Chapter II – Bane of the Thunderwalker
31 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A mere thirty minutes have passed of complete silence, Samuel having been lost in his own thoughts throughout the small trek he has taken so far. Since the day was still young, the weather was nice and cool, welcoming to a man wearing a metal suit that traps heat and sometimes nearly cooks Samuel alive due to the heat. Since he has been walking for this long with no encounters, Samuel took off his helmet to allow the minuscule amount of sweat to slowly drip down his forehead. He held his helmet with his hand, taking in the sights of where he was. A singular pathway that seemed to stretch infinitely covered with the shade of passing trees to cool the already perfect temperature. It was nice to not deal with a hot day as usual. He continued walking, letting the sights take him away into a calming world, and for once make this battle-worn man feel at peace

 

Until an arrow nearly clipped off his nose, making Samuel stumble back and quickly don his helmet and draw his blade, looking to where the arrow went to see it implanted against a tree before hearing the chattering of something. Accompanying footsteps would follow as Samuel saw what was responsible for the arrow- the masked creatures that people have only come to know as "Ferals". Armed with spears, clubs, bows, and wooden shields, they are remnants of a native tribe if all morals were stripped, leaving behind ludicrous murder machines with the only goal to rape and kill both men and women, as the male Ferals go for women and the females go after men. They wear loincloths or sometimes nothing at all, and the women don't cover their tops. 

 

Samuel raised his sword as he heard the chanting that indicates that the Ferals have found their next victim, as they raise their weapons and dance. The blood smeared along the masks accompanied with the occasional human eye and sets of teeth adorning the masks would sicken anyone, but this was the basic stuff to Samuel. He had killed these kinds of creatures several times, and he would do it once more before one of the Ferals charged at him while screaming, an obvious indicator and an opportunity as Samuel pulled back his head and as the Feral leaped at him, Samuel bashed his elbow into the thing, making it stumble back as the mask it wore partially split open to reveal a bloodshot eye and inhuman face. As he knocked this creature down, the others came to fight as well, which gave him time to devise a strategy. All of the screaming and running seemed to slow down for a few moments as Samuel studied what each Feral is wielding and which direction it came from. Without further thought, he began to act, immediately bringing his foot to the downed Feral to squash its head against his foot, an eyeball popping out of its socket and brain matter scattering all over the ground as the head of the feral became mush. He would then take a step forward and behead the next Feral in his way, watching the body go limp and flail onto the ground, a few bones splitting as it did while he grabbed a third one by the club it swung, yanking it from the Feral before plunging his blade into the creature which made it scream in agony before slicing them up the middle so all of the guts spilled out, landing in a mess in front of it as it would fall on top of the spilled entrails, squishing some and causing some to burst. He used the club he collected to throw it at another Feral which stumbled back due to the sheer force, allowing Samuel to grab it and hold it as a human shield and allow an arrow to lodge itself into the Feral's skull, and at that moment the Ferals knew they were no match and started to retreat.

 

Listening to the screams and chanting as the surviving Ferals took off made gave Samuel a sign that the fight was over, allowing him to clean his blade by waving it in the air a little and sheathing it. Unfortunately, the paper didn't call for Ferals but it gave Samuel something to do. Stepping over the carnage he made, he would walk the rest of his journey in silence as nothing bothered him for the rest of the time. Within another hour, he made it to where he should be, what looked to be an abandoned citadel. Moss and decay covered the walls. Why would a creature be hiding in a citadel? Most prefer to hide in caves or in dense forests, but this citadel was out for everyone to see. With a quick breath to remember what he was here for, he would step inside the citadel.

 

The place was abandoned if the outside wasn't obvious, as all the indoor decorations were covered in rust or destroyed. Samuel passed by a statue of a Valkyrie, Heavenly warriors that protected humans from the monsters of Hell and beyond, sworn to an oath to be faithful to both the gods above them and the mortal humans below. One of Samuel's main inspirations behind his morals. He continued walking around the citadel in hopes he will find what he was needing to find and vanquish, a supposed "Lupus". What is Lupus anyway? The name seems slightly silly, but names can always be deceiving. The place seemed barren and empty, was there anything here, or was this just a waste of time? His question would remain unanswered for quite a while, as he wandered around the citadel to find at least something, but going deeper into the citadel would reveal bodies laying around. He would investigate the bodies to see if the injuries inflicted on them can reveal what kind of creature this Lupus was. All of them were charred to a crisp or somehow blown up, entrails hanging over lamps and legs dangling from chandeliers. None of it made sense, he couldn't think of anything that could do such brutal damage to people. The floor got damper as well as he progressed deeper, making Samuel all the more confused until he reached a wide-open room where the center of the Citadel was. 

 

A pedestal lied in the center of this spacious room, bodies both charred and exploded everywhere followed by at least a quarter-inch of murky and foul-smelling water. The bodies weren't what caught his attention though, it's what was on the pedestal that caught his attention. Something crouched down with its back turned to him. It looked like a werewolf but it was obvious by the dark blue fur and strange gaps near the ribcages that this wasn't the case. Samuel took a few steps forward before seeing a spark come out of the crouched figure, causing him to stop in his tracks and look up at the creature. Whatever it was would make a soft chuckle before throwing it's head back into a horrifying cackle, as more sparks emitted from the body of the creature. It slowly stood up, it certainly had the posture of a werewolf but the electricity was what divided it from your standard Werewolf. Not to mention the amounts of silver surrounding the citadel that the creature was seemingly unfazed by. 

"Fool..." it muttered in a voice that sounded more like a growl, turning to face Samuel. "Time after time I watch your kind step into my lair in hopes of slaying I, Lupus," it said as it held a hand up to its chest, almost as if making it clear as to who it was referring to. "I figured that the sight of your fallen brethren would encourage you to leave, but alas I stand corrected..." it said before crossing its arms, gaps on the sides of the arms glowing a bright blue. Samuel would look up at the figure. "My name is not important. What is important is that you shall be slain before sundown" he said before raising his sword to the creature, which simply cackled some more in response. "You are an interesting one... but I assume that you are unaware of my species..." it said before once again raising its hand to its chest. "I am a Raiju. I harness electricity to do my willing... most mistake me for a simple Werewolf... but looks can be deceiving..." it added before sparks came out of its hands and its eyes glowed a bright blue as it brought its hands down to a metal bar that upon closer inspection would lead to the ground. "And now you shall be slaughtered like the others who dare enter!" it yelled before it all clicked into place. The water, the metal, the bodies on the floor. It would appear as if this creature would lure people inside the thin pool of water before sending electrical currents into the water and combining it with one's armor can deep fry or even blow up someone.

 

Samuel took a quick moment to look around to see if he had somewhere to jump, noticing a brick pillar that was half destroyed and kicking it down with his foot made the bricks topple over, giving him something to stand on as Lupus looked in wonder. "A human that uses his head for more than something to pop? Very interesting!" it said before it seemed to just disappear, streaks of electricity running through a metal pole near him as Lupus reappeared standing near Samuel. "You will be quite the challenge human, but I shall emerge victorious either way!" it shouted as its claws would glow a bright blue and it would swipe at Samuel. This was surely going to be an interesting fight.

1