Vol 6: Ch 4 – Birth of the Sword of Despair
495 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

“Do you have everything?” Marty asked Miyuki and Kuromi.

“Yep!” Miyuki said happily with a suitcase in one hand as she intertwined Marty’s arm with her other. Kuromi remained silent as she intertwined his free hand with her own.  

“Not that I mind, but it may be a good idea to lower the displays of affection. I tend to hold myself back at home, and I don’t want them to misunderstand.”

“I guess that means I should get what I can while I can,” Miyuki said before she reached up and kissed him.  

After she finished, Kuromi also took the initiative and kissed him.

“All right, let’s go,” Marty said, having realized he had gotten in too deep to turn back.

With a snap of his fingers, Marty Dimension Doored the three of them in front of his house.

“That was… Sudden. I felt like I could’ve resisted.” Kuromi said

“Yes. I can’t take an unwilling people, or take people to a location they can’t survive. It’s a limiting condition of the spell which makes it restrictive in combat.” Marty replied.

“This is your house? It seems as though you’re well-off.” Miyuki noted.

“More like well in debt.”

“I can help you with that. It won’t hurt too much if a large chunk of energy Crystal disappears.”

“We’ll figure that out later,” Marty replied as he entered the house. After he had entered a little way, he was startled to see all the girls are sitting around and talking. The red-eyed Yutsuki was the center of attention. Marty was surprised to see her and felt guilty. He wasn’t exactly sure why she had been crying, but he couldn’t rule out the possibility that it was because he didn’t tell her about his current living arrangements. “Yutsuki, they haven’t been bullying you, have they?” He asked as he smiled at her.

Yutsuki didn’t respond. Instead, she got up and walked to him. Marty was nervous, but he was relaxed and surprised when she came up and hugged him. “Onii-sama, I will never leave you.”

Marty returned the hug as he gave the other girls a curious look.

“We were talking about how we all met you, and what we’ve been through,” Shalgana replied.

Marty realized his past most likely saddened her. “Yutsuki, you can stay as long as you like.”

“En,” Yutsuki affirmed with a nod.

“Do you have a room for us?” Miyuki asked with a chuckle.

“Of course I do. Everyone, this is Miyuki and Kuromi. They will be staying with us.”

“You’ve been gone for two days and have two more. The house will be full in a month.” Lucibelle said with a chuckle as the front door behind him opened.

Marty was about to reply, but he stopped as he felt a massive wave of anger and the rustling of chains from behind him. He turned around and managed to catch the chain. “Amanda, what are you-” Marty began to ask but stopped after he saw Caelia had been crying and appeared distressed. Before he said anything, she rushed upstairs to her room.

“You bastard!” Amanda yelled. “I wondered why you didn’t pick up half an hour ago. It turns out you are getting new women behind her back.”

“What happened?” Marty asked concerned about the turmoil of emotions he had felt from Caelia.

“It’s… Partially my fault. Alexander’s been harassing me, and he found out I was going to eat lunch in public today. He showed up and started to harass me. Caelia defended me, and then he felt her up.” Amanda finished softly.

“Say what!?!” Marty exclaimed as his eyes instantly Draconified exuding cold killing intent that permeated the room.

Everyone was startled. The girls from Camelot were not surprised at his killing intent, but by the amount they felt. It was many times higher than before. Even Miyuki and Kuromi were somewhat startled. The other girls shivered as they had never experienced it before.

Realizing his outburst, Marty took a deep breath to calm himself. “You all get to know each other. I’m going to go comfort Caelia,” He said before he went up the stairs. When he reached Caelia’s door, he gently knocked. 

“I don’t want to see anyone,” Caelia’s weak voice sounded out.

“Not even me?” Marty asked.

“… No.”

Marty was shocked. He briefly considered his next action and decided to enter the room. When he entered, he saw Caelia crying. She quickly covered herself with her blanket.

“Don’t come. I don’t want you to see me like this.” Caelia said between her sobs.

