Vol 4: Epilogue – Hello
503 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

“Freed, you should stop fiddling with your cuffs. They’re made of adamantine.  Not even Russia’s Strong Man could break out of these.” Freed’s lawyer said as they sat across the desk in the massive security prison built for SUPERs.

Naturally, one of the biggest concerns about SUPERs was the penal system.  Many worried that standard prisons would not be able to hold them, so special prisons were built.  However, it was not until Earth had stable contact with another world that the security concerns lessened.  A decent supply of adamantine, security androids, and special weapons made for combat allowed for an adequate security force against even those who were mid-tier SUPERs.

“This place can’t hold me,” Freed replied with a smirk.

“So long as you have good behavior, you might get out in a couple of dozen years.  I don’t know who you offended, but someone tried to bury you in here. Without my connections, you would’ve ended up with a guaranteed life sentence.  I suggest you behave.” His lawyer replied with a sigh as he stood up and exited the room.

“Bastards,” Freed mumbled in anger as he thought about his little trip to Marty’s house.  His bandaged face contorted as his pain intensified.

Suddenly, the androids surrounding the room powered down just before the lights went out.  Freed couldn’t see anything in the sudden darkness. Then, a glowing sword appeared in front of him.  As a reaction, Freed used his Ki defensively, but the collar around his neck went off and gave him a powerful shock as lights in the room came back on.

Freed glared at the Figure, who had suddenly appeared in front of him, angry with pain.  The Figure wore a hybrid armor of medieval and modern times. He held the glowing hot sword at Freed while his legs were propped up on the table.  The thing that pissed Freed off most was that the Figure’s heterochromatic blue and green eyes seemed to be laughing at his pain. Of course, it was the only place Freed could find any emotion as the Figure wore a theater mask which combined a happy and sad face.  Freed couldn’t detect any Ki from the Figure, but his restraints and the glowing hot sword in front of him kept him from doing anything rash.

“What do you want?” Freed asked with a grimace of pain.

“To tell you a message.” The Figure responded with an electronically garbled voice. “The person you attacked is quite valuable to us.  If you dare make a move against him or anyone around him again, you won’t end up as lucky as you are right now.”

“Is that supposed to be a threat?” Freed asked with a grin.

“Do you think you are safe in here?” The Figure asked with a chuckle as the previously turned off androids immediately rushed out, grabbed Freed’s head, and smashed his broken face into the table.  Freed screamed in agony as the Figure got up and made his way to him. “Don’t worry, if you do something, you won’t die, at least not immediately. I’ll hack your body centimeter by centimeter until you’re a limbless stump.  The sword is quite good at cauterizing wounds after all.” The Figure leaned in close to Freed and whispered into his ear. “And that would only be a small glimpse of where you will end up. I don’t know about you, but I look forward to seeing you again.” The Figure continued as he backed off with a laugh.

Then, the lights turned on again, and the glowing sword disappeared while the androids moved back to their positions.  

Though Freed had claimed to be assaulted in the room, there was no evidence, and it was thought that Freed harmed himself to make a bogus claim.  No matter how loud he complained, it always seemed to end up on deaf ears.

...

“Not bad, Carl,” Marty said as he reached down to help Carl, who was flat on the floor of the training area.

“I’m already tired from sparring with Shalgana, and you make me train even more?”

“Of course, I have to train you myself.  If I’m not around, you’re the last line of defense for the girls.”

“They do say no good deed goes unpunished,” Carl muttered under his breath.

“It’s not all bad.  After all, you get to socialize with Amanda.” Marty teased, much to Carl’s chagrin. “At any rate, that’s enough for today. Let’s go get ready for lunch.” Marty said with a smile.

“You seem to be in a good mood today.”

“Yes, well, I got a report that said Freed had been roughed up earlier this morning, so I’m in an excellent mood.”

“I suddenly feel better now too,” Carl replied with a chuckle.

...

After the group finished lunch, they began to socialize.  After they had spent some time together, they all began to get along very well.  Shalgana fit right in, and the family training against Marty helped this. Her efforts to get along as well as she could with her’ sister wives’ also contributed.

“So, who’s up for dessert?” Marty asked.

""""Me,""""  Several voices rang out.

“Okay, I’ll get it,” Marty replied with a chuckle as he addressed Cali on his lap. “You up to give me a hand?”

Cali nodded and got off his lap as they made their way to the kitchen, though she insisted on holding his hand.  Suddenly, en route, a purple light shone from the floor beneath them. A circular glowing light with many shapes and forms seemed to have come up from the floor.  There was something similar to a force field which prevented their escape from the circle, which caused everyone to panic slightly. Thinking quickly, Cali turned into a black jacket, and she put herself on Marty as he turned to the others with a smile. “Carl, look after the girls. I’ll be back in a little bit.”

In a flash of purple, Marty and Cali disappeared.

“Did… Did they just get Abducted?” Amanda asked.

“That would match some of the descriptions I’ve heard, so it is the most likely possibility,” Carl replied with a nod.

“Then he went to another world?” Shiro asked, concerned.

“Most likely.”

Caelia silently took in the information before she turned Anna. “Anna, you should go and prepare another room.  No, wait, make it two, to be safe.”

“You think he is going to bring home another girl?” Amanda asked with a shocked expression.

“He might. I’m only acting on the possibility.  Besides, I know he doesn’t make such a decision lightly.  He only brings back someone who truly cares about him, and he cares for.  Someone who will never harm any of us. I trust him.” Caelia said with a small smile.

“He doesn’t deserve you.”

“I’m sure he’d say the same thing; as would I about him.”

 

After a flash of purple light, beside the purple circle which had summoned him, Marty found nothing familiar within his view.  The light from several candles flickered and dimly lit and messy study. Besides himself, there was one other person in the room; a beautiful young woman with long purple hair and purple eyes which could draw in anyone who looked at them.  She wore a purple dress which showed her well filled out body; one that wasn’t human.  

On her head were a pair of horns which protruded out from the sides about a hand’s width before they faced forward at a near-perfect angle.  Behind her, a tail, which matched the slight red tinge of her skin, could be seen with a triangle at its tip. With these features, words like devilish might come to mind.  However, those words did not enter Marty’s thoughts. Instead, her expression and aura gave off an air of purity and innocence that were directly contradictory to what her features would suggest.  With a soft smile and a beautiful voice, she only said one word: “Hello.”

 
16