Chapter 2 – The Fantasy Slayers
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fantasy Slayer

Chapter 2 - The Fantasy Slayers


 

3 days have passed since Gon got discharged from the hospital.

In the middle of the night, Gon is still awake.

Gon: That fucking thief......

The girl?: “I’ve been following you ever since you went to get the lottery prize!”

         Does he know where our house is?...........Mr.Tomson came to us to assure that he'll cooperate with the cops to find that thief as fast as they could.........

        But that thief has a special power to manipulate his face...........that's the hard part...

For the past few days, Gon couldn't get his proper sleep because of the paranoia.

Gon: What if he already knew our location....and already in here while disguising as the neighbor......or even worse...my parents........

          When I was still in the hospital although mom and dad was with me all the time, they still had to come back here for the clothes as well.........that's the gap.....

......

...

...

Gon: I can't stay passive like this anymore!

.........

In the next morning. At Tomson's office.

*knock knock*

???: Mr.Tomson. There's someone wishes to speak to you.

Tomson: Let them in.

???: Yes.

..

Gon: Excuse me.

Tomson: Gon?! Why are you here?! have a seat!

Gon: Thank you.

          I'm sorry Mr.Tomson, but I can't stay doing nothing like this.

 

Tomson: What are you talking about? No jobs for you, remember?

Gon: No, it's about the thief that stabbed me.

Tomson: Oh....Sorry. Do you want us to do something? The cops are busy hunting the culprit for you though.

Gon: Yes, I know you guys are working hard for me, but like I said before. I can't stay passive anymore.

Tom: What do you mean?

Gon: .........

          ......

         I want to find that thief as well...

Tom: !......

          ..............You're joking...right?

Gon doesn't say anything, implying that he's very determined.

Tom: No. Are you kidding me?! Do you think this is like playing tag like normal crime cases?! The thief you're speaking about is the special power user!!

           Even if his power is just manipulating his face, it's still dangerous for you! The special power might not so fantasy for some persons, but you can't underestimate just because of that! The powers are good or not depends on the user not the power itself!

 

Gon: I know well how dangerous it might be, but these past few days I couldn't sleep because I was afraid that motherfucker would get into our house and kill us all!

          Besides, I am not a kid anymore, sir! Please understand me!

Although the two are having an intense conversation, but neither of them use any emotions at all.

Tomson: *sight* ..............

......

...

.

A silence falls into the room.

And then Tom finally speaks up.

Tom: No matter how I say you're gonna do it, right?

           ........

           Tell me first, how are you gonna find him? Any plan?

Gon: .......  He stole my wallet and phone. First I'm gonna trail him by finding the store he sold my phone. There's no way he would keep my phone to himself.

Tom: The cops have already done that. And they got nothing. The owner of the store said that "It was an old man that came to me".

          Say, you said that he has special power to manipulate his face then of course, he won't show his real face to the public for sure.

          Now, how are you gonna chase him?

Gon: ..........

Tom: See? You're stuck like us too! *sight* Believe me, Gon. Just go back to your home, and prepare or do something to protect your parents in case that thief actually comes for you.

           You're here right now. Won't you worry about your parents? Now, now. Believe me and trust in the cops. Please get back to your home.

Gon: ......... Fine. Sorry for wasting your time......

Tom: It's ok.

 

Gon: Uh...Before I go. Could I at least say hello to Mr.Kim? Since I got discharged from hospital I haven't seen him since that day. It was only you who came to talk about the case.

Tom: Sure. Actually, I'm free right now as well. Let's drive to his office.

Gon: Wait. Isn't he here?

Tom: Nope. His office is quite far from here.

Gon: Why? Didn't you guys say that you're secret agents. Shouldn't you two working in the same place?

Tom: ........ Didn't I tell you to keep it secret?! You don't need to know that.....

....

...

          ....Fine. Since we're going together anyway, I'll tell you a bit in the car then.

Gon: haha.....sorry for causing you more and more troubles. I promise I'll delete those memories from my head after the thief is caught.

....................................................

 

Tom: The place we're heading right now is the secret office for our agents. The reason we need to keep it secret because there is someone very important in that team.

Gon: Team?! Why do you call it team? Shouldn't world organization have a big department or whatnot?

Tom: Nope. It's a team. Kim asked for it personally. He doesn't want too much people in there because dealing with these special power thingies is dangerous. He....... he just don't want to sacrifice anymore...

Gon: I see.....sorry for that...

Tom: ...........

.....

...

