Vol 2: Ch 6 – Delegations
1.1k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Last Edit: 9/2/19

The next day, Martelmet with Duran, Caelia, Callie, Shiro, and Morgan.

“Okay, so today I’m going to go over our new training regimen,” He said with a smile.

“Why do I have to train?” Morgan asked pridefully.

“Because I’ve decided that you guys are going to be my traveling companions from now on.”

“What!” Morgan exclaimed. “I’m a princess! Don’t think just because I went with you the last couple times means I’ll keep going!”

“Oh? But your mother was always so happy when I asked for your assistance. She also said that whenever I require your assistance, I could do as I pleased.”  

“What?” Morgan exclaimed with a hint of horror.

Martel walked over to her and lifted her chin. “You have no choice but to do whatever I say.”

“Like hell!” She yelled as she punched him in the face.

Martel rubbed his red nose. “At any rate, Caelia and Shiro are going to start training together. Shiro, teach her the Ki Blade technique while you continue to practice it.”

“Okay,” Shiro replied with a cute smile and salute.

Martel turned to Morgan, who had shrunk back into her seat. “Now then, I’m going to show you something interesting,” He said as he took the ring off of his finger and set it down. “So what if I do this?”

The five of them made a puzzled expression while Martel put on a new ring. “Can you understand me now?” He asked.

Shiro spoke up. “Yes, what was that? I couldn’t understand anything you said.”

“That’s because the ring I was wearing acts as a kind of like a translator. It interprets what the speaker means in a way the listener can understand.”

“But you’re not wearing it now?” Morgan noted.

“That’s correct. This ring is one I made myself.”

Shiro and Caelia had a confused expression on their face while Morgan’s face was one of shock.

“How?” Morgan asked with disbelief.

“I call it Spirit Enchanting. The original ring used a spirit of desire to effectively auto-cast the creation of understanding. Using a similar method, and with Cali’s help, I managed to re-create it. It’s an auto-cast function that utilizes the wearer’s emotional energy like magic.”

“That… That’s incredible.”

“It has some downsides, however. It utilizes one’s own emotions and is limited to the enchantment.”

“Still, isn’t it the ancient use of magic? The fact you have a working copy is proof. It seems as though it would be quite useful.”

“Which is why you’re going to learn it.”

“Yes of cour- What!?!?” Morgan exclaimed.

Martel put his hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry; you can do it. I’ll have Cali help you.”

“B- but.”

“No buts, you’re going to become a mage that rivals even your great-grandmother. You have the talent,” Martel with a smile as Morgan looked down in embarrassment at his praise.

Martel turned to Caelia. “Have you had your Ki points opened yet?”

She nodded her head. “Yes, most of us had our Ki points opened when we began training.”

“Shiro, who already opened Duran’s Ki points, was also the same. Cali doesn’t have Ki, which leaves Morgan.” Martel said as he tried to suppress an evil smile.

“What… What are you going to do?” Morgan said in a small panic when she noticed something was wrong.

“Open your Ki points, of course,” Martel said as he approached her. She was very apprehensive at his approach but did not resist. He walked behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders. “Just relax,” He whispered in her ear.

“I got it, just hurry up and get it over with,” She said as she slightly blushed in obstinance.

With precision and speed, he struck the numerous points in her body.

“What… What did you do?” She barely managed to get out as she began to pant. Her body flinched continuously, her face started to become extremely red, her legs began to shake, and she finally collapsed under her weight as she made some cute and, arguably, erotic noises.

“What’s happening to me.”

“Oh? What a strange side effect.”

She looked at him with a mixture of anger and panic. “You… You knew this would happen didn’t you!?!?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He managed to say with a straight face.

“I think I’ve heard about this,” Caelia interjected. “It doesn’t come up often because it is only done at a young age. All men and preadolescent girls will feel a strong heat throughout their body. However, all the girls that have reached adolescence have a… Slightly different effect.” She says as she begins to look a little uncomfortable.

“What… What kind of effect?” Morgan asked with a pant.

Caelia looked down and withdrew into herself out of embarrassment. “It’s symptoms are something like… Like… Like a temporary aphrodisiac.”

“W-w-w-what!?!” Morgan exclaimed.

