Vol 1: Afterword & Character Poll
1.6k 11 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 
The Poll here has been removed (I've saved the results). New Poll HERE

Afterword

Welcome to the end of Volume 1! After coming back to edit/write this I can’t believe how much my writing and the story has improved. That being said, the number of characters, character growth, relationship growth, and time skips (which technically have all of those things happen off-paper) made this a problematic write in the first place. Later on, the time skips get... Well… skipped.

Actually, this entire Arc and world was not the original story I wanted to write. In fact, the original story I wanted to write doesn’t begin until Volume 8, where a generally good, quick learning, and overall op protagonist with superpowers was sent to another world. However, I felt that I wanted to show his origins, where his powers came from, any additional abilities that came to me, and how he came to be. I’m happy I did so, and I’m glad I waited until I had written much more to the story before going public so that the prologue could exist as it does. 

Initially, I began to write this world on the fly. The only thing I knew was that this world would be Arthurian in inspiration, and I wanted the main love interest’s name to be Freyja, after the Norse Goddess. As I was writing, I found an incredible link between Arthurian Legend and Norse mythology in my research. The swords Gram and Excalibur were theorized to be the same weapon due to their similar nature, and that was what I built the entire world about. Before I knew it, the story and the world had written themselves. Because of this experience, I was more empowered to continue and allow the story to write itself while putting my initial ideas on hold, which made for a much more exciting story.

Volumes Purpose: 

  1. Character introductions
  2. Introduce Martel to the base powers(Ki and Magic)
  3. Start/Prepare for character growth.
If you like the story so far, let me know with reviews and ratings! It helps my story get noticed and encourages me to keep writing! Thanks!

Major Edit Definitions:
Embellishment - Worked on to improve grammar. Sentences may have changed and there may be small amounts of additional information that provides more clarity to the reader, but they aren't plot-important.
Rewrite - Significant changes have been made. Most changes are for clarification on characters and events or their expansion and do not change the overall plot.

Major Edits:
9/2/19
Pro - Embellishment
Ch 1 - Embellishment and description improvement.
Ch 2-6 - Embellishment 
Ch 7 - Went more into Martel’s morals/thought process
Ch 8 - Went into detail about Freed's mentality, what was done about his appearance, politics, and the importance of public opinion.
CH 9-14 - Embellishment (and a little into Martel’s mentality)
Ep - Add a bit more transparent complexity the ‘plot’

I ended up going over my 50K word limit but oh well. That’s a self-imposed rule anyway.

 
17