Ch-11 – Sudden Increase
22 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crash!

The wind was blowing and sweeping away all the fallen leaves with it. There were trees all around. Cordelia and a rebel were both struggling to take down each other. Cordelia was very tense as it was her first fight.

“This is difficult!” Huff Huff “I should have listened to my parents and become a bank manager.” She had a smile on her face. Cordelia was enjoying the fight. She didn’t like a boring life. To make her life more fun and interesting, she joined the army. She always dreamed of an unpredictable life. A life where anything could happen at any time.

“You are not bad, soldier. But I am going to win this fight. My and many others’s dreams must come true.”

Okay. I must plan my next move. I need to finish this fast, and support the others.

Suddenly the sensors picked up a massive energy reading. There was someone coming!

Is it a friend? A foe? It is approaching fast. Who is it?

From behind the trees, appeared Trim in a flash. The rebel did not have enough time to react. A chop at the neck with full force, and the rebel fainted instantly.

Such power and accuracy! He defeated the enemy with whom I was having difficulty with just a single strike. I also need to get this strong. Strong enough to take down people like this in an instant.

“Are you fine Cordelia? You don’t look too good.”

Cordelia was very messy, covered in mud. Hee energy levels were low too.

“Yes sir, I am fine. It was just that the enemy was tougher than expected. I would have taken care of him with some more time.”

“It is not good to push yourself too hard.”

“Yes sir! By the way sir, why are you here? Weren’t you destroying the older generation suits?”

“Oh yes. Me and Noah completed that task. There were only three of you remaining who were still fighting. Noah went to check on the other two who were fighting together and I came here.”

“Okay. Thanks sir.”

“It’s fine. I just hope everything is fine there.”

 

Brian and Jaelyn were fighting a soldier from the army and also a rebel. It was two versus two. Brian was very confident but Jaelyn was scared. Jaelyn had joined the army as she was forced by her parents. Her parents wanted her to be a soldier and do something for the country.

“Jaelyn. Let’s do this.”

“Ye… Yeah.”

Both of them rushed at the enemies. Jaelyn was going for the rebel and Brian was going for the soldier.

Offensive Mode, Mobility Mode and Override.

Brian’s override made the soldier unable to move.

“Take this.” A punch from Brian at the soldiers’ face and he went flying and dashed a tree. The tree broke from the impact.

Ughh…

Brian did not stop and launched a barrage of attacks. He was overpowering his opponent with ease. He did not stop with his attacks.

You piece of Shit! How dare you lowly bastard do this to me

Brian paid no heed to his opponent’s blabbering. He gave another punch to his face, and the soldier fainted. Brian removed the soldier from his suit and was bringing him back, when he saw that the rebel had won, and was holding a fainted Jaelyn hostage.

“Don’t you dare take a step forward. If you do, she gets sacrificed.”

“Sacrificed?”

Brian had a glimpse of his past of his mother sacrificing herself for him. His energy level shot sky high. His own energy level made it hard for him to move.

“Sacrifice? She won’t be sacrificed. She lost and she will be killed. If she couldn’t handle it, she should have run away. She will be killed in battle like a noble soldier but not sacrificed.” Brian said. It should be fine right? Brian thought. She lost. If I stop for her, I will not only fail the mission but also let them take a hostage. It was her fault for being taken hostage right. It should be fine if I attacked the rebel and he killed her, RIGHT?!

Brian was not exactly sure of what to do. He thought that it was right to complete the mission over a fellow soldier. He took a step forward with great difficulty. His extra energy was not allowing him to move freely. He took another step forward. The rebel became worried.

“I am not joking. I will kill her. Stop right there!”

Brian did not stop. He kept getting closer and closer to the rebel. The rebel raised his hand to strike at Jaelyn, when his hand suddenly stopped. It had been held by someone.

Hey now. My leader really hates it if any of the soldiers come back dead after a mission.

It was Noah. He had arrived at the right time and stopped the rebel from attacking Jaelyn.

Noah struck the rebel at the neck. The soldier shook from the impact and dropped Jaelyn down.

Not powerful enough! I thought any more than this and you would die. My bad.

Noah gave the rebel another chop at his neck, this time with more force. The rebel fell down unconscious. Noah turned towards Brian.

Calm down now. Stop generating so much energy.

I am not able to stop! It just keeps generating on its own.

Stop thinking about everything and calm down. It will stop.

I am. But it’s increasing.

Noah sighed. He walked upto Brian and said, “This might hurt a little.” He gave Brian a chop at his neck, and Brian fainted.

What do I do know? I have to carry 4 people and get back to where everyone is? He sighed again. What a troublesome situation!

2