Martel decided to give some additional input. “An aphrodisiac is-”

“I know what it is!”  

“My my, what is all the commotion about?” Freyja asked as she joined them.

“What does it look like?” Martel asked in an innocent tone as he tried to feign ignorance.

Freyja looked at the red-faced Morgan, and her expression changed. When she looked back to Martel, her expression had turned into a small glare.

“You opened up her Ki points, didn’t you?” She asked with an accusatory tone.

“Guilty,” Martel replied with an equally guilty smile.

“How did you know?” Shiro asked.

“Because he used to practice opening and closing them on me. Unfortunately, upon finding the effects, he was very unrelenting. It doesn’t help that if you intentionally close the points and then forcefully reopened them, the effect occurs again.” Freyja answered with a slight pout.

“You must have gone through quite the ordeal,” Caelia said with slightly wide eyes.

“You’re telling me,” Freyja replied as she folded her arms and looked to the side in embarrassment. “He would often take advantage of the situation too.”

Martel’s smile turned evil. “Come on, you’re exaggerating, and you know you liked it.”

“Well, you certainly looked like you enjoyed yourself.” She quipped back.

“I don’t want to hear it!” Morgan said, half-coherent, while she covered her ears. “I don’t want to hear about you guys doing stuff like touching and kissing.”

Martel’s facial expression immediately changed. “What?” He asked as Morgan covered her mouth when she realized what she said. Martel firmly grabbed her shoulder and forced a smile. “Tell me. What makes you think Freyja and I are kissing?”

Panic comes across to her red face. “I never said you guys are doing something like k-k-kissing.”  

“I see,” Martel said with a sad expression which quickly turned to an evil smile as he approached her ear to whisper. “Then I guess I’m going to keep doing this to you until you tell me the truth.

“Hiiii!!! Fine! I saw you and Freyja kissing... before… before we left for Roxburghshire!” She finally admitted.

Martel looked over to Freyja.

“Up to you,” Freyja said as if she read his mind.

Martel walked over to her and gave her a side hug. However, she refused to make eye contact with anyone due to embarrassment. “Please keep this a secret, but Freyja and I got engaged about a month ago.”  

Cali tilted her head cutely in confusion as she didn’t comprehend what was just said. Duran nodded his head, and Shiro smiled, which expressed ‘I knew it/it’s about time.’ Caelia’s face was completely expressionless.

“Congratulations.” Duran finally said. “When’s the wedding?”

“A little under a year, or after I kill the Red Dragon. Whichever comes first.”

“So the prophesied Hero gets to become King, huh?”

Martel walked over to him, put his hand on Duran’s shoulder, and gave a smile. “Nope, it’s a secret, but Freyja is going to resign the throne to you. Congratulations, your future Majesty.”

Duran’s eyes went wide as his mouth opened, but no words would come out.

“Big Sis?” Shiro said after a couple of seconds, “Big Sis, what’s wrong?”

Everyone looked at Caelia as tears streamed down her expressionless face.

“Huh?” She mumbled as she came out of her trance and touched her face. “I’m crying?” She asked herself softly.

“Big Sis,” Shiro said as she reached out to Caelia, but Caelia got up and ran back into the woods.

“Shiro, wait for a second,” Martel called out as she began to chase Caelia.  

Shiro obediently stopped and looked at him. “What’s wrong with Big Sis?”

Martel sighed. “Caelia has been going through a lot. Her world has been shaken, and she needed somewhere stable; a rock. I knew she depended on me emotionally, but not to this extent…”

“Then can you help her?” Shiro asked innocently.

Martel shook his head. “While I am the best person for this, I am also the worst. The fact of the matter is, I took her father from her. I caused this. She sees me as her rock, and the rock has begun to crumble.”

“Then what should we do?”

“Freyja, what she needs now is a friend. I know it is selfish of me to ask you, but I can think of no one better. Please.” He said as he bowed to emphasize his sincerity.

“I understand,” She replied with a small smile.

He looked her affectionately in the eyes. “Thank you.”

Freyja sighed as she walked past him. “What am I going to do with you,” She whispered under her breath with a hint of sarcasm.

Martel grabbed her and pulled her close. “Never stop loving me,” He whispered.

