The Reason and Decision.
3.7k 9 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"May I know the reason for this statement?"-Shido.

"Yes... You see. Father of Fuyumi... he is very strict and adamant on the topic of quirks and strength.
Fuyumi told me you are quirkless. And it is very probable that after knowing about your relationship with, Fuyumi; he will not acknowledge it and may try to break your relationship with her."-Rei said in an apologetic tone, thinking I will blame her family for it.

"Thanks for the heads-up"-Shido

Not expecting such a reply from me, Rei had a shocked expression on her face.

"I think I should leave now, as it is close to the time limit for meeting patients."-Shido.

I said and stood up, called Fuyumi, who was outside the door. She came inside and said goodbyes to her mother. But her mother still had a conflicting expression on her face. Thinking about the future of her daughter and how she can't even do anything to help her.
While Fuyumi was saying goodbyes, I hired a taxi by phone and waited for her. After that, we entered the cab, and the cab went towards Fuyumi's house.

"You shouldn't have said about the separation part, you know?"-Fuyumi

"I know, your request to say something made me blurt out whatever I could gather, without thinking what I was saying."-Shido

"So... What did mom say while I was outside?"-Fuyumi

"If it was a thing you should know, then she wouldn't have requested you to leave the room."-Shido

"Don't be like that, Shido. Just say it..please..please.. aren't you a lovely boyfriend."-Fuyumi said with puppy eyes.

Looking at this cliché happening to me, I can only sigh and said

"Your mother said our relationship may not long last."-Shido

"What??... I mean, Why?"-Fuyumi asking frantically.

"Let's talk about it later."-Shido said while moving his eyes towards the taxi driver.

Fuyumi understood and said to the taxi driver
"
Can you drop us to a café?"-Fuyumi

The taxi driver just nodded and changed his route.

After reaching the café, she reserved a private room for us to talk. She took my hand and rushed in.

"NOW, Tell me.."-Fuyumi.

"Wait, first calm down a bit, take some deep breaths."-Shido, trying to decrease her tension a bit before dropping the bomb on her.

"Now, I am fine, say it Shido, don't make me wait anymore."-Fuyumi

"Well... I mentioned earlier, your mother said our relationship will not last long, that means to break in the future."-Shido

"I know what 'not last long means'... tell me the reason for it"-Fuyumi still frantic

"She said after your father knows about you having a relationship with a quirkless person, he will not acknowledge it and is expected to do something which may break our relationship, as he is very strict towards quirks while I am a quirkless guy."-Shido

Listening to this, Fuyumi's shoulder slumped while her head hung low. Tears started dripping from her eyes.

"Why..... He was never around.. when mom was raising us.. he just abused Shoto and mom... When mom went to the mental asylum... grandma(Rei's mother) took care of us, After she passed away... I... I tried to handle everything... helping Natsuo for college entrance... Bandaging Shoto after his training with him... But when I tried to find some ... happiness.. why is he.... why..why?"- Fuyumi muttered in low voice as tears dripping from her eyes.

I placed my hand on her shoulder making her look at me with tearful eyes. I just hugged her and patting her back slowly, lifting her mood a bit.

"Fuyumi, don't be stressed out that much, this is just speculation, and he hasn't done anything yet. When I meet your family, and he doesn't acknowledge our relationship then... "-Shido said still hugging her.

Fuyumi breaks from the hug and looks into my eyes, "Then..?"
My eyes become sharp, while I said, "Then, I will make him acknowledge our relationship."

She smiles a bit with tears still in her eyes but the reason for tears is different, from sadness to tears of happiness and relief.

After spending some time, talking about random topics and ordering food from the café, her mood returned to normal. We concluded the date and left the café. We were walking down the road while holding hands, enjoying the little peaceful moments we can share.

While we were walking, a loud scream of a woman reached surfaced

When I turned towards the source of the scream, that I can identify easily because of my heightened senses. I found a hooligan cornering a woman against a wall while having his hand, which is pointed like a knife, raised. The woman again shouted

"HELP... Please... Hellppp me... Please" The woman said, tearing up more and more, as death was just inches away from her.

I decided to help this woman. This time I had the perfect solution to hide my identity. And that is to equip face-covering clothes which are face bandanas or balaclava (Burglar masks), bought from Clothing shops in GTA San Andreas which I did during my training, while I was thinking about hiding my identity. It is equipped instantaneously, and these clothes are very durable.

I wanted to rush to help, but Fuyumi was holding my hand with our fingers interlocked. She was in a stupor watching the scene with a distressed look on her face. I wanted to free my hand and rush towards the woman, but Fuyumi held my hand tightly, not letting it go while her attention was on the scene that was happening in front of us.

The patience of the hooligan ended up, he raised his hand to attack the woman, when his hand slashed down to cut the woman, it got stuck in the wood. Feeling the resistance, the hooligan realized someone is between his target. He looked to the one who interrupted him. The man had a brown helmet-like head, and his arms are made of wood.

But before he could make any conclusions, he was knocked out by the man.

Someone from the gathered crowd recognized him and said his name aloud,
"Wood Hero- Kamui Woods."

I recognized him but didn't give much thought to it, and the scene was over after some time. Kamui quickly apprehended the hooligan and handed him over to the police.

I hired a taxi and dropped Fuyumi at her home. We didn't say anything during the entire ride. The taxi then stopped outside my house, I paid him and went to my room absentmindedly.

Those screams for help were still lingering in my mind. I just cannot shirk them off my mind. I think this will stay for days. The helplessness and the fear in the voice. That is making me feel bad for doing nothing, even after all this training to increase my power. I have all this power, but I still didn't do anything.

I then made a decision,

"It is time to get some field experience."

137