          We've arrived.

The two doesn't speak anymore for a while. Then they finally arrived at the office.

The office that Kim is working on are located at a lively place. The two enters into a building that is not too large nor too small. It somehow looks like a hospital.........no it looks kind of like some center buildings.

 

Gon: This place looks like some kind of center like in game....

Tom: Nah...it looks like a big cafe for me.

Gon: Ya..yeah! That's right! A cafe! It's like a cafe somehow...

The two finally stop at some doors inside the cafe building. There's a sign above the doors that reads "Fantasy Slayer"

Gon: Fantasy...Slay...

Tom: Don't say it...

Gon: Ok sir....

Tom looks quite cringed at the name "Fantasy Slayer".

The doors are automatic doors. When the two get closer it opens.

Tom: Yo! Is anyone here?! Why is it so dark?

Says Tom then he presses the switch to turn on the lights inside the room.

The room behind the doors are quite large. There are some furniture placed in a certain area which looks like it's for welcoming the guests on the left.

On the right of that 'living' area, there are some tables and computers, and beyond those tables there is a door which Gon assumes that it must lead to the kitchen.

Beyond the 'living' area there are dark-toned curtains which they're blocking the sunlight right now.

Tom: Kim is out of office huh?.......but there should be someone in here.....

Gon: The room is quite cold, Mr.Tom....I like this weather........

         !!!!!!!!!!!

          HUH?!

Tom and Gon found no one inside the room, so they welcomed themselves in and sit at the 'living' area.

Suddenly Gon felt something behind him.

The chair that Gon is on right now is facing toward the curtains.

Gon: Wha....What?!.....Just now...I'm pretty sure that someone was staring at me from behind......

Gon thinks. Although he felt that but he doesn't turn his back to face the truth.

Tom: Hm? What's the matter, Gon? You ok? Is it too cold in here for you? I'll change the A/C temp then.....ah! I've just realized! The A/C is working right now then there should be someone here.

Seeing Gon got stunned and goosebumps, Tom asks worriedly.

 

???: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~

A woman voice comes out.

Tom: Oh?! Sorry, I thought no one here.

          Gon, this is Ms.Kmi.

Tom sees Ms.Kmi from behind Gon then he introduces her to Gon.

Gon stands up and turns back. He sees a woman in her early 30....no.....in her late 20 with a honey skin in her pink nurse uniform.

Gon: Hello, ma'am....uh..Ms.Kay...mi....?  My name is Gon. Prueksagorn Patosood.

Gon says while reaching out his hand for a shake. What he hasn't noticed until now is that there's a desk on the left not far from the doors. It looks like a hospital reception desk.

 

???: Oh?!~ Hiiii~ Mr.Gon~

        My name is KaoMi Talibah~

Ms.Kaomi reaches her hand out to shake Gon's.

Gon: !

......

...

..

         It's nothing. Her hand is quite soft~

Tom: Where is Kim though?

Kaomi: Hmmmmm~....Eh....~ I think he said that he has other important thing to do today~~

Tom: Oh, I see.......

           Now I know where Kim got that weird speech style from ......

Gon: Why is she speaking like that......Why is she drawling? But her voice is kinda soothing tho....

Kmi: Hmmm?~ What's the matter?~ you two?~

Tom: Uh.....nothing...hahaha.

Gon: Nope..nothing. Ma'am. hhahaajaja.

The two get a bit surprised at Kaomi's words that they speak a bit too loud that wakes someone....

 

?????: What the hell?!?!

A boy's voice explodes out of a sofa near Tomson.

Tom: Woah?!?! You were here too? How come I haven't noticed you?

???: I think you should have your eyes checked, old man!

There is a Asian boy appears with the blanket that is the same color as the sofa.

Tom: Kids these day.......

           Well I'm sorry then! That I didn't see you sleeping here! LONG!

Long: Will ya shut up? I need to sleep here....huh? Who are you?

Gon: Hello. I'm Gon. Prueksa-

Long: Don't care. Get out now! I need to sleep!

Tom: Ah....sorry Gon. Please don't mind him. He's a bit rude, but actually is a good boy.

Tom tries to speak as low as possible to not interrupt Long.

Ms. Kmi giggles a bit from behind Gon.

Gon: Ah I see! Should we get out now? Mr.Kim is not here anyway..

Seeing Tom tries not to interrupt the sleeping kid, Gon also respect their needs as well.

Tom: Ya! Let us go!

Long: Wait!