“Of course,” She said as they drew close in for a quick kiss.

Duran sat with his eyes closed, Morgan looked away with an ever-intensifying red face, while Shiro and Cali watched with interest. When she remembered where she was, Freyja looked down and began to blush.

“Can you go to her now?” Martel asked gently.

She nodded her head. “Martel, promise me that if you find other girls that you won’t stop loving me or leave me.”

“What?” Martel exclaimed in honest shock and confusion.

“D-don’t worry about it,” She said as she left in a fluster.

...

Caelia came back a short time later with Freyja. She avoided Martel a little and refused to make eye contact with him out of embarrassment. Martel didn’t know what Freyja said, but it seemed that she and Caelia became fast friends.

End of Day -170

 

A few days later, Martel found himself in a very uncomfortable situation. Specifically, both the location and the clothes he wore. He was in the dance hall to participate in the bimonthly ball that was postponed a couple of days for his arrival. Currently, it was just before the dances when most spent the time to converse. As such, Martel found himself barraged by nobles with questions about what happened in Roxburghshire.

To make matters worse, Freyja, who he had always relied on to help ease the crowd, was not with him. She was currently with the other ladies to help them prepare for their social debut at the ball. As he attempted to quell the barrage of questions, the room began to go silent. He followed their stares and could not help but join in awe of the splendor he saw.  

At the top of the stairs are five beautiful young ladies. Shiro wore a slightly more elegant outfit than usual. It appeared as an advanced version of her typical dress. As always, she used her unique hat to hide her ears. Her expression had a hint of pride as a young lady who wanted to show off. Cali had decided to create a dress the same as Shiro’s, but pure black. The two of them looked like a pair of dolls.

Morgan walked in an elegant blue dress that draped to the floor. Her hair was tied in the usual way, but it appeared as though she took more care in doing so. Her beauty could not be underestimated. However, she was eclipsed by the two beauties that followed.  

Gasps came from men and women alike when Caelia and Freyja appeared. Freyja’s dress was of emerald green. She also wore emerald gloves that extended to her upper arms. Though she could be considered the epitome of beauty, it seemed as though she had finally met her match.

Caelia walked slightly behind her with the same dress, but one of Crimson, like her hair. She had two outstanding features that separated her from Freyja. Firstly was the cuteness of her face as it matched both her hair and dress color due to her embarrassment. Secondly was the fact that her dress was for someone smaller in the chest area, so it emphasized her already large proportions.

The guests did nothing but stare in silence as they made way for the five young ladies who made their way to Martel, who found the whole experience surreal.

“Martel,” Freyja said with a smile as she curtsied.

“Freyja,” He replied as he took her hand and kissed it before he turned to Caelia, who flinched at his gaze. “Caelia,” He continued as he took and kissed her hand.

Her face turned an even darker Crimson as she looked down.

Martel looked over at Shiro, who had a look of bliss on her face as she approached him. She made an exaggerated curtsy, then looked at him expectantly.

“Shiro,” He said with a smile as she gave her hand which he kissed.

Shiro giggled cutely and gave him a beaming smile.

He looked over at Cali, who is tilted her head as she observed. When she approached, she looked at the other girls, then back at Martel and made a curtsy.

“Cali,” He said as he kissed her hand. She held her hand in front of her and stared at it.

Martel chuckled as he patted her head, which made Shiro twitch in jealousy.

“That feels good,” Cali happily said as she pushed into his palm.

Martel looked over at Morgan, who responded with a flinch before she looked away.

He turned to Freyja. “So-”

“Are you ignoring me?” Morgan interrupted with a small look of anger.

Martel looked up to fake ponder. “Yes?” He said as if it was a question.

“What?” Morgan responded with a look of shock.

Various people around them start to laugh, which caused Morgan to look down in embarrassment as her cheeks reddened.

Feeling sorry for her, he extended his hand. She hesitated for a moment before she gave him hers to let him kiss it.

“Morgan,” He said with a smile after.

“M-Martel.” She managed to get out through her embarrassment.

He turned to Freyja. “I assume the reason for the delay is that you were helping them choose what to wear.”

“Yes, what do you think?” She asked with a smile.

