Chapter 4
855 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a large city near the edge of its borders there stood a small and unremarkable house.

 

It was made with what looked to be cheap wood, stone and had cardboard covering what were most likely holes exposing the inside of the house to the outside world.

 

Inside the house, however, was a recently reincarnated Alex who could be seen heading to an unknown location inside the house with a slightly worn down and damaged book in hand.

 

He then went inside a room that didn’t have all that much in it just some blankets, homemade pillows and a small makeshift crib that was made using a basket and some blankets and inside this makeshift crib was Alex’s sleeping infant brother Damian, Alex then sat against a wall next to him and started to read his book.

 

It’s been four years since Alex reincarnated and although four years can be seen as a long time for most people for Alex it’s gone by pretty quickly as he’s been keeping himself busy.

 

After Alex was reincarnated he quickly found out that not only had he been reborn as an infant but that there were also a few things he was unaware of that he needed to learn sooner rather than later.

 

The first being the most important to Alex which was the language barrier. After spending some time with his new family it was quickly made clear to Alex that he couldn’t understand a single word they said, to him, it sounded like they were just making random noises.

 

This caused Alex a lot of trouble in the beginning since he already spoke another language and was in the body of an infant which made it hard to communicate with his parents, having to constantly pay attention to what they were saying and in what context, which was also in itself difficult since due to him being a baby his parents felt the constant need to speak in a way that made it difficult to get the pronunciation right.

 

Eventually however after he turned two years old he was given an old book that was made by a little community group that his family was a part of. Its purpose was to help their children learn how to read and write which helped him a lot when trying to remember certain words and what they meant.

 

But even though he’s made significant progress with this countries language he still has some trouble with pronunciation, unable to say certain words or sentences without sounding like he was making up his own language. Because of this he rarely talks in front of others only using the bare minimum to get by while continuing to practice his pronunciation in private using the book.

 

The second and least important thing at least for Alex was where exactly he was. Ever since the moment he gained awareness of his surroundings Alex realised something was off his home was much more primitive than his previous life’s home and the standards for daily living were quite low, well judging from what he could remember from his previous life anyway. 

  

After noticing this Alex’s suspicions were later confirmed with the information he gained from his new parents and family friends realising he wasn’t in the same world anymore but rather a completely new one which made him question just how many there really were, but that was a question for another day.

 

With this new information, Alex has learned many things about his current location the first being the country. He now lives in a country called Orith one of the four major countries located on the continent of Avalon and is located on the north side of it. Its name originated from its founder, a human that was also named Orith who was said to be the strongest man in history with rumours saying that he could slay a dragon with a single blow.

 

The city Alex resides in however is called Helbrum and sharing a similar theme with how Orith was named the city was named after the Royal family that was appointed by Orith himself, It is currently the second-largest city in the country in terms of size but has the largest population of any other settlement located in Orith being home to merchants, adventurers and many refugees who lost their homes due to either monsters or war.

 

And the third major thing Alex wanted to learn were the details about both his new family and himself and after learning the language he finally managed to get those details, the first being about his parents. His father James worked as an assistant for a reasonably successful blacksmith located in the cities slums, while his mother Grace worked at home not only taking care of both him and his brother Damian but she also washed clothes for the community in exchange for either food or change.

 

The next few things Alex learned, however, were about himself firstly he was born on the 17th day of the Light month in the year 1584 which marked how long it had been since their ancestors had founded and settled down in the continent of Avalon.

 

Secondly, his light brown hair from his previous life was replaced with a dark Azure blue and his brown eyes were replaced with a bright crimson red.

 

The last and final notable detail about himself however was perhaps the most unique thing that’s happened to him since being brought back to life, that being his new name, Aurora Ward. At first, he didn’t mind much thinking it was just a random name and if he felt like it he could change it later on but as he got older he soon noticed something, he was now a she

 

Alex or as she’s now referred to as Aurora didn’t notice at first having forgotten much about her past life it hadn’t even crossed her mind that she had changed genders forgetting the fact that she was previously male while being trapped in the void.

 

It only came to her recently after having a memory of using the bathroom in her previous life, remembering that she had something attached to her lower body that was now gone and after asking her parents about what exactly that thing was they awkwardly explained it to her and only then did it click.

 

after realising her gender had changed she didn’t know how to feel, on one hand, she didn’t really care having next to no memories of her previous gender only remembering a few details about her previous life, but on the other hand, now that she’s remembered what she’s lost she couldn’t help but feel a little sad now knowing she’s lost something else after being robbed of her previous life.

 

After giving it a bit of thought however, Aurora decided to stop thinking about her previous life altogether and instead focus on her current one. she then continued to read her book and practice her pronunciations.

 

“Th-an-k u…Th-an-k u…Th-an-k u Thank you”

 

And with that, she’s now started to fill the void that’s slowly been eating away at her with new interests and memories.

28