Experiment and Confession.
2.2k 8 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up and found that the sky is still dark when I saw it through the window. When I wanted to leave the futon, I felt some weight on my arm. I saw the little girl sleeping while hugging my arm as a body pillow. I found it cute, as she usually stays cold to me and she is currently sleeping while hugging my arm.

I slowly pulled my arm from the hold of the little girl and freed myself. I took her from the futon and placed her on the bed with my pillow for her to hug while sleeping. After covering her with a quilt and watching her sleep for some time, I went to the bathroom to freshen up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was currently sitting on a chair near the window, enjoying the view of the peaceful street. When I opened the window, a cold but soothing breeze entered the room. I remembered the time when I made a 'need to do' list around a year ago. I opened the drawer and took out the 'need to-do' list. I read the points I wrote at that time and I completed all of them. I turned the page where the 'Future Goals' were written. I read them and ticked the ones which I have completed.

'Future Goals'

1. Get Stronger ✓

2. Find more about the System and its hidden features. --

3. Rescue Eri ✓

4. Get in a relationship with Fuyumi ✓

All of them are completed except the goal related to exploring the system. I think the system contains more features than it meets the eyes. I did find some stuff like Hidden Interior Dimension, the missions I got randomly, etc. But I can't say I have found everything about the system and the recent discovery I made about the system is in the [Brief/Logs] of the system.

I opened the System UI and opened [Brief/Logs]. There were the notifications I got after absorbing the 'Quirk Orb' after defeating Overhaul.

[You have acquired the ability 'Overhaul' by defeating Boss: Kai Chisaki (Overhaul)]

[Overhaul: Overhaul grants the user, the ability to disassemble anything they touch, as well as reassemble it in any configuration they desire, effectively giving them full control over the matter.]

[Ability: Overhaul contains Law of Matter which can be scanned by the System. The system will scan the Law and update the existing Library of System.]

[The Law of Matter has been scanned and the Library has been updated.]

I was wondering why I only got the 'Quirk Orb' from Overhaul and not others, it seems the System has defined some beings as Boss Characters and defeating them may give me some loot drop. 'Quirk Orb' being the loot drop for killing Overhaul.

Next, the description of the Quirk. It's pretty much the same as Overhaul. It still needs physical contact to use the quirk. I will have to experiment more with the quirk in some of my free time.

Now, the next two notifications are out of the ordinary. It says that the 'Overhaul' contains Law of Matter, which can be understood easily as it gives the user full control over matter, but the next thing is I cannot understand. It says the system will scan and update the Library.

'Does this means the system has a Library of Laws? but why does it need to update the Laws, they are pretty much the same in every world? or are they different from the GTA world as the System contains Laws from GTA world.'

'I think it's the latter, if the Laws were the same, then the Spawn cheats would've worked on the first try but they didn't.'

Suddenly a thought passed through my head. I couldn't use the Spawn cheats at that time because the system couldn't affect the World Laws as it didn't have this world's Laws but now I have the Law of Matter updated.

I stood up from the chair, wanting to experiment, but I saw Eri sleeping peacefully on the bed. I cannot do the experiment here, so I went downstairs to start my experiments on the cheats.

After that, I went to the dining area of the shop and started making someplace for the experiment by moving the furniture near to the walls. After making some space, I thought of the vehicle which will take the least space. Now, I know which vehicle I am going to spawn.

{ROCKETMAN} - Spawn Jetpack

[Cheat Activated]

As the cheat activation pop-up came, A Jetpack that came out of nowhere was now on my back. Information on how to use the Jetpack was being injected into my mind. Sometime after organizing and understanding the given information, I grabbed the extended bar which had something like a joystick on it. I pressed on the joystick and dragged it tilted backward, I started lifting off the ground. I was excited as I can finally fly and I can spawn various vehicles. Killing Overhaul really gave me a huge boost to my versatility in using the cheats. Earlier I was not able to use cheats on others as the cheats only applied to me, but now I can fuse my fingers on them to connect to me and then use the cheats to have the effects on them.

I landed on the ground after some time flying in the shop. I feel very good but I cannot the same about the store as dust accumulated during my absence has entirely become a dust storm covering the entire shop because of using the Jetpack's propulsion.