Marty didn’t reply. Instead walked up to her, ripped off the blanket, grasped her head gently, and forced her to look him in the eyes. “Caelia, I love you. I’m serious about marrying you, and that means I need to accept you at your most beautiful and ugliest times. I’ll always be here for you.”

Caelia’s breath stagnated when she heard his words before she began to cry into his chest. Marty patiently waited for her to vent eventually ended up hugging her from behind when she finally calmed down.

“Caelia, do you mind telling me why this upset you so much?” Marty asked.

“I… When he touched me, my brain went blank. After... After I just hated that it wasn’t you.” She replied softly.

“Is that all?”

“I… I think it might’ve felt good,” Caelia replied no louder than the mosquito.

“It might’ve felt good?” Marty repeated in a tone of voice that gave Caelia goosebumps. “What do you know about feeling good?”

Before Caelia could react, Marty effortlessly slipped his hands underneath her clothing, and they soon came in direct contact with her gloriously large mounds. His touch, squeezes, pinches, and pulls immediately got a reaction from Caelia and she began to moan.

“Did it feel as good as this?” He asked as he permeated dominance and authority.

Caelia meekly shook her head as her skin began to bronze.

Marty bent down near her ear and whispered, his breath tickled her ear. “I will only let you remember my touch. You are mine.” He bit her ear, and Caelia’s whole body began to shutter.

[Dang, she is sensitive.] Marty thought as he released her from the torment. She leaned back, her head against his shoulder, facing him. Her hot breath brushed up against his cheek. Marty had a strong urge to steal her lips, but he held himself back. It might seem a little hypocritical to think about holding back after he had just been so rudely intimate, but he knew Caelia well enough to know that she valued her first kiss. If she didn’t take the initiative, he should at least make it a little romantic.

After Caelia finally calmed down, Marty kissed her forehead. “When you’re ready to go down, there are a few people I like you to meet downstairs.”

“I saw them; I will,” Caelia replied.

Marty took on an awkward look. “Caelia… It may be a bit late to ask for, are you alright sharing me?”

Caelia didn’t answer immediately, but she did give a small smile as she thought about her response. “If I said I’m not jealous, I’d be lying. However, so long as you take care of Shiro and me, I’ll always be here to support you.”

“I know I’m not making it easy for you.”

“Who made me fall in love with you.” Caelia replied, slightly stuttering and flinching in embarrassment when she said ‘love.’ “Besides, I know you’re not a casual person, even though you brought to girls back after being gone for two days.”

“There’s a reason for that,” Marty replied, embarrassed by the circumstance. “If you want to hear it you should go down and talk to them. I have something to take care of. I hope you go down and meet with them.”

Caelia nodded. “I’ll go down after I clean up.”  

“Good,” Marty replied before he exited. He went downstairs and took a look at the girls who were thankfully acting harmoniously. “You girls keep chatting. I have something to do.” Marty said with a smile before he exited. Most of the girls didn’t notice anything amiss, but both Miyuki and Kuromi saw that his smile wasn’t real and noticed the killing intent flashed through his eyes.

A short time later, Caelia also came down and joined their discussion. Soon, everyone was acquainted, and everyone knew how Marty had met them. It was about this time that Amanda’s phone went off.

“Is it Carl?” Lucibelle teased.

Amanda was going to retort, but couldn’t when she realized that it was Carl.

“Hey, Carl.” She answered a little embarrassed. “… What fight?… Are you sure? Okay, I’m at his house right now with his… Girls.” Amanda replied before she hung up.

“What’s going on?” Caelia asked with concern when she saw Amanda’s expression.

“Marty challenged Alexander to a duel in the Rewrite Field. Alexander agreed, and they will be fighting in an hour.”

“Really? That seems unlikely.” Miyuki said.

“What do you mean unlikely?” Amanda asked.

Miyuki gave the girls a look over. “You should know what happened to Marty in my world. In that life, Marty killed a lot. I said it’s unlikely because Marty normally wouldn’t do it in public when it is impossible to kill, at least permanently. That’s why I said it’s unlikely.”

