Ch 6 – Room, Power, Thought
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We three stand in front of a door of stone, what we think is mud baby's room. Eth excitedly talks to her about my accident, and I decide to just ignore it. "She slid nearly 20 feet!"

The kid looked very confused. I can't relate much. To be honest, I just wanted to see what was in that room, so... I walk over to the door while they're distracted and try and push it open.

I feel a strange heat moving across my back, so I turn to check what my fellows were doing. They're staring at me. I think I screwed up (In their eyes) somehow. So, might as well get it over with. I push harder on the doors, which aren't budging. I'm pretty sure I could have knocked down a tree by this point, so why can't I open these doors?

"Uh, what are you doing,” The little one asked, "Isn't that my room?" Well, I guess it may be yours, but didn't I make you? Shouldn't I be able to access anything connected to you, like higher privileges? Though, the door didn't open for me, so I expect the Creator's authority in creating this place for the little one trumps my own. 

I give the door one last shove, and step back with a sigh. "Haah, maybe you can open it, shorty," I tell the shorty. Her greyish eyes glanced at the door in surprise, and her dull sandy gray hair flipped around with her head as she moved towards what was, supposedly, created for her. 

Small hands fit into the carvings upon the great stone blocks of doors. The seams in between where the doors would meet shake and become deeper, deeper, like they were fused before. So that was why I couldn't open it. Funny. The creator is a dick.

The doors start to grind open, shaking the ground. Little Wick opens her arms out wide, reaching the limit of her wingspan. Wouldn't it be so cool to be able to fly? I'll have to work on that if I can find the time. Maybe I can attach everything to the base of the shoulder blades? Perhaps closer to the center of mass would be better? Hm. 

 I'm jolted out of my thoughts as Eth pats my shoulder while walking over to help the kid. Can I really call her a kid, though? She's like, hardly older than me, at least in this world. I follow in thought, while the door opens yet further. From where I can see, the room is just really dark. My room and Eth's had lighting, though I guess they all might be different.

"Woah, this place looks awesome!" I hear Wick say. Well, now I'm intrigued too. I move faster to catch up to them, and slide through the door. The room inside is, as expected, dark, but there's a faint glow, like really faint moonlight.

Of course, I look up, as folks do when they're out in the night when the Moon's out. What I find is rather more baffling then a simple moon, what I see is stars dotting the ceiling, and there is a ceiling, seemingly of a cave. The... stars aren't stars. As I look at them longer I notice the strange shapes that they are, almost insectoid. Sort of beetle shaped?

They move, if slowly; it's fascinating! And further in I can see some sort of chandelier-looking thing. I wonder... "Hey Chaos, what do you think?" Hm? Oh, I guess the kid is trying to get my attention, so of course I turn around to check out what she wants. She looks normal, but what is behind her, on the other hand, is most definitely out of the ordinary.

 She stands in front of a large cave-like opening on the left side of the entrance , and beyond her is a huge cavern that I can't see the end of. Instead of an end, what I do see are some very strange patterns on the walls. Holes, so many that it seems like the walls are covered in some vaguely glowy lattice. Do they all go to different places like in mine? I can't see.

"I just touched it and all of this lit up! Isn't that so cool?" Wick sounded really excited. She reminds me of what I could've had... I smile bitterly, it might not be the best idea to reflect on that yet. 

"Yeah, it's pretty cool, do ya wanna try climbing it?" My curiosity is piqued, and I am nothing if not a creature of impulse. Though I am a goddess now, so I suppose a divine of impulse is more appropriate. That sounds awesome, Divine of Impulse.

"What, how? They aren't-" 

"Like this!" I, ignoring whatever she was about to say, proceed to jump off of the ledge of the hole we are on. I try to get a grip on some of the vine-looking lattice, but to my chagrin, I find that the stuff isn't even bound to the wall, and as I grab it, simply tears. On the other hand, I did see small caves in the holes behind the vines, so I suppose that may be a nice hiding spot.

Anyways, I'm falling. I'm also holding a glowing vine. Yes, it does feel like a plant, however hollow. Though a bit more rubbery. You know, I may want to stop being distracted by things other than the fact that I'm falling into a place that is most likely going to hurt a lot. Mostly because, from what I can see, the ground by the walls, where I am, is covered by crystalline protrusions. 

Those will hurt. A lot. Fear rushes through my system, ever a stimulant, and pushes me into action, even though my intelligent mind says that it would be fine. I flip onto my front and stretch out my hands in front of me. Self preservation taking control, an incomprehensible mist of violet, indigo, and darkness with speckles of light flies from my fingers, coalescing in my predicted landing location. Faster and faster I fall, the vines blurring into patterned blue-green blurs. 

I land upon a bed of nebulae, clouds of the night sky, my body not broken as my subconscious seemed to expect. Not that it would break, of course, if I hadn't put down the clouds. As I lay on the pointed crystals (Which feels rather good), having fallen through the magical clouds, I stare up into the beautiful colors, purple, blue, dark yellow, with speckles of a few colors in between, like the dark sky.

And I see a small child hopping down the neigh-vertical wall that I just fell past. My creation is coming to say hi. Oh no. I close my eyes and enjoy the bed of spikes while I can. I'm a bit exhausted, if I haven't made it clear. Ugh.

It's been a month, and I finally managed to publish two months in a row. Sorry that all these chapters are short, but I'm not very good at staying on one story for a long time.

I hope you guys enjoyed this stuff, and if you want more, just ask. 

Any recommendations on where to improve?

0