if she has alternate plans. Hopefully I don't come to regret this.

The green skinned goddess starts to glow a yellow hue. A flash erupts from her body. Below us the dragon now has disappeared. 

"Where is she?"

"I moved her so these monsters wouldn't attack her" The goddess says giving me a big thumbs up.


Returning to the house we start to walk to our rooms. I suppose I could try sleeping. It's something that the mortals seem to love and Kenghis for that matter. But before I can enter Katrina runs past into room while saying

"I left you a present into room" As she stops speaking the door to her room closes behind me. 

A present. This will be the first one I have ever received. Humans of earth would love presents even if they added nothing to their lives. 'It's the thought that matters' was a common saying. I wonder with the ability to create anything I could so desire what would a present mean.

A I enter the room that thought is quickly cut short. The formerly empty black and white room is now bright pink with the text 'Katrina was here' spray-painted on the wall.

I hear giggling from the room over.

Hope you enjoyed. The next chapter will be from the point of a certain dragon. Just wanted to say that.

14