'I will have to clean this mess up now.' I sighed. I took a broom and started cleaning the shop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[Same Day, 7:30 AM]

I finished cleaning an hour ago and started making the breakfast for Eri and me, then I remembered I haven't brought her a toothbrush. I rushed to the convenience store close to the house. After some time, I returned and went upstairs to wake Eri up. When I opened the door of the room, I found Eri who woke up, was looking around her with a worried expression.

"What Happened?"-Shido

My question made Eri look towards me, after that her worried expression changed to a normal one.

"Nothing."-Eri

Shido doubted her but didn't say anything.

"I brought you a new toothbrush, come brush your teeth, Breakfast is ready."-Shido

Eri complied and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Downstairs, Eri and I were eating breakfast. Eri was eating her breakfast fast like she has something to do after breakfast.

"Don't eat too fast or you will choke on it."-Shido

"I have to binge Courage the Cowardly Dog after watching 2 episodes of Tom and Jerry."-Eri

"It's already on the Streaming platform, why the rush?"-Shido

"You wouldn't get it."-Eri

'Why wouldn't I get it, I am also young, don't treat me like I'm a boomer or something. Kids these days.' I sighed

When I was in my thoughts, there was a knock on the door. I stood up, went to the door, and opened it. Fuyumi was on the other side of the door.

"Hello Fuyumi, come in."-Shido

Fuyumi nodded and entered the shop. Eri who had completed her breakfast left her seat.

"I have completed my breakfast. I am going upstairs to the room."-Eri said and left

Fuyumi noticed the little girl and wanted to ask him about her but there was a thing that was more important she wanted to talk about. She went forward and sat on a seat.

"Have you had your breakfast?"-Shido

Fuyumi just shook her head in response to his question. I shook my head as she usually forgets to have her breakfast. I took some extra breakfast and placed it in front of her. She started eating. I sat in front of her. Now, I look closely she was not in a good condition as there were dark circles under her eyes and there was a small band-aid on the corner of her forehead.

"What happened? is everything okay? are you not getting enough sleep and why is there a band-aid on your head."-Shido

Fuyumi, who was eating didn't answer any of my questions. I let her complete her breakfast first. It was my mistake to ask her several questions when she is eating.

After some time, she completed her breakfast and placed the bowl aside on the table. She looked at me, her face had a conflicted expression.

"I don't know... how do I explain this?"-Fuyumi

I took her hand in mine and looked into her eyes.

"Just take a deep breath and say whatever is in your mind."-Shido

Fuyumi took a deep breath and started explaining.

"After you hung up the call, I was going to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast, but I fell down in the kitchen and hit my head on the edge of the platform, which led to a bleeding wound."-Fuyumi said and pointed to her band-aid.

"But how did you fall in the first place. You are not that clumsy from what I know."-Shido

Fuyumi looked at him with some anger clear on her face.

"I was lost in my thoughts while I was walking. It's all your fault"-Fuyumi

Listening to this really massaged my ego as A beautiful girl is lost in thoughts about me.

"I didn't know you loved me so much you are lost in thoughts about me."-Shido

"What are you talking about? I clearly heard your friend saying 'THE LITTLE GIRL IS NOW CONSCIOUS, COME QUICKLY' urgently, through the phone. How can I sleep thinking my boyfriend is attending some unconscious little girl and I just saw a little girl right in your home here."-Fuyumi

'She heard that.' I thought. This is clearly getting out of hand.

"Fuyumi, you are misunderstanding something. Let me explain first."-Shido

"Yeah, Explain, I'm all ears."-Fuyumi

I sighed and looked at Fuyumi with determined eyes.

"First let me say something..."-Shido

I fused my hand with Fuyumi's and I activated {HESOYAM}, Fuyumi's wound healed in an instant. Feeling the pain is not there, Fuyumi touched her forehead with her other hand found that the wound is not paining anymore. I pulled her band-aid slowly and touched her forehead, she felt no pain. She ran her fingers where the wound used to be. There was nothing but clear skin.

"... I have awakened my quirk."-Shido

"And I am...."

But before I could end my sentence.

[User is in contact with another System.]

...

...

[External System trying to invade the user.]

[Defense Protocol initiated. Hostile System to be usurped and assimilated in 5..4..3.. ]

'What is happening??!!'

107