“I think I would’ve been willing to wait another half hour,” He said as he appreciated the splendor before him. “All of you look lovely tonight. Just in time as the dances are about to start. I shall have to dance with each one of you.” He declared with a smile. 

Freyja looked at him disapprovingly. “What you mean to say is that you would rather dance with us than the numerous young noble ladies vying for your attention and then use that as an excuse to keep from dancing with them after.”

He managed to maintain a smile without for a couple of seconds. Then he raised his right hand. “Guilty.”

As the music began, he walked over to Caelia. “Let’s go,” He said with a smile.

Shock covered her face. “Um, I... I don’t know to dance.” She said with embarrassment.

“Don’t worry about that. The first dances are always the easiest since the young and learning are still awake at this time. It’s straightforward and slow. Here, I’ll show you.” He said as he dragged her into the edge of the dance floor.

While she was a little awkward at first, she quickly got the movement.

“See, you’re a natural,” He told her with a smile as they continued to dance.

She looked down in embarrassment from both his compliment and their proximity.

“Everyone’s looking at me,” She said while she continued to look down.

“That’s not true. Almost everyone is looking at you.”

“That doesn’t make it any better!” She says with a hushed higher-pitched voice.

“Well, I imagine some of them are looking at me. Besides, it’s because you’re such a beautiful lady.”

Her head snapped up at him with a cute and embarrassed expression. “Do… Do you really think so?”

“Of course. I’m sure many young men will approach you once we finish dancing.”

Her eyes went wide. “What… What am I going to do?” She asked in a small panic.

“It will be okay. If they ask who you are, say you are Shiro’s sworn sister. If they ask you who Shiro is, say she is a hero’s apprentice. Just try to make small talk.”

“What… What if they want to dance with me?”

“Politely refuse, unless you want to accept. Just let myself or Freyja know if anyone is bothering you.”

She nodded her head as they continued to sway to the music.

After that dance, he relieved Caelia and brought Shiro out onto the dance floor. Because of her height and lack of dance knowledge, she merely stood on his feet while they held hands. Even though what they were doing could hardly be called dancing, Shiro’s beaming more than made up for it.

Dancing with Cali was a unique experience. He danced with her just like with Shiro. She looked down at their feet and back to his face as she tilted her head cutely with an innocent expression as she couldn’t comprehend the act.

When he returned her to where the other ladies waited, three young children came up to them. “Hey, do you two want to play hide and seek?” One of them asked Shiro and Cali, who both looked at Martel; Shiro with puppy dog eyes and Cali with interest.

“So long as Caelia keeps an eye on you, you make sure not to ruin your dress, and stay around this building; it’s fine by me.”

The two of them look over Caelia, who nods her head.

“Thank you,” Caelia whispers as she walks past me. She couldn’t handle the barrage of young men seeking her favor.

“Make sure you go easy on them,” Martel said before he whispered to them. “They might not want to play with you if you find them too fast. Also, don’t do anything suspicious.”

“I got it,” Shiro said. 

Cali also nodded before they bounded off after everyone else.

Martel went over to Morgan, made a slight bow, and extend his hand. “May I have this dance, milady?” He asked with a smile.

“It... It can’t be helped.” She said pridefully with a hint of embarrassment as she gave him her hand. They make our way to the dance floor and begin to dance.

“Look at that. The Princess knows how to dance,” Martel teased.

A hint of pride appeared on her face. “Of course. I’m a proper young lady, after all.”

He purposely let shock cover my face. “You could’ve fooled me.”

“Wha? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“That you don’t act very ladylike around me?”

“Humph, you don’t deserve it.”

“That kind of attitude will only lead to you embarrassing yourself, like earlier this evening.”  

“What?! That!… That was your fault.” She said as she lowered her volume.

“Well, maybe if you didn’t treat me with that fake disdain of yours, it would not have happened. You could try to be more honest and drop your façade.”

“Hmph. Like I could ever do that. I have to be the perfect Princess.”

“Why?”

“If I do, I won’t be accepted or treated with any respect, and no one will think well of me.”

“I would. Rather, I do.”

A look of surprise came over her face as her cheeks began to turn red. “W-w-what are you talking about? You are always messing with me, and you probably think I’m a spoiled Princess.”