“We should go watch,” Shiro said, having ignored Miyuki’s explanation.

“You can go, but are you sure you can handle what’s going to happen? You should know that Marty’s changed. He will kill without batting an eye. Are you prepared for that?” Miyuki asked as she coldly looked at them.  

“I am,” Caelia replied immediately. The other girls soon followed suit.

“Good, let’s go support him,” Miyuki said with a satisfied nod.

 ...

Close to an hour later, Marty appeared at the Rewrite Field. There was a fairly large crowd waiting. Alexander was an extremely vain person, so he published the fact that he was fighting the Strongest F over a woman. Alexander was not happy that Marty was fairly popular not because he was strong, but because he was strong for being so weak. For every one person who knew about Alexander, a thousand knew about Marty. This was intolerable to Alexander, which was part of the reason why he harassed Caelia, besides having lecherous thoughts.

Marty looked around and was surprised when he saw his girls sitting together, waiting at private seats. “What are you doing here?” He asked as he approached them.

“To support you, of course,” Miyuki replied.

“I’m not sure I want you to see this,” Marty replied a little embarrassed.

“It’s our responsibility to see you at your best and worst,” Caelia replied.

Marty found himself tongue-tied; caught in his trap. “Okay, I hope you don’t regret it.” He replied before he walked away.

Soon, the match time had come, and Marty and Alexander entered the field. Marty walked in with Kuroka on his hip, a cigar in his mouth, and sunglasses that hid his Draconified eyes. His body had already Draconified, hidden beneath his clothing.

“You’re going to use a sword?” Alexander asked Marty, his eyes full of contempt.

“You aren’t?” Marty replied as he gave a puff of smoke.

“I won’t need it to crush an ant like you.”

Marty smiled at him. “Thanks for the compliment. Ants have one of the highest strength to weight ratios in the natural world.”

“But in the end, an ant is only in ant,” Alexander replied. “Don’t worry, I won’t beat you too bad, but I can’t wait until I see Caelia again. I’m sure she’ll enjoy herself too.” He replied with a wicked smile.

A sudden burst of cold killing intent radiated from Marty. It only lasted a second, but Alexander felt it. After he had recovered, he was furious. He felt as though he’d been afraid of the ant in front of him. He comforted himself by thinking that it must’ve only been an illusion. He naturally was not a stranger to killing intent, but the amount he felt for only a brief second surmounted his understanding of it. However, this was natural as not many people currently on earth had killed as many people as Shiba.

Up in the stands, the girls looked down at the field.

“Do you think he’s going to go all out?” Amanda asked them as she knew that Marty had always held back in public and she had experienced his strength firsthand.

“Yes, and no,” Miyuki replied with a mysterious smile.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, while he is angry, he’s not the type of person to let his emotions cloud his judgment unless it was a dire situation. This doesn’t fall under that category. As such, I believe he’ll use it to his advantage.”

“What do you mean?” Caelia asked.

“It’s very simple. He’s going to pretend to go all out. His nickname is The Strongest F because his Ability Ranking is considered low, but his combat strength is much higher. Anyone with a brain would be able to think that he is hiding his strength and has a couple hidden cards. However, if he acts hot-headed and gives a convincing performance of going all out, it will make others estimate his hidden strength to be much lower than it is. This is why I said he will and won’t.”

“They’re starting,” Shiro said as the countdown began.  

Back on the field, a large number 5 appeared in the air and between them and began to count down. Once it reached three, Marty’s right-hand gripped Kuroka and his left hand was strangely placed to his left side, level with his head. No one noticed the electrical spark that came from an Energy Crystal in his pocket that caused his perception of time to change drastically.

