Chapter 11: Descent
707 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the dragon situation all figured out there is nothing urgent to do. I could fast forward the mortal realm a couple hundred years till when each races is setting up the first kingdoms or add some things to the system that I've thought of, but there is something I would like to experience first. I wish to experience a fight. At my current state I am too powerful to fight anything. 

I have come up with a solution for this, I will create a new body for me and then use my possession skill to take control of it. This body will have no soul so theirs no point to worry about any potential damages. I posses the divine descent skill but that skill sends me to earth as my current self. I need a new body, one at level one for this experiment. 

There is also another thing I want to address. The planet on the mortal realm needs a name. I can't keep referring to it as earth, this gets confusing while conversing with the other gods. Promethion, named after the titian who gave fire to the mortals. In Greek mythology he was the genesis for all technology. Punished by Zeus for his misdeeds by having him nailed to a mountain in the Caucasus and then sent an eagle to eat his immortal liver, which constantly replenished itself. An eternal torture for such a noble act. Now to get back to to the body.

The body will be of the male gender. Gender is not something that I have much concern of; I can change my gender on the fly but males are typically better at close range fighting. Females are able to contend with males in the current system with the use of mana but a level one has very little. It shall be a lion beastman, as they have a high affinity for fist fighting.

The weapon I will be using are iron gauntlets to help support this high affinity. A close and personal fight. It would be unfair to fight against most of these monsters with complex weapons as they lack them themselves. A fair fight is not what I seek but one with my life on the line. But I am not a cruel person, I would rather be at a disadvantage than an advantage.

I shall create my vessel on one of the small islands in-between the two main continents. There are mutiple small uninhabited islands that are scattered around the ocean. They lack size but there are thousands of them all around the world. Some islands stretch for miles with grand mountains and volcanos, while others are only have a few trees only a couple hundred feet in length. These islands can be tropical to tundra's. 

They can contain monster colonies. Monsters vary like animals some are pack based and others prefer to be alone. IN fact monsters are just like most animals except for the fact that they have increased strength. Some of them in fact are herbivores but plants can only support such large bodies for so long. 

The island I have chosen has a pack of wild powries, a goblin like creature from Scottish folklore. It has peach color skin a large pointed nose and 2 bulging eyes. They stand at around 4 feet tall in height, containing a well toned body, not big but not small. The pack is led by a powrie redcap a further evolution of the powries, they are 6 feet in stature and usually have a red cap that sits on the top of their head. 


This new body has long blonde hair with two round ears on the top of my head. I am wearing typical cloths of those seen in the 16th century Europe on Earth. Iron gauntlets rest on both of my hands. The gauntlets that knights used to wear were described as a second layer of skin. They move with just as much consistently as your own skin. 

The body stands at 6 foot 3 in height, a body that has muscles that could only be described as above average, a body made for fighting. Long reach and powerful muscles. 

Status:

Name: Tempros     Race: Beastman (lion)      Job: Monk      Title: None

Skills: Low Level Fist Fighting LV 1, Beast Sense LV 1,

Stats:

STR: F                 DEX: F

MAG: F                INT: F

END: F                SPD: F

DEF: F                MDF: F

 

Beast Sense is an innate skill that all beastmen have, it gives them better sense but makes them more feral. It will help in this fight as long as I don't get lost in my instincts.

'fwooom'

I stick my hand up in the air in the direction that sound just came from, an arrow smashes into the palm of my gauntlet. The arrow appears to be rather low quality most likely the reason it inflicted no damage on my palm.

In the direction that the projectile came from is a group of four powries 40 feet away. The one that appears to have shot the arrow is holding a crude bow made of sticks and some vines. Bows are a relatively easy weapon to make, all you need is a sturdy stick and any type of twine. The quality can vary more than most weapons, a low quality sword will be blunt but it's still made of metal. But a bad bow can not even shoot 10 feet.

The monsters are eying me with looks of hunger. One of them is even drooling. I don't blame these monsters for this. Everything needs to eat and to them I appear as easy prey. The one with the bow nocks another arrow while the two on the side start dashing to my position. One stays behind, he's probably acting as a rear guard for the archer. 

They are wielding clubs made of wood, one has a scar across his face and the other one is missing and eye, ill call them scarface and no eye. Scarface reaches me first, jumps while swinging his club in his right at my face. He's using his momentum from dashing to build up extra force, if it hits it could be fatal. I quickly sidestep, kick his feet forward with a roundhouse kick while he's still in the air. His body quickly starts flipping in the air because of the quick change in momentum. I used my feet as a lever to flip him. It's like I close lined him from the feet while he's in the air.

His face smashes into the sandy ground right as no eye arrives in front of me. He's not stupid enough to repeat his knockout brethren's mistake. He dashes, swinging his club downwards with an overhead swing. Before the club can slam into my shoulder and break it I catch the club in the air. He looks at me bewildered as my fist sinks into his gut. His body tips as he falls onto the ground passed out next to scarface. 

The two in the back dash into the tree line. They are most likely getting backup, either more powries or the redcap. 

Around five minutes later the redcap arrives. He's large a similar physique tom me. He has no weapon, it appears that he is planning to use his fists. It would be unfair to keep using these gauntlets. They disappear from my hands like they never existed. The redcap is now 10 feet away his hands up in an unknown fighting style. 

Suddenly he appears directly in front of me, his hand flying towards my face. I barley lift my arm up enough to block the hit. His calloused knuckles slam into my left forearm. I can feel the bone crack, pain rushes into my body then is just as quickly disappears thanks to adrenaline. 

I underestimated him, he evolved naturally of course he'd have a few tricks up his sleeve. I lift up both of my hands into a defensive fighting style, I could still use my left hand but it would hurt like hell. He clearly beats me in power so I should focus on counters. I would be able to use his power against him.

He comes at me again but this time with quick jabs. He's trying to feel me up, understand how strong I am. That initial punch that he threw at me probably doesn't get blocked often so he has his guard up. I'm able to dodge most of his punches with simple foot and head movements, for the ones that get through I use my arms to block them. 

I just keep on waiting I only have one chance to get a counter. If he realizes what I'm going for he'll stop throwing punches so carelessly. I need to strike when he goes for a real punch instead of a jab, one he put's his whole body into.

So I wait, he just keeps throwing jabs, I can see the annoyance on his face growing. Until finally he slams his foot into the ground, shifts his shoulders and sends a fist flying towards my face like a bullet. It's time, I barley slip my head to the side of his fist, it grazing the side of my head where my ear would be if I was human. I shift my body forward my fist flying right into his chin. 

His body goes limp as he falls on the flow next to his other two comrades. There's no point in killing them. They were only looking for food and I happened to be there.

The fights were quite exhilarating. It is a feeling one could get lost in, but it's important to maintain myself. Be humble against your opponent. Showing off is the fool's idea of glory. 

A sense of tiredness overflows my body. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. They trigger a positive feeling in your body, this mixed with adrenaline is an addictive feeling. But it's a feeling that can only be created with the suffering of others. 

Brining happiness to others is a much more addictive feeling.

14