Chapter 44 The Tournament Starts (part 2)
518 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just want to say that I made a Patreon, where I posted some more chapters if you are interested! 

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

+

+

+

The knights roared as they jumped into the fray, holding their weapons high in the air.

As if they were arrows, the monster rushed at the claws and fangs ready to tear flesh apart.

"Great Shield of Protection!"

The tank of the party slammed his shield on the ground, creating a yellow barrier around them.

The monsters crashed into the barrier, some breaking their skulls on impact, but neither of them stopped moving.

"Angela, prepare to use your power when I throw you!"

"Ready!"

Amongst the knight's small girl, ran to the prince, who picked her up with one of his empty hands and threw her up in the air, passing through the barrier without any problem.

While she was in the air, some of the deformed monsters jumped at her, as if she was a piece of meat.

"Poison Breath."

The purple girl took a deep breath and crashed out a purple cloud enveloping the entire field.

The monster screamed as their flesh started to become blistered and black blood started to pour out from their eyes and mouths.

"Close your eyes!"

The second the girl landed on the ground, the prince lifted his greatsword in the air and screamed.

"Holy Magic: Holy Bind!"

From the tip of his sword, a halo-like light spread out the entire field.

When a wield was touched by the light, a chain light wrapped around their bodies, but they just kept on trying to get them.

"Everyone, advance!"

When the shield fell, the party ran now stranding a few meters away from the giant monster.

The insect didn't move when he saw them arrive. Instead, he started to read from its book, making more black smoke come out of its mouth.

"We cannot let that thing complete its magic! You guys, keep that thing occupied while I deal with that monster."

"I have a better idea!"

One of the knights ran past the prince, tearing off its armor, revealing the white fur covering its entire body.

It was once the queen's child, the wolf-demi human.

He ran directly at Phil, its claws glowing in red light.

"Ultimate Wolf Destruction Magic Technique: Ataque Asesino Del Lobo Solitario!"

With an ear-piercing war cry, he swung upward, cutting the giant monster into three vertical parts, spraying a veritable cascade of black blood.

Surprisingly, Phil didn't get dirty by the blood, but he stopped releasing the smoke, keeping the cloud of spores over everyone's head.

The wolfman looked up to the sky and laughed like a mania, letting the black blood fall all over him.

"HAHAHAHAHA! THIS TIME I WILL MAKE SURE TO KILL YOU! I WILL CUT YOU INTO PIECES AN- "

"Please be quiet."

Phil spoke quietly but his tone was such that made the wide wolf shut up.

"If you wish for death then allow me to help you with that."

The monster started to regurgitate even more black smoke from which he pulled out something else.

It looked like a mace, but it was repulsive.

The handle was nothing more than a large leg bone, its front a mass of flesh holding onto several different colored gems.

"This is my prototype weapon, Scepter of Plague, made from the cores of different magic affiliated races. And this is what will make you see the light. If I were you, I wouldn't look. It may kill you."

The insect lifted the abomination over its head and started to read aloud from his cursed book.

"Hear and look upon me! I kill, I let live, I harm, and I heal! Be slain! Be forgiven! Those defeated, those grown old, I welcome them! Fear me! Learn from me! –"

As he chanted a golden aura slowly formed around his body and the scepter, looking quite alien for its appearance.

The prince knew that he had to stop Phil from chanting, but he couldn't move, the prayers mesmerized him to listen to it.

-"Pray to me! Don't forget song, don't forget laughter, don't forget passion! Don't forget scream, don't forget sorrow, don't forget lust! Accept me as your savior and follow me to your salvation! Guiding Light of Heaven!"

From the deformed weapon a blinding light shot out as if a second sun had just appeared.

The blinding light shined for a solid minute before it slowly extinguished.

The prince and some of its brothers were smart enough to turn away or cover their eyes,  escaping with only a slight skin burn.

The others weren't.

The wolf- demi-human, the purple girl, and other knights were too slow to react, looking directly into the light, paying the price.

Their eyes were gone. They were burned out as smoke rose from the empty, black sockets, saliva dripping out from the mouth.

One after the other, they were engulfed in blue light, taken away to the colosseum, to be treated.

Phil put the scepter on the ground and scratched its oval-shaped head.

"I believe I told him not to look. Was I not clear? Should I speak louder next time?"

The prince, slowly getting over his shock, stared at him in complete disbelief.

"Y-You killed him. B-But the slave crest…You can't…You can't…"

"You want to say that I can not harm you and your brothers? It's true, the crest is still active. I am unable to kill, stab, smash or even bruise you. But when I did my light show I warned him not to look. It's not my fount that he looked at. As it's not my fault that you get wounded by my wilds who were ordered to protect me. And speaking of them, it's time to wake up, big guy."