As soon as the countdown finished, Alexander immediately shot toward Marty with Gale Step and threw a punch. However, in mid-punch, it felt as if he had no control over his body. The next millisecond, he suddenly found a hand on his head that immediately stopped him. He was about to scream and punch again, but he found himself breathless and starting to feel a little dizzy. Just when he was beginning to wonder what was happening, he saw a headless body with an arm missing tumbling beyond Marty.

The crowd gasped in horror at the body and blood. Usually, such a fatal wound would be healed immediately, but, this time, it hadn’t. Just as Alexander began to deny the possibility of his decapitation, Marty sheathed Kuroka, removed the cigar, and brought Alexander’s head close. “This is what you get for touching my treasure,” Marty said with a pale smile before he dug his clawed thumb into Alexander’s forehead causing the still conscious Alexander immense pain. The disgustedly crushed head of Alexander was then thrown towards the rest of his body as the light of the Rewrite Field finally activated to repair him.

“You!” Alexander began but was interrupted by the sudden Quick-Draw Wind blade sent by Marty that sliced him vertically before he could react.

“Did I say you could talk?” Marty said coldly.

The Rewrite Field quickly fixed Alexander, who immediately prepared his defenses and was about to yell but paused when a voice entered his mind.

[If I so much as hear a rumor that you’re going to do anything against my women, I’ll give you a preview of hell before I send you there personally.] Marty thought to him as he released his unrestrained killing intent.

Alexander’s face soon became white, and his body visibly shook.  

Winner Marty!

The announcement suddenly appeared as Marty turned around to exit.

The crowd erupted into cheers as Marty’s arm began to glow, healing the injuries of the two quickdraws. Marty quickly made his way to where the girls were. Besides Cali, Miyuki, and Kuomi, the other girls were a little unnerved by what they had witnessed. Cali had watched on with more curiosity as the concept of death was something she only recently comprehended. The fact that Alexander was still alive meant that it hadn’t sunk in and she wasn’t bothered by the gore. Miyuki and Kuromi were fine because they had done much worse during their previous lives. As for the other girls, while they had seen death before, they had never seen such a gruesome scene and hadn’t been desensitized by earth’s culture yet. Even Lucibelle, who witnessed many fights as Empress, was slightly unnerved.

There was an awkward silence when Marty arrived.

“Good job.” Caelia finally said.

“Thanks,” Marty replied.

“Say, Anata. You should know that one of my talents is being able to read lips, and English is also language in my world.”

Marty flinched when he heard this.

“What did he say?” Shalgana asked in curiosity as she also noticed that Marty said something to Alexander.

Miyuki gave a serious look as she did an impression of Marty. “This is what you get for touching my treasure.”

There was a slight pause before all the girls except Caelia began to laugh. Caelia turned slightly embarrassed, but she couldn’t hide the smile on her face. Even the ever serious Kuromi was trying to suppress her laughter. Marty smiled, grateful that the tension broke.

“But seriously, calling Caelia’s boobs treasures? We might as well call you the Oppai Dragon.”

Marty brow twitched when he heard this. “Please don’t make that comparison.”

“Who?” Caelia asked.

“A fellow- I mean fictional, character.”

“You fought well.” A voice suddenly interrupted that line of speech.

Marty quickly jumped and turned around as the voice appeared right behind him. He was shocked that someone had managed to sneak up behind him without him knowing. Not only was he shocked, but the girls were shocked as well because many of them were looking at the speaker’s direction, but they didn’t even notice him before he spoke.

“Hello David, it’s nice to meet you,” Marty said when he recognized the man, one of the strongest known people on earth.

“Likewise,” David replied with a nod before beams of light suddenly shot from his eyes.

Marty was terrified. He felt as though every secret his body had was seen clean through and that David strength was at a higher level than Marty could understand. Could someone at this strength truly be considered human anymore?

 

David nodded. “Very impressive. Though I may not have it, I believe you have Peak Rank 10 Ki? On top of this, your Soul Core is more than twice as large a normal human. You have multiple souls that are peacefully residing within your own. Your strength is also strong, and you appear to have a Dragon bloodline, and your mental strength is about level 4. I even saw a hint of the Sword Dao in your swordsmanship. Very impressive without cultivating.”

