Ch 7 – Concern, Magic, Cave
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I lay on the ground while Cave Kid whines, "Are you okay? Those look sharp! Can you hear me? Chaos!" I sigh internally. Look, I just figured out that I can use my powers without thinking that hard, okay? I'm a bit ecstatic. I sit up, almost hitting Wick on the way. She stumbles back and I shake my head.

"So, what'd ya want?" I ask her. Perhaps she forgot we were gods? 

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay! There's only the three of us, right? We need to stay together!"

"Well, then where's Eth?" I say from my starting-to-get-painful seat. I refuse to let inanimate objects dictate my decisions, so here I shall stay. Wick's eyes open a bit wider, and she looks up, where Eth is rather clumsily making her way down a rickety set of translucent stairs. She's coming fast.

She falls, and lands on the spikes.

She ACTUALLY lands on the spikes!

Maybe she thought that they weren't dangerous because Wick and I were on them or whatever, but these things are sharp!

Eth screams as a crystal spike impales her foot, collapsing to the ground, hopefully not causing more injury. Wick runs over, again apologizing profusely. Hmm, I guess I should help, at least this time. I do have some experience with dressing wounds. Not so much recently, though.

So, I rise off of my bed of thorns to go and help my screaming companion. She is my first new friend. She can not die, or be otherwise hurt. A new start. I meander my way over to where she is, and start to chant. Or mumble.

"Doh dy don dye don die dont die don't DIE!" I yell. Dirt baby jumps back, and Eth flinches.

"Why did you do that?" Wick looks wide eyed at me, "don't hurt her more!" She goes to look at Eth, and is seemingly surprised about the lack of a wound on her. I don't respond, instead looking my friend in the eyes. Her wide open eyes.

"wha- what did you just do? I can't feel it anymore..." She's in shock. I put my hand in hers, "Hey, calm down, it's alright." I say in a way that is hopefully not too worrying and at least a bit reassuring. "You're in shock, just focus on breathing." This I can do, this I can do. Not emotions, but I know how to handle trauma.

She curls up to cry and I hug her. Physical helps, I think? She cries for a unnamed amount of time, because the time in this place doesn't seem to work if no one notes its passing. But regardless, after some time, she sniffles and looks at me to ask, "Could we please return to my room?" In an ever so small voice.


I lay my friend down on her bed, where she falls asleep. Speaking of which, I haven't, or seen anyone, sleep since I came here. Strange. Just more proof, I suppose.

I jump over the railing of her room's half second floor to land in front of Wick with a little flourish, like a stage performer. She gives me a look, and I give her one back. "Could you not do that thing you did earlier again?" What is she even asking?

"Not do what? Help a friend?" I smile, "I could easily not do that." I know how to deal with snark, dissent was a rather common occurrence. But, she's crying. Oh. Do personal relationships not have defined power structures? I think I have no idea what I'm doing.

I stand up, she looks at me. She's angry. I know that look. I try and think of what to say, but nothing comes to mind. I walk away, and leave the room.

I wander in the almost harsh light of the open hall that is my new home. I think, when was the last time I actually thought I understood someone? Was it when I was, like, fifteen? I won't think of her. I hope they don't mind my strange mannerisms too much and that Wick doesn't think bad of me and Eth is okay- Stop.

I can't think like this anymore. I will just lead myself to more pain. 

I wander for a little while more, looking at statues, looking at gardens. I try my best to calm myself by attempting to link a few of the statues with their respective environments in the gardens. I actually do find a few of them that match up, like Feesious the Big (who was holding a tree), and that same tree being in a garden a few yells away.

I walk past the entrance to my own room. I wonder... I haven't explored my room nearly as much as Eth's or Wicks. Maybe I should. I walk up to the doors, made of wood, and push them open. I take a breath, and walk in. The room is just about how it was the first time I was in there, with the exception of some plants being in different places. 

The path towards the cylindrical arcades ends at the base of a beautiful tree, a tree of no consistent leaf shape or profile, constantly dropping ethereal leaves to the ground, where they vanish. The towering series of layered arches seems to go up forever, yet terminates at a dome, visible as if only twenty floors up. Silent, serene disorder. I take a seat underneath the tree, and shut my eyes.

Sleep abandons me for contemplation, and I idly play with the abilities while laying my delusions upon my surroundings for a while. My mind clears of emotion, and in it's place comes passion, determination, will. To figure out truth, truth that seems to come from my delusions, which I have cast aside. Ugh.

I open my eyes, to see a world of my mind's imaginings. Memories, I see Jade, Them, and HER. I see many invasions and assaults upon myself and others, I see solitude, rising above, fear, falsity, lies. I struggle to grasp for control, I pull, with my iron will, my passion for discovery, I reign in my delusions.

What... Oh. My room slowly pieces itself together again. The tree never left. I can control my room. No more - stairs! I flee up my friendly ramps to see what the portrait-like arches on the outside have to offer.

I see worlds, of a sort.

I can change them.

Woohoo! first actual intense event! Thanks for reading. I am sorry that I can't publish faster. It's been a month, but I'm a slow writer. Sorry again. Hab gud dai.

1