CH-7 – DECISION AND RESPECT
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had already been 6 days since Dean had started training the recruits. All of them had progressed greatly, and had become stronger. Their training for the day had finished, atleast for the most of them. 

Hahahaha 

"Yes, Dean's choice of food really is weird." Cordelia said.

"His favourite food is potato chips dipped in chocolate! Who eats that?" Jaelyn replied.

"Now now. We must not make fun of him. He is our branch leader and also our teacher." Amelia said while giggling. 

"I still can't believe he is the branch leader of one of the strongest branches in the army. He is so easy going and carefree. He sleeps when he wants to, he wakes up when he wants and he keeps starring at the night sky! Even if he was the strongest branch leader in his prime, he has now become old. At the age of 71, with wrinkles, he is surely not the same Dean he was in his prime." Brian told the others. His presence is very soothing, as he takes away the pressure off of you. Which branch leader trains new recruits on their very first week?"

"Brian you cannot insult our branch leader in that way. He is surely amazing if he still retains his position." said Peter angrily. 

"No Peter, he is just stating facts about me." Dean walks in through the door, inside the main hall. "I am surely, not the same I was back when I was young. I am very carefree too. You did praise me Brian, saying that I take the pressure off of you. What pressure?"

"The pressure of mastering the six modes within six months. It is a very difficult task Dean, but with your help, we might just do it." 

"Dean..." Amelia asked "Is it fine for us to call you sir itself, as calling our branch leader by his first name is very disrespectful and weird?"

"Sir you say. I am extremely sorry but I cannot give you the permission to call me sir."

"Why Dean? Are we not good enough?" asked Peter.

"No. It is just that I don't like being called sir. Now, it is already late, so why don't you all go to sleep. Where is Ingrid? Is he still training?"

"Yes. He never stops training." said Cordelia.

"Then all of you, with Ingrid, go off to bed. You are a part of my branch, so I must take care of you. All soldiers under the Eagle branch are my children. Now off to bed. Tomorrow, you might get your very first mission. You need to be well rested before going on the mission right."

"Yes Dean."

All of them go towards the training room, to pick up Ingrid. After this, they head off to bed.

Dean walks up the stairs, and goes to the terrace. He sits on a rocking chair and looks up at the beautiful, star filled, night sky. 

"They want to give me respect, huh. They think of me as some special being, and respect me from the bottom of their hearts. Everyone respects me. But, I am not worthy of that respect. I am never will be worthy of that respect, am I not right, Spencer?"

34 years in the past. War with the Joy Empire:

Dean, soldier of the Eagle branch, Rank 1. 

Sounds of fighting could be hear everywhere. People flying, sounds of clanking and blood was present everywhere. It was a battlefield. Many people were in pain, and many were losing their lives.

"Okay everyone. We will proceed further, right towards the headquarters of the enemy." Said Dean to the men under his command. 

"But sir, we are surrounded by enemy on all fronts. Rushing straight for the headquarters of the enemy is just foolish." Said one of Dean's men.

"Am I the head of command here or you?"

"You sir."

"Yes. So, we will head straight for the headquarters. Team B and Team C should be arriving here soon. They will provide us enough cover for this rush."

Team A, commanded by Dean, was going to make a foolish and risky move in a war. If this backfired, then they would all definitely die on the battlefield.

"Sir, I believe we should wait a little until the remaining teams arrive."

"Spencer, don't talk nonsense like the others. The enemy currently believes we will do just that. To surprise the enemy, we must attack now. Do you get it?"

"Yes sir."

They marched out of their hiding spot. 20 brave men were flying straight for the enemy headquarters. The enemies were surprised by this suicidal move, but with superior numbers, were able to handle this sudden attack. Team B and Team C were stalled on their way here, and until they arrived for Team A's help, there were only 5 of them remaining. With their arrival, the enemy headquarters was captured. The capture of the south headquarter of the Joy empire, concluded this war. From Team A, only Dean and spencer were still alive, with Spencer on the verge of Death. 

"Forgive me Spencer. I was a fool. I should have listened to you, and waited for Team B and Team C to arrive. Please, you cannot die. Please, I beg of you." Tears were rolling down Dean's eyes. He felt more pain in seeing Spencer's condition than his own injuries. 

"Si...Sir. You made the ri...ght choice. We won this... war because of you." 

Spencer's condition was very bad. He needed immediate treatment, and the doctors were on their way. 

"Don't speak Spencer. Wait for a little while. The doctors are on coming. They will be here soon, and treat you right away. Don't you worry at all."

"Sir. I know... one day you... will become... a branch leader. So,... next time... think about... the safety... of your team... a bit more... if it is so painful for you... to watch them die." He died right after saying these words, but with a smirk on his face.

Team A was awarded for it's bravery in the war, and the country mourned for their deaths. Dean was promoted to a Branch leader after this war. But Dean had decided, that no one ever will call him sir again, No one will die on his watch again and he would always listen to what his soldiers had to say.

 

Meanwhile in Taxil:

"It's already been 6 days, but we have not found anything yet, sir. Was it just a false alarm?"

"No Chris. Many people here are very restless. I also feel something is wrong here. We just need to find an evidence, and then report back to the headquarters."

"What? No action for us, sir?"

"No. Our mission was just to observe and get some information."

"So, we just waste our 1 week, for a false alarm. And if it just proves not to be a false alarm, we just gather information and report back?"

"Correct. You are a fast learner Chris."

Chris and Noah kept walking together, towards the hotel they were staying at. After 6 whole days, they were not able to find any clues to whether why there was a disturbance reported here. Apart from the fact that an energy signature found here recently, there was no other evidence that there is a disturbance. It might have been a soldier who was just practising here, but Chris and Noah were not going to stop until they did find ay clues. 

While walking, Noah and Chris went in opposite directions. Noah saw two men talking in a back alley. He decided to eavesdrop on them. One was wearing a black cap, a black mask and a black blazer. The second man was hidden behind a pole, and not visible.  

The first man was saying, "Yes. Good going. If we continue at this rate, we will achieve our goals in a few years."

"Don't worry, sir. I will work my hardest to realise our goal."

"We have already gained 32 old generation suits. We just need more people on our side, and more suits. What about those fellow soldiers you were going to bring along?"

"They will be arriving in tomorrow's meeting."

"Good. Tomorrow is a very important day. After all we will be discussing where we will be hiding these suits. This garage is not a very safe place after all."

"Yes sir. The meeting is at 4 right?"

"Yes. Be here on time. All our members will be present in the meeting. In a few years, when we have enough men and suits, we will start a rebellion and overthrow Ashok!"

Hahahaha

"What!? A rebellion!?" Noah thought.

"I will need to report back immediately, because if I am late, they will hide the suits elsewhere. What if I act now? I will retrieve the suits, but then I won't be able to capture all the members of this rebellion. There are even some soldiers who will be joining them. This rebellion will have to be stopped in tomorrow's meeting. I will have to hurry."

Noah immediately went back to his hotel room. After confirming that there was no one eavesdropping him, he called the Eagle headquarters and told the communication team, the current situation at Taxil. He was awaiting further orders. 

1