Marty’s eyebrow twitched. Thankfully they were in a private area, so no one else heard David’s summary. “Is there something you need, David?” Marty asked politely.

“No, I just wanted to meet you in person. I noticed you are using one of my Storage Rings and I thought you might like this.” David said as he withdrew a sword and an old book from his Storage Ring. “This is a flying sword and a book on how to utilize it. I’m not sure if you will figure out how, but I wouldn’t put it past you.” 

“Thanks.”

“Small effort, these are of no use to me,” David said as he took a look at the girls. “I should warn you; you should always try to become stronger. There will always be someone stronger than you. You don’t want to and up in a situation where you cannot protect what you want; what you must.” David said with a sad expression.

“I know,” Marty replied. As soon as their eyes made contact, both of them knew that they were comrades in having lost someone that they held dear. It was a strange sensation. Even though they were strangers, they felt close; as if they had understood each other for a long time.  

“I don’t know if you’re aware, but this world is changing. Besides the few individuals that are coming back from other worlds, there are also some Terrian SUPERs appearing. Chinese cultivators, Japanese ninjas, European wizards, and many others are starting to pop up everywhere. On top of this, as more time goes on, the strength limit of the Terrian SUPERs is increasing, and the people returning are stronger on average. Many of them take what they want when they want, women included. Keep them safe.” David said before he suddenly disappeared with no indication.

“He seems nice,” Miyuki said.

“He’s also one of the strongest people currently known on earth,” Marty replied. “You girls go home, I’m going to take a walk,” Marty said as he began to walk away.

“You don’t have to worry about him,” Miyuki said when she noticed the girls’ concern. “When a person kills someone, they need time to relax and vent. Given that he still has a quandary with using us, he has to find another way.”

Several of the girls began to blush when they heard the ‘using us’ part.

They all begin to tidy up and prepare to go back home.

 

“Father, I’m sorry.” A pale Alexander said to a middle-aged man.

“You underestimated your opponent and didn’t put anything into your defense. Besides, even I may have had some trouble with that quickdraw of his.” Alexander’s father thought with a shiver as he remembered only seeing the black slash of Marty’s quickdraw. “This is an opportunity to improve yourself and get back at those who abandoned the family.” He replied as his smile turned dark.

“Father, are we finally going after Amanda?”

“Of course. The family head has been angry at his daughter for leaving and having that bastard child.”

“When?”

“Immediately. We believe she’ll head back with the group of women she hangs out with and they tend to pass through a relatively unpopulated area where we can prepare an ambush.”

“Good. Those other women sure are beautiful.” Alexander added with a wicked smile.

“They shouldn’t be a problem. We brought nearly all of our Rank 10 Ki users. They’ll be no match even though it’s nearly 1 to 1.”

Alexander sneered.” I wonder what the expression on Marty’s face will be if I take his woman in front of him.”

“How about all of them at the same time?” His father added.

The two of them laughed as they left to cut off the girls.

 

The girls were all in a large van driven by Anna. Given that it was an eight-seater, Cali was sitting on Yutsuki’s lap as she would be fine even in an accident.  

“We are going to need a bigger car,” Miyuki said, looking at the full van.

“In another week that pervert will probably bring two more girls home,” Morgan said with a hint of spite.

“You can go home if you want,” Miyuki replied.

Morgan clenched her teeth. “I might as well stay. Shiro is here, and I’ve gotten used to living here.” 

Miyuki chuckled at Morgan’s attempt to hide her thoughts. She was about to tease her but was cut short when the car suddenly stopped with a giant *bang!!!*

“What happened?” Miyuki asked after the impact while Kuromi melded with the shadows and disappeared. Miyuki looked around and saw several people surrounding the van. Her eyes went cold, and she grasped her katana after she felt the killing intent coming from these people. “Prepare to fight, we’re surrounded!” She said as Anna quickly messaged Marty. Everyone quickly got ready to fight and exited the car, but this also left Miyuki as an obvious target.  

