Chapter 3: Calm before the storm part 2
564 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Elves chose to live in Manlata, the never ending forest. But this forest isn't like most. Besides its size it has some unique characteristics. The first and most prominent is the colors. Instead of the trees, leaves and grass being green their purple and red. 

The blood trees have pure white bark and red leaves. The reason their called blood tree's is because the sap in the trees is crimson red. When one strikes an axe into them, a viscous sap secretes from the phloem of the tree.

The other more unique tree are the vinewoods. A truly one of a kind plant, a purple black bark that's closer to black than purple. The interesting thing about the tree is the way the tree grows.

It grows more similar to a bush than a tree, but making up for it with its size. Their around the size of an average tree instead of a petite bush. The vinewoods become intertwined at the base of the tree curving in loops into itself or other trees then finally growing upwards, its lilac leaves leaving little space for sunlight to reach the floor of the forest.

When other vinewoods are near each other they get caught in nots being tied together. This leads to large areas of the forest being covered in nests created by these trees. There is little to no space in-between the trees. 

The final thing about these trees is that their dense, it takes a significantly powerful tool or man to fell these trees. 

These trees are the reason its called the never ending forest. Find yourself lost in one of these nest and you might never find your way out.

The elves that inhabit this forest are quite peculiar. Slim and tall, is a perfect way to describe them. The elf's lack greatly in the physical aspect compared to the rest of the mortal races. 

Their skin is pale like the moon, it pure and leaks this ethereal light. Only the lightest glow barley noticeable, when in the dark with and elf it be like their is no glow at all but looking at them leaves an enthralling feeling that the other races don't have.

Their ears are pointed on the top, unlike the titians who have rounded ears. The elves ears aren't particular long just barley longer than the others. 

And lastly the elves greatest ability, Purification, the power granted to the elves. The elves are able to purify all impurities out of their body completely. This naturally ends up giving the elves an increased lifespan, they don't have to worry about thing like disease or aging. They elves also become immune to all but the strongest poisons. 

Processing nutrients becomes easier to the elves. The elves can eat almost anything that contains nutrients, they don't have to worry if it's harmful to their bodies. 

The waste from the purification seeps out the skin, this is the reason the elves glow. The impurities are affected by the magic in the elves bodies and become these glowing particles. 

They are able to channel magic through their bodies more easily. Theirs nothing in their body to stop the flow of magic so it swims through them as a fish would through a clear river. Elves are the perfect vessel for the practice of magic. 

Because of how hard the forest is to traverse it has lead to the elves becoming hermits. They keep their groups small because it would be too hard to support large groups without being separated. With nothing to do in this maze like forest the elves have taken up the habit of studying magic. They were the first to discover magic partially because of how easy it is for them to use it. They find joy in the creation of new spells.

The angels chose to take shelter in the floating islands of Undland. Four main islands make up the area. Each island floating in the sky separated from each other by a few hundred feet. Each island is a twenty to fifty miles in diameter. None of the islands are perfect circles in shape but they are more round than square. The islands are almost cone like in shape, the bottom halves pointing out until they reach the bottom. 

They look like mountains turned upside down with a variety of landscapes on the plateaued bottom.

Beneath the islands situate chunks of empty land where the islands used to rest. Ginormous quarry like holes. It would be almost impossible for someone to create this by hand. 

One is a bountiful plain, it's filled with plenty of food and livestock. A place that would make perfect for a stronghold. Relaxing is particularly easy on this island. The grass is silk like almost as if it was designed for sleeping in. Because the islands altitude it's always windy, on a cloudy day you could lay down, cooled by the breeze, and enjoy a nice nap. Trees lay every couple hundred feet away from each other, scarce far and few between.

The second and the island highest in the sky is a frozen wasteland, because of its height it has become frigid, an inhabitable area for the angels. You can tell by the completely solid frozen trees and grass that this was a rapid transformation. This island would be very similar to the first island if it didn't rest so high. The view from the top of this apocalyptical land is polarizing. The duality of a uninhabitable ugly and barren land to the view, you rest above the clouds, the pink and orange hazy sunset reflects off the land below, everything below is so far away but feels so close. It's almost as if you could pick up the trees and mountains.

The third island is the closest to the surface. The island is just one grand lake. It has land around the edges of the island as, the island looking like the top of a glass cup. The lake is clear as glass, you can see all the fish swimming below the surface. The aquatic flora is a rainbow of colors. Flowers bloom on the lake bottom, looking unworldly, as if they shouldn't be their. 

The final island is diamond in shape. A mountain resting on top of a floating island. The island being made of 3 parts. The edges of each part coming to s halt when they collide with each other (Imagine Neapolitan ice-cream). The rightmost side is a rich orange clay mixed with tints of red every once and a while. The center is mono-color, a simple gray. The are void of anything else. And the left side is made of an earthy brown dirt, patches of grass situate every once and a while.

The angels that inhabit these lands are holy in appearance. Large feathery white wings, grow out of the scapula of angels. The hair of angles lack black pigmentation, only being made of bright colors like blonde rose quartz pink and sky blue. The angels like to keep their hair long it gives them a something to keep their heads warm while flying. 

They don't lack strength by any means. This has lead to the angels seeing themselves as the appointed guardians of the world and their ability almost suits that purpose perfectly. The angels have the ability Temporary Evolution. For a short period of time the power of the angels rises greatly. 

The angels appearance changes, their wings grow out more, the feathers being golden at their tips. A golden halo of energy rises above the heads of the angels. As the transformation loses its strength the halo starts to dim. When the halo disappears the transformation ends. The skin of the angels becomes covered in gilded lines like the wires on a circuit board. Their hair glows, and their feet and hands become pure white.

The most important factor is the angels strength. They rise up to the next step, become faster, and stronger. Their power is multiplied by that of a factor of three. But the transformation is short-lived only lasting a couple minutes and draining the angels of all their energy.

8