“Really? I was under the impression that I was accepting you and showing you more respect by treating you as my friend rather than the Princess of Camelot. As to how I think of you, you are a very kindhearted person who has difficulty expressing how she feels.”

She looked at him in wide-eyed shock until she made a mistake in the dance.

“Easy for you to say,” She said as she recovered. “You’re the big hero. I’m sure everyone likes you.”

Martel made a complicated expression. “Not only is that not true, but it is also simply impossible. You can’t please everyone, nor should you ever try. Ultimately, the best you can do is live in a way that both you and a select few people you care about can be happy with.” He replied before he drew close to her as the dance called for. “Also, I’m no hero,” He whispered.

With a little embarrassment, she let him lead her off the dance floor. After, he noticed another Golden-haired beauty who was with Freyja. Her looks were mature and quite beautiful, which fit for the mother of both Freyja and Morgan.

“I wonder if you would indulge this old lady in a dance,” She asked as Martel approached.

Martel couldn’t hide his surprise at her request. “Old Lady? Where?” He asked as he looked around.

“Flatterer,” She said as she extended her hand and let him lead her to the dance floor.

Many eyes were on them because her Majesty was not known to dance often at these events.

“Is there any particular reason you wish to dance with me, your Majesty?” He asked after they began.

“It so wrong to spend time with my future son-in-law?”

“I suppose not. I believe you’ve earned it, given how much effort it took you to get me ‘under your control.’ “He replied with a sarcastic tone and smile.

Her face turned a bit sour. “I shall have to reconsider what I tell my sister in confidence. A pity. There was a time I could trust her with anything.”

“Please don’t be too hard on her. In her defense, I did give her quite the scare.”

“So I hear.”

“I hope I did not cause you too much trouble.”

“Whatever do you mean?” She said as she narrowed her eyes. Martel’s face went neutral for a couple of seconds before he made a fake smile.

After several seconds of awkwardness, Martel decided to start a different conversation. “So where is his Majesty?”

“With one of his favorite young Mistresses I believe,” She answered immediately.

Martel was shocked by her bluntness. “You mean to say he’s having an affair? And that you are completely aware of it?”

“Of course. Ah, how easy it is to forget. Do men not have multiple wives in your world?”

“While it does exist, it is not practiced where I’m from.”

“I see. Nearly all of the nobles here have at least a second wife, and many have additional mistresses. I would not be surprised if some even reach the double digits.”

“I… I see.”

“Because Arthur both married into royalty and is not the reigning monarch, it is not appropriate for him to marry another, hence the mistress.”

A perplexed look came across Martel’s face.

In comparison, a sly smile comes across hers. “Oh my, where were you seriously not planning on having multiple wives? Was that not the reason that you required Freyja to abdicate her secession?”

“No. I had never once even considered polygamy.”

“I see. I believe Freyja is expecting it.”

“That is… I have trouble believing that.”

“I believe she is happy as I suspect she did not want to deal with the throne, and she gets to marry the one she loves. As long as that remains true, I don’t think she will mind one or two or… four others.”  

“...”

Her face became softer as she continued. “Please, take care of her.”

Martel made an honest smile. “With and for my life.”

“I’m counting on you,” She said with a curtsy as the dance was over.

He led her back over to Freyja, who had waited patiently.  

The Queen turned to Freyja. “I will give him back to you now. There is some business I must attend to.”

“Thank you for your company, your Majesty,” Martel said with a bow.

“Likewise,” She replied with a small curtsy before she headed off.

Freyja walked up to Martel. “She wasn’t putting any strange ideas in your head, was she?”

“... Quite a few, actually.”

Freyja sighed and looked away. “And here I thought you were ignoring me,” She said with a pout.

Martel took her hand gently. “There is a saying where I come from that you should ‘save the best for last,’ My Goddess.”

A small smile came over her lips. “I’m sure, My Hero.” She retorted sarcastically.

He led her to the dance floor and gestured to the musicians, who nodded in return. After the first couple of notes, Freyja’s eyes widened before she made a relaxed smile. “You just want to show off.”

“I think I’ve been doing that all night.”

After about thirty seconds, the room was opened for us as all the other participants stopped to watch them. After, there was a rumor that the hero Could dance on more than just the battlefield.

End of Day -167

19