Miyuki was the only person amongst the visible girls that didn’t have Ki. A decisive ambusher quickly used Gale Step toward Miyuki who had no way to act in time. However, someone did manage to act in time. A shadow suddenly rose up from her feet and managed to block the punch. At the last second, Kuromi had managed to take the blow for Miyuki, but she was in terrible condition. The blow had completely crushed her chest. Even though the man had intended to hold back, the sudden appearance of Kuromi caused him to use more than his intended force, leaving a wound that would be fatal without immediate treatment.

Kuromi spat blood out her mouth as Miyuki watched in horror. Unwilling to watch Kuromi die in front of her again, she grasped her sword to fight the attacker. The attacker sneered and prepared to attack Miyuki, but he suddenly froze as every hair on his body stood on end due to the eruption of killing intent that fell on the battlefield like a 1000 pound hammer. It wasn’t only him; everyone froze. In the next instant, a black katana passed through his throat like a hot knife cutting through butter.

 

Marty sent out a few puffs of smoke as he walked out of the campus. He was taking a walk to calm his nerves. Even though Alexander was still alive, Marty still killed him, twice. Even though he decided to live facing his life as Shiba, he was more shaken up than he thought he would be. However, he firmed his resolve, especially after talking to David. He would kill to protect the people who cared about. If he could avoid it, he would. But he would not leave trouble for the future. Alexander would soon die, and there wouldn’t be a corpse to find.

As he was walking, an elderly man suddenly blocked his way. “Marty, do you have a minute?” He asked in a kindly manner.

“I do.” Marty vigilantly replied as he could tell that this elderly man was not simple.

“Don’t worry. I mean you no harm.” The elderly man said, having noticed Marty’s alertness. “I’m Amanda’s grandfather, and I saw your fight. I just want to warn you to be careful of Alexander’s family. I don’t know how much you know about Amanda, but our two families have been fighting for decades. My son and daughter-in-law fell in love after some conflicts. Both of them are officially separated from our families, but I know that her mother’s side is not happy at all. We’ve been trying to make peace with them for a long time to no avail. Just be careful in case they decide to take revenge.”

“Thanks for the warning,” Marty replied sincerely. “I’ll be sure to-” he began but stopped as his body emitted frightening killing intent.

“What happened?” The elderly man asked after he confirmed that it was not towards him.

“Their revenge came. Don’t resist.” Marty said as he created A Dimension Door and used it to teleport to the fight just in time to witness the aftermath of Kuromi being attacked. For a split second, his mind went completely blank. He watched Kuromi fall in slow motion as his vision overlapped with her previous life’s death. The next instant, killing intent erupted from his body, causing everyone to flinch. He immediately used Gale Step and beheaded the attacker before he quickly grasped Kuromi in his arms just before she fell.

“Bastards!” Miyuki shouted as she activated the magic on her blade. Ice formed and shot towards the assailant. The other girls were soon inspired by their shared outrage and began to attack in earnest. Cali and Morgan quickly ran over to Kuromi and began to heal her to the best of their ability along with Marty.

“Master, once, just once, can I call you Anata?” Kuromi asked weakly as blood trickled from her lips.

Tears began to fill Marty’s bloodshot eyes as he forced a smile. “Once? If you don’t call me Anata a thousand times, I won’t forgive you.”

When she heard Marty’s reply, she couldn’t help but break into a beautiful smile, and she gave a small chuckle, masked by a bloody cough. She looked at him with dimming eyes and, with a week breath, she spoke: “Anata.” And her eyes closed.

 

The moment Marty grabbed Kuromi, the girls begin to go all out. They habitually carried their weapons with them in an easy to open case. Caelia and Amanda fought with tact coordination protecting each other effortlessly, taking on four opponents at once. When they started to feel overwhelmed, a cold wind suddenly blew. Suddenly, a giant freezing whirlwind surrounded them, blowing their opponents away.   