Before Gon and Tomson could say goodbye to Ms. Kmi. Long speaks up while frowning and then point his finger toward Gon.

Long: You. Come here before leaving!

Gon looks at Tomson confusingly.

Long: Come on!

Tomson nods at Gon then Gon walks closer to Long.

Long: Give me your hand.

Gon seems confused for a few seconds then gives the kid a hand.

Long reaches one of his hand out and clasp Gon's hand.

Long: ...........

"System Operated"

Gon: !!

A voice comes out of no where and for a few seconds. There is a something that looks like a window of system like those novels appears in front of Long.

The System: Online

Name: Prueksagorn Patosood

Age: 24

Strength: Normal   Speed: Normal

Wisdom: Unexpectedly(?) Good

Special Power: Unknown

Note from System: Be careful with him.

Gon: WoooOOooaahaaaat?!?!?!?!?!!??

In the window, many texts appear one by one. Gon surprises then tries to read the reversed texts.

Tomson: Huh.....Special power unknow?!....Be careful? what?

Long: What the....My system is always 100% accurate!!!!

........

            What does this mean? Special Power Unknow?!

Gon: Yooooooooooowwww!.....Mr.Tomson, what is this?!

Tomson: God dammit, Long! I wanted to keep Gon from these things! Now he knows your secret!

.......

*sigh*  What's with this day?.

Kaomi: Hiiii~ Please have this tea~ It'll soothe your mind~~

Tomson: Thank you Ms.K- wait. Weren't you just behind me just now?! When did you get the tea?! I mean, when did you boil the water?!

Kmi: Hehe~ I'm pretty fast~~

Tomson drinks the tea that Kaomi gave him while Long is curiously trying to find his answers with Gon's hand.

Tomson: Listen, Gon. Since it's become like this.

                 Long is the important person I talked about. Long's special power "The system" allows him to get the information of the person he contact with.

Gon: Woah!!! Awesome ma dude!

Gon says to Long.

Long: .......

Tomson: And by I mean 'contact' is also including from his sight as well. Normally he could get some information just by looking at persons as long as he uses the power. But if he wish to get further or more detailed information he needs to touch that person physically.

Long: And you! Your special power is unknown!! Impossible!!! There has never been anyone like you before! MY system always get the power right! It should show at least a name!

          And what's with the system warning? system has never interacted with me like this before? Has my power grown?

Gon: Yo, I don't know too, boy. Since I was born I have no idea about that! I'm not lying though. Now I think I need to go. Let go of my hand please?

Long: NO! I must figure this out! If don't get it right I couldn't sleep for sure! Hmmmmm...

Long concentrates his mind more.

 

*WARNING! WARNING!*

A dangerous attempt is proceeding!

Please cease the action at once!

You are in danger!

 

Long: I can't believe it! The system actually speaks to me?! This is the first time! Maybe this guy can make it grow more!

Gon: Yo, kid! I don't think it's good. Stop this!

Tomson: Oi!!! Long! Stop it! I don't think it's good either!

Long: SHUT UP!! I MUST KNOW HIS SECRET!! THE SYSTEM CAN FINALLY SPEAK TO ME TOO!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

 

You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!You are in danger!

Long's system voice keeps come out to warn him. Long's nose bleeds as he concentrates more and more with his eyes shut.


 

Long: ??? Huh? Where am I?

Long finds himself in the dark place with nothing to be seen.

.....

...

.

*clang* *clang*

A sound of chains rattle come out.

Long turns to the way of that noises and found a giant Crimson Crystal imprisoned in chains.

Long reaches out his hand for that crystal and then....

*ÄØÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ*

Kaomi: Long! Long!

Long: Ha....hahhh..hahhaha...

Long heard the roar that was not an animal's. He was terrified to the very core of his soul then suddenly, he heard Kaomi's voice calls out to him and finally comes back to present.

Long: *pant* *pant*  That was not an animal roar....IT'S NOT EVEN AN ANIMAL...HAAHAHH....HUHUUU....

After Long came back to his senses, he breathes heavily as his face looks frightened as if he's just faced death. He whimpers as speaking.

 

Host is in panic state! The System needs to shut down! The System needs to shut down!The System needs to shut down!The System needs to shut down!The System needs to shut down!The System needs to shut down!

Long's system voice rings out again, and then the teary, frightened Long passes out.

Tomson: LONG!!!!!!

Gon: ?!!!!

Gon is still confused at the scene while Tomson and Ms.Kaomi surprised at Long's pass out.


 

0