Ch 5 – Creation, Confusion, Cultivation
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm a gonna try and post monthly, if I miss one, remind me.

"I don't know."

I guess that was to be expected, considering she was just made... Summoned? Honestly, I'm not sure my puny human mind could manage understanding what the heck I just did. Luckily I am in possession of a goddesses constitution. Heh.

"Um, what are you doing?" Eth asks   while staring at me. I guess I hadn't moved in a bit and was staring at the little brown child.

"Umm, hello?" the child of earth said, interrupting our conversation. we both  look at her and she shrinks back in... awe? Yes,  we are glorious. Oh, wait, that might be fear.

"Apologies, little one, welcome to our world," the resident maid says, "Do you have a name?" I doubt she would. I didn't.

So the little one speaks; "I-I'm Wick Stralam. Where are we?" Oh. This one does have a name.

"Well, why don't I have a name?!" I begin to rant while Eth tries to calm me down. Wick just looks between us, eventually trying to intervene.

"Umm- I could give you a name, if you would like?" Wick pipes up. Of course I want a name, it's kinda important, ya know! Something to base your entire being around and defend to the death. But that is more conducive to a family name. Hmm, what do I have to defend? Do I really need-

"I'd like to call you..." 

"Chaos." Eth interrupts. Come on, I'm not that strange. And that was surprisingly rude from you, Eth. Although, the name is rather fitting for one such as myself, who not many can comprehend, let alone understand.

"Well, that was rude. Not arguing, but rude." The little one looks at me and starts to giggle. "Oh, come on, give me a break!" I start stomping back to the room.  The dirt girl follows after me, still laughing her ass off. Eth continues to chase after me, annoyingly.


The three of us sit around the table in the midst of the room, conversing. "But where did MY room come from, yours was already here, no?"

"Yes, and I'm not sure," Eth responds, "Al I know is that I have never seen a room such as the one you described to me anywhere. And I have searched the entire loop many times over." Wait. This place is a loop? That would have been nice to know when I was wandering around for oh so many shouts.

The silt kid speaks up from her high chair, "Do you think that I might have a room, Ma'am?" oh, she must be referencing Eth with that, I'm nobody's ma'am. Too much has happened to disprove any notion of politeness I had ever had. Too many deaths.

"If Chaos is loathe to answer, then I shall," Oh, so it was directed at me. Well she said ma'am, so no. She couldn't have. I got rid of that title after the first revolution. "You may have a room, but we have not seen it. We will have to check the loop sometime in the future, perhaps after figuring out what made you animate in the first place."

"Oh, alright. I can wait." 

Eth then turns back to me. What did I do wrong? Oh wait, we were talking. I speak first, "So, how about those statues, where do they come from, I mean the people." Maybe they're former residents of this loop... I dunno.

"I am not exactly positive of the nature of these statues, but I can tell you that none of them come from the same world." 

"So," I respond after a moment of thought, "does that mean that there's a limited number of worlds?" There are not enough statues, after all.

"Well, I've been here my  entire life, so do either of you know of any other worlds? Because I assume that the both of you are otherworldly in origin." I am NOT telling her about my previous life, after all, I think she wouldn't like to hear it.

"Well," I say, "I don't remember anything before I woke up here, does she?" We both look at the little one. Honestly, I want to know what kind of ether she came from, too. She kinda just looks down in... fear? Embarrassment? Worry? I can't tell.

"Umm, I actually used to be a guy?" Wait, what? "I was in that ether for... so long, I can't remember much about my life. I do think I was poor though." Okay, that was not expected at all. Have I forgotten anything about my own past? Nah, all my memories seem just about intact. Though, that does make me wonder what being a man would feel like... I'll try it later.

"I am not so sure what to say to that, mostly because I don't know what a man is, so I would like to ask: shall we go search for your room?" Eth showed a lot of uncertainty, weakness, as she spoke. Not that it much matters, topics will be avoided and I'm fine with that.

We rise and head over to the door of Eth's room, open it, and head out to find a room.

We wander around for a bit, talking about the rather limited amount of topics we have to choose from, considering one of us has no memories, one has lived here all their life, and I'm committing to a lie. Subjects such as the Creator, the Ether, and Eth's goddess powers are discussed. She gave me a strange look as I asked about them, almost as if she was either bewildered that I couldn't do it too or that she believed I already could.

"I never considered that I couldn't do these things, speaking of which, how do you know that you can't do it as well?" She... she raises a good point. Maybe I can. Well, why don't I try.

"What are you doing?" The earth kid asks as I hold out my arm and stop moving. Eth grabs the kid and pulls them away. My fingers start a-tingling, my legs start vibrating, my head feels pressurized, and my ears pop. Translucent rays of liquid purplish light spill from my hand, and onto the ground, where it fills the air, fading into a gas. I smile.

"I did it! Yes!" I jump around, excited as hell. Eth stares at me with a very judging gaze. The amount I care is very little, at least about what others think of me. Too many bad opinions, too little time.

"Um," I hear from a bit down the hall again, "I think I found something! Over here!" Eth and I immediately turn around and start running towards the kid. I proceed to fall over a trailing vine from one of the gardens, and land smack on my face.

The story begins to develop. Thanks for the read!

0