Miyuki joined Amanda and Caelia, perfectly melding into their coordination. Even though she hadn’t trained with them, she experienced numerous life-and-death fights which gave her the ability to adapt. Soon, the three of them held their opponents back with no problem. Shiro’s opponent was startled by the little girl whose aura was extremely intimidating. Each punch and kick she threw made him draw back, and he found that he couldn’t take advantage of their fight.

An old man among the assailants looked at the fight coldly. Their information had been way off as the girls had been hiding their strength. He was also extremely wary of Yutsuki quick and terrifying arrows. Two ambushers already had holes in their legs from Yutsuki which incapacitated them. It seemed as though only fully protecting themselves with their Ki could block the arrows, and even then it felt like they had been hit by a car. The most annoying part was they could never confiscate the arrows because they would disappear only to reappear back on Yutsuki’s person. It was evident that they would have to fight her in close combat, but they couldn’t get to her. The trio and Lucibelle flying around launching opportunistic explosion magic prevented them.  

Lucibelle was flying around fast and dodged their ranged attacks, which were very few given that the government had prevented them from having ranged weaponry. They didn’t care too much because ordinary firearms were nothing to them, but it clearly would be useful to have them at this point.

“You are a shameless old man to kidnap your granddaughter.” The elderly man that had appeared with Marty said.

The old man sneered. “I’m not related to anyone with your filthy bloodline.”

The elderly man sighed and prepared to fight, but they both flinched when they heard a terrible wail of an angry Dragon.

Nearly everyone’s attention was on Marty as he slowly turned around. His draconified red eyes with a creeping black sent chills down the assailant’s spines, and the red blood that fell from his eyes filled them with a sense of dread and despair. When Marty left Kuromi to Morgan, Cali disappeared only to reappear a few seconds later with Elizabeth, the doctor who could heal others. However, those few seconds changed everything.

Marty slowly moved his sword, which was still dripping with blood that left behind a trail. The next instant, Marty was surrounded with multicolored light as he activated all of his Soul Armaments. His helm still produced body tears, his boots sparked, his pack flamed, and he immediately Gale Stepped to the nearest opponent who couldn’t react in time as the blade, sharpened with Ki, effortlessly passed through his neck. Terrifyingly, most of the blood that erupted from his now headless neck did not exit normally but began to collect as if attracted by the sword itself which had now begun to produce black flame as Marty activated its magic. But the black flame began to change its appearance, becoming a dark red that appeared to be flaming blood.

When everyone saw that sword, they couldn’t help but feel an immense sense of despair; as if they couldn’t block this blade. Marty immediately Gale Stepped to and dispatched the next opponent. Because of their fear and despair, his opponent hardly even put up an adequate defense allowing them to easily be killed.  

Even though the attackers were terrified, they knew that they could only coordinate to get out alive, so three immediately attacked Marty. Marty’s Ki immediately changed from blue to red as a roar escaped his lips, and his Ki began to form into a Dragon which swatted the three attackers away as they couldn’t utilize their complete strength.

Elizabeth, who had bewilderedly followed Cali after a blunt explanation, saw this carnage and couldn’t help but shiver. She looked to Kuromi and knew why she was here. “Dammit, I’m a doctor, not a field medic.” She mumbled as she gritted her teeth and began to treat the young lady who was at death’s door with Cali.

The old man, who noticed that Marty and his Ki Dragon Manifestation seemed to be able to work separately, looked at it coldly. “An autonomous manifestation based on a Dragon? Interesting.” He said. However, his complexion crazily changed when the Ki Dragon looked at him after he spoke their eyes met. “That thing is not autonomous, it’s sentient! How is that possible? Everyone, retreat!” He shouted immediately as things had gotten way out of hand.

The moment he shouted this, Marty and the Ki Dragon separated attacking different people as several rockets were fired from his back to intercept the others. Soon, everyone besides the old man was dead.

