Chapter 12: Blessings
641 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have sped the Promethion 500 years into the future. All the races have learned the existence of their patron god. The first was the humans, the first king Jacob received the blessing of Cassius and thereafter the humans started worshiping him. Throughout the years he has given them a few pieces of advice to help their growth. The biggest being currency, Cassius being the God of money this fits him quite well. They are made out of wood with unique magic signatures in them so they can't be replicated. They were made by the Banker [Class].

Next was the demons, they discovered the existence of blacksmithing, by observing the interactions of different objects with volcanic magma. Eventually they discovered that they could heat up and reshape metals, very primitively. Lily the Goddess of Demons, was intrigued by their ingenuity and gave the best craftsman a unique blacksmith [Class] and her blessing. The demons over the years have become the leading race in blacksmithing and have started on the path to metallurgy. It probably won't be long until they discover bronze.

The elves started worshiping Emre, the God of Science and Magic, after they discovered alchemy. Alchemy is the prosses of injecting mana into ingredients while brewing concoctions. Basically a magical apothecary. A lot of fine control is needed, it's a profession with an with an infinite skill ceiling. The elves have a weird society. It is made up of hundreds 0f small tribes all unified. They share information, supplies and send support when in need but all live separately. There is no capital or leading tribe just a ton of satellite cities. 

The beastmen is a more simplistic case. They started farming while still hunting. The beastmen have a grand apatite and are very stingy with their food. So they started experimenting with food. Eventual one of these beastmen chef made a dish that Shala the goddess of Beastmen craved. So she gave them a blessing and took the food as compensation. She is the Goddess of Food after all.

The spirits were awarded with blessing for contracting a dragon. The spirits are the only race that know the existence of the others. One spirit found a dragons lair and was feeling particular brave that day. This spirit gained Katrina's blessing. The spirits soon realized the merits of contracting with someone strong. A tradition among spirits has formed, they now test an individual that wants to contract with them. These test can vary from a simple riddle to slaying grand beasts. Some spirits are more mischievous and give out impossible tasks to the potential contractors dismay. 

The first dragon to receive Aithune blessing was the first dragon born naturally. Dragons being a race with a low population, Aithune thought it would be a good idea to give her blessing to the first child to promote dragoons to reproduce. This has somewhat worked with a few dragons being born over the years. Every time a dragon child is born Aithune gives them a piece of advice. Dragons being naturally curious love to hear from the Goddess of Wisdom. 

The Titians received there blessing after unifying under one banner. A Titian who posed great strength went around from tribe to tribe defeating their leader then taking the position for himself. Eventual he had control of all the tribes. Kenghis awarded him with his blessing because of his great show of strength, him being the God of Strength after all.

Finally the Angels. The angels grew in strength quickly. Too quickly, they got overconfident. They decided to attack a swarm of drakes that where set up close to their capital. This proved to be a grave mistake, drakes being the closest living beings to dragons posses great power, they are basically dragons without intelligence. The drakes retaliated by attacking the angels capital city. One lone city guard defended the whole city against the swarm of drakes while everyone evacuated. He had planned on sacrificing his life but before he could Michael the of Justice awarded him with his blessing for his courage. With this new strength the lone guard successfully repealed the drakes.

Every race is progressing nicely. They have all started to set up city's. All of them have developed significantly agriculturally. Farmer is now the most common [Class] in the world. The Titians were the last to start farming, but Kenghis gifted them alcohol and the knowledge to produce it, this got the Titians to start farming almost instantly. 

All the races have started blacksmithing too. It's rough and unrefined but it is developing quickly. Surprisingly the other race to pick up blacksmithing so quickly has been the dragons.

They possess great strength from birth so they don't really chose combat oriented classes. Because they live in mountains they have been able to discover a litany of metals. So the blacksmithing profession, became suited to the dragons.

'my lord I have something to discuss.'

A message from Aeron the demi-god of the Abyss. 

'What Is it?' I ask curiously, Aeron knows I'm busy and he wouldn't disturb me unless It's something important. 

'We have a pure white soul'

A pure white soul, something almost incomprehensible. Each persons soul vary from black to white. 99.9% of souls are grey. A person with a pure white soul has lived a life as the definition of virtues.

Who is this?

14