Chapter 2: The Calm Before the Storm. Pt 1
556 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happiness, a feeling that I've never experienced before. For the first time in my everlasting lifetime I escaped from the miserable reality I found myself in. 

I found joy in creation. The pain from destroying my body was inconsequential compared to the overwhelming elation flooding my body.

It makes me wonder what are the other emotions I have missed out on. All I have known is anguish, while I rested in nothing for many millennia. My mind clouded and corrupted all I could do was rest. 

But I broke through, the pain became too great to handle so great in fact that it allowed me to escape the fog enveloping my head. In that moment I had an epiphany, I will use myself to escape the loneliness. 

I had finally become aware of the grand power resting in my body. It felt like I could do anything with it, so I built with my own body. I used this power to create a reality I would truly enjoy.

Through this I became curious about the wonders of life. These beings just born of my body were experiencing things I hadn't before. I couldn't help but stare at these mortals living their lives in peace. The Paradiso in which I had created. 

Those that I birthed could truly live in peace. They wandered experiencing all the wonders of this tower. They explored and spread out, the 7 main races all started in a similar area but they just kept on walking. Miraculously they never meet each other, they only traveled to the place calling them. 

It was almost as if these mortals knew from birth what their homeland would be. 

Each race is unique and so their homeland is just as unique as them.

The dragons chose to live in the hollow mountains of Dremhelm. These mountains were so tall that they broke through the floors of the tower. While the mountains weren't actual hollow instead, they were filled with complex cave systems climbing upwards to the peak of each mountain. The bottom of Dremhelm being a complex swamp so humid it makes the god's sweat. The greenery of the swamp encroaches up the mountain until it reaches the snow covered peaks.

The dragons that inhabit Dremhelm value privacy over all.

They are scaly creatures that vary in appearance, but they have some common factors, the inheritable scales that cover every inch of their bodies. Each dragon has four legs, a point of pride in the dragon race. They consider those with less legs an inferiors race.

Dragons have the ability to freely transform their being into two variants, their draconic form and their humanoid form. Their draconic form being the previously described, but the biggest difference between this form and the latter is the size. They are humongous in size, the only race similar in size would be the Titians. 

The humanoid form of the dragons is similar to that of the beastman but instead of being mammalian based they are similar to that of a reptile. They have scales covering the weaker parts of their body like the legs neck and arms, sharp claws and two to three horns placed on the top of their head where beastmen ears would be. 

The final attribute that the dragons share is the ambient magic that leaks from their mouths. The power of Breath. Their mouths will forever leak out a destructive force, causing chaos in their immediate surroundings.

Unlike the rest of the races the dragons were made from two organs. To be exact the two lungs in my body. The dragons were given too much power. My decision ended up backfiring and the dragons ended up with more of a curse than a blessing. 

But the dragons where able to overcome this, a dragon is able to communicate with their eyes alone. A simple gaze from a dragon feels like paragraphs of speech from any other race. 

They have become a simple race that prefers isolation because of this.

The Titians chose to live in Freylean an glacial area. A land made entirely from ice. A land of ice so flat you could see others dozens of miles away. Besides it being so flat it's filled with ravines that sink deep below the floor. all the way down to 

The reason these cavasses form is the hot springs formed below the surface. 

The average area is around twenty to a thousand feet wide and there is no limit for their horizontal length. From an area view the area looks like a giant beast has repeatedly slashed its claws into a sheet of ice. 

These areas melt the ice and have lead to an inhabitable area for a manner of species to live. 

The flora of the area is cryonic, the leaves and stem of the plants are light blue, a mix between the colors of snow and ice. The leaves of the local plants are covered in a cracking pattern. Almost like a spider web was laid on top of the plants. Most of the plants are covered in white thorns, that look quite painful to be pricked by. 

The Titians are epithet of grand. Their skin is caramel in color, it would glow in the sun if they hadn't chosen such a tundral landscape. The body's are completely hairless except for the head and face on which they have quite a lot.

The size of the titians is their most defining aspect. As they grow stronger they gain size. They grow from birth until they reach around three meters in height. How tall they get from their depends entirely on how powerful they get.

Breaking three meters is a wall that most titians will try to face. Most will fail but those that do will be the truly strong ones of their race. From that point onwards their growth is unrestricted.

The one that reach the peak of what their race can accomplish will rival dragons in their draconic form.

This is the Titians power of Growth.

Because of this the Titians value strength. Surpassing the three meters point is the goal of all titians and those that have done it are treated like kings. 

Beside these aspects the titians are very similar to the rest of the races. Their bipedal with two legs and arms, a nose mouth two ears and eyes. 

Then there's the Spirits. They inhabited the flower filled plains of Florana. For lack of better words polar opposite environment to that of the titians. Florana is the origin of all plants. Every plant that can be found in the tower can also be found here. 

The land is a maze of colors each plant completely unique. Some flamboyant with sharp edges and bright colors and some are completely dull and simple. But the most defining aspect of the land are the flowers. 

The flowers of Florana are humongous. They soar high in the sky, sunlight leaks through the semi-opaque petals. Each petal is different in color so the lighting under the flowers that cover the sky ends up being completely different from area to area. 

The spirits built their homes inside these flowers, hollowing out the stems. Mutiple spirits end up in each flower as the spirits are charismatic in and love attention from their peers.

The spirits like the dragons can end up looking completely different from each other. Their are the physical embodiment of nature representing the various elements of the world. 

Because of that those that have similar elements looks similar while the opposite is true for those they don't share elements with. Some spirits don't just represent one element too. For example those that represent fire and earth end up being metal or magma spirits. 

Their are too many appearances to describe in detail but two are the water and fire. The fire spirits have orange skin, with sharp facial features, and the water spirits have blue skin and a more round face. 

But the similarity are mostly their size. They are around three to four feet in height. Each spirits has a pair of wings on their back and finally they always have a smile on their faces.

The spirits favorite pastime is messing with each other. They are childlike personality wise so it's never mischievous. But the pranks are never too complex as spirits are not the most intelligent. Most likely the dumbest of all the races. 

The spirits have need for little food so they fill all their time socializing with each other.

The Spirits all share the common power Manifestation were they bring out the full power of their element. Their body's become the vessel for nature converting all their internal energy into the physical manifestation of their element. This is not to be confused with magic. It is much more powerful but most more costly at the same time.

After seeing this in person only a fool would call the spirits weak.

14