“I surrender.” The old man said with his hands up. However, it was obvious that Marty had no intention to let him go. The moment Marty took a step forward, lightning suddenly appeared from nowhere and struck him. Thanks to his Boots of Spirit Lightning he had decent resistance to lightning, and his Ki helped protect him, but he was injured.

Lightning flashed and struck the ground only to reveal a beautiful blonde young lady. It was Helen who was in charge of the security in the area. “Cease this fight immediately!” She shouted.

Marty turned and looked at her. Even though he was still wearing all of the Spirit Armaments, his helm that was crying bloody tears sent a shiver down her spine, and the blade made her extremely nervous. On top of this, she felt the threat of death. Even fighting against powerful people, she didn’t have this feeling. She felt that the person in front of her could kill her.

Marty looked back at the old man, and Gale Stepped towards him.

Naturally, this couldn’t get past Helen, who could move as fast as lightning. She quickly shot a bolt towards him, but it was as if Marty expected it. He abandoned Kuroka between himself and the lightning which acted as a lightning rod. Shocked, Helen could not react in time to interfere further. Gram erupted from Marty’s hand as all his Ki was forced into it along with the destructive energy of his gauntlets. The old man barely managed to get his guard up when Gram slashed down from above at a tremendous speed. The resulting strike sent up the dust from the field they were on, just off the road, which blocked everyone’s sight.

No one moved as they waited for the dust to disperse. Helen’s eyes remained focused, waiting for the first sign of movement. However, it did not come from the dust cloud. Kuroka trembled before it shot into the cloud. Soon the dust dispersed, and Helen was shocked at what, or rather, who she saw. Marty was no longer using his Soul Armaments, which revealed who he was. However, given that his eyes seemed a little dull, this did not seem to be a conscious action as he seemed to be unconscious.  

Helen glanced at the corpse of the old man before she looked back at Marty. “Are you done?” She asked angrily and immediately regretted it.

Marty dull eyes, still crying blood, locked on to her. Killing intent radiated from his body. When he took a step forward, Helen’s heart leaped into her throat, but he stopped all further movement when a shadow suddenly threw itself towards him.

“Anata, I’m all right,” Kuromi said before she coughed up a little blood. The blood landed on his face, and Marty blinked and regained a spark of wisdom in his eyes. He checked her body and saw that her wounds had been treated enough to let her live long enough to survive and get proper treatment. Then, with his last strength, he slowly fell to the ground, ensuring that Kuromi would not be harmed before he passed out.

The girls all ran up to him with concerned looks as Cali, Morgan, and Elizabeth focused on stabilizing Kuromi.

Helen looked at them slightly conflicted. She previously held a little contempt for Marty as he seemed weak and useless, but that was gone. However, she still had a duty to do. Then, her earphones buzzed, and a voice went through.

“M?… How do you have access to this line?… I get it, rhetorical question. What do you want?… What!? Are you serious?... Yes, I got it… *sigh* Everything that happened tonight is classified and to help clean up the aftermath.” Helen replied, annoyed.

“Not bad.” A voice said next to her.

Helen shot over to the side. “David, don’t sneak up on me.”

“I didn’t sneak up on you, you just didn't notice me.” He replied as he walked toward them.

As David approached, the girls got a little defensive.

“Relax girls. I’ve got something to heal them both.” David said with a smile.

With a little hesitation, they finally let him through. He took two round pills and gave Kuromi and Marty each one. “They’ll be fine now.”

“Why didn’t you show up earlier?” Miyuki asked darkly.

“I could have, but I decided my time is better spent making those pills,” David replied amicably, not bothered by Miyuki’s temper as he could tell she was on edge due to their condition. He looked at Marty with much appreciation. “No cultivation and yet he has successfully created his style of swordsmanship. Even though it has side effects and has similarities to the demon path, it’s still very powerful. Combining an emotion with swordsmanship, that’s not something I’ve ever thought of. Let’s call it the Sword of Despair.”

End of Day -15

 
 
11