Phil put his hands on the carcass of the monster.

Slowly, several tentacles grew out from its green flesh and grabbed onto the other parts of its body, pulling them together.

Soon, the giant monster was back on its feet, having the slightest wound on its body.

Once that was done, Phil stretched his arms, picking up some of the deformed from the floor.

"Shall we continue?

******

"MY CHILDREN!"

The king jumped out from the specially prepared for him and the elf princes and floated to the arena where the knights were standing motionlessly.

The spectators were speechless, not knowing what to say or do.

Their screens showed every horrible thing that just happened, every gruesome detail. Some of the viewers even barfed, their stomachs unable to handle the scene.

"Mama, I think we made a huge mistake."

The goddess of potatoes sits out some of her drink, losing any appetite she had.

"You may be right… Let's leave before any other god notices us."

The two stood up and were about to leave, but more screams could be heard.

"DON'T FUCKING MOVE!"

Several knights, clad in black armor moved between the seats, pointing disgusting weapons at the people.

"What is happening?"

The princess of the elves was about to stand up, but a bigger black knight held his sword at her throat.

"Please, don't move and I will not kill you. I have nothing against you."

The bulky knight looked down on the sandy battleground where the king was still busy with his kids and didn't notice what was happening.

"King! You are sounded! Give up and no one will die!"

The king looked up to the black knight, tears flowing off his cheeks.

When the knight made eye contact with the king, its body was shocked with fear, due to the sudden murderous aura it now enveloped its body.

"B-Big Brother! Wake the hell up!"

****

Deep underground, the giant green heart started to beat faster, as the mold in every tunnel gathered at various points and burst out from the ground in the form of towering arms.

Be it streets, houses, or even people in the way, the arms pushed them aside, grasping at the sky.

from the cracks they caused, thick clouds of spores escaped, spreading the mold further which in turn was absorbed by the arms.

In the colosseum, five such arms came out from the sandy ground, scaring the spectators.

The arms first gasped at the air like the others, but slowly turned their palms at the king, showing the three black holes they had on them.

"King… Bad…"

From the holes a booming sound of a woman could be hard, shaking everyone who heard it.

"Bad king… Must… Kill… For…Father!"

*****

"You...You… You…"

From one of the trees at the edge of the forest, a woman came out.

It was a dryad, one of the daughters of the king.

Her usually calm and composed face was now distorted by anger and lost as the white flowers around her feet somehow started to die.

"I WILL KILL YOU!"

She screamed as she lifted her hands up in the air, a green aura running between her fingers.

"Sacred Weapon restraint Release!"

"Nora, don't do it!"

The prince wanted to warm his sister but it was too late.

In her hand, created from the green energy itself was now a shorthanded sickle, similar to the one a botanist would use to cut plants. It was made from a greenish metal that evoked the sight of leaves growing on trees and the sound of the grass when a warm breeze ran through it.

This weapon was a sacred weapon, a gift from their king, each made especially for one of them. A sacred weapon in itself had the strength to destroy a castle with ease, and in the right hands, it could even enhance the wilderness's strengths to the level of a nation.

"Make the world into a garden, heal all the wounds! Hoz Del Jardín!"

She swung her weapon a few times, destroying the flowers within a three-meter radius around here.

Phill looked at her without a word then he slowly lifted his disgusting weapon at her.

"For a dryad, you aren't too nature friendly. My friend, please bury her six feet under. Maybe something prettier will grow out from her body."

the giant monster turned to the dryad, and from its opened chest, several tentacles shot out at her.

"NO!"

The prince grabbed his sword with both of his hands and was about to run, but he couldn't.

While he was standing there idly, several green tentacles grabbed onto his legs, wrapping them tightly and pinning his firm to the ground.

"Tch! Tch! Tch! You guys won't interfere with this. I have other experiments to run on you."

Next to the insect, a green wine grew out from the ground, grabbed its brown cape, and gave It to him.

Phil dropped his many weapons except the scepter and started to look for something.

"Aha! There you are!"

In its bare hands, he held a strange-looking vegetable.

It was red and carrot-shaped, but the thing was exuding heat as if it was a piece of charcoal.

In the distance the sound of somebody screaming 'MY POTATO!' could be heard, but in the current situation, nobody cared.

"This is my newest mold creation. To tell the truth I have no idea what this does to living beings. Any volunteers? I can promise that it will hurt."

16