Ch 8 – Reflection, Shenanigans, Riffraff
29 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm back! A bit late, but I hope you guys enjoy this thing.

The arch (Or a portal, I'm not picky about terminology) that I ended up in front of held some interesting stuff. Inside is a rather nice-looking golden field, glittering under the sun, and dotted very sparsely with trees of amber. Gilded Grasslands, huh. Y'know, maybe I can make things with stuff from these places, like a machete.

Do these lead from this world to another? Or were they just strange little rooms? Well, if I check around the back of it... Hm. There's no wall, so I can assume this is a fake space or another world.

I wonder if I could get to my former world from here? Not that I'd want to. It would be interesting, though. I wander further up in the spiral of worlds. 

I see such a dizzying variety of worlds and locations, different environments, that only three of the neigh infinite arched floors through I begin to lose my focus, and ended up simply staring through one gate into a world of mountains composed only of cliffs.

I wonder if this is the kind of chaos that I embody. Eth could be Order, I could be Chaos, then what is Wick? Perhaps I could find out using the Orb. Do I need to eat? I wonder if anything in these portals tastes good.

Ooh, wait, maybe I could give some ingredients to Michael for a favor. I stick my head into a portal leading to what seemed to be the center of a nebula. I could still breathe, and the colors were something out of an overactive imagination. Deep blue, lighter green, shining orange, and bright red mists crowded my vision. 

I hear a voice through the mist. "Hey, hey, can you hear me?" I responded with a yes. "Then get out of there" wait what? I turn around and see Wick behind me. I jolt, lose my balance, and with all of the grace in the world, I fall into the arch.

I hear a shout as I drift down at the same time. I wonder for a moment if this place, out of all of them, is infinite, and I just had the shittiest luck. There doesn't seem to be any gravity here, so I would just drift for ever and ever.

Luckily, I don't have to worry about that, really. Not that I was, really, I would welcome the silence to brood. I feel a hand grip my ankle just as it was about to get too far away, and my motion halts.

I look back to find my good friend Wick barely holding on to me with one arm, and the other holding on to the edge of the door. I float up next to her, and tell her to let go.

She looks at me like I'm insane, then opens her mouth to respond, but no sound comes out. Then she looks at me weird again, so I just tell her that it's a secret. I just decided to be able to talk, and I could, is that so hard to understand? Apparently.

I turn away from her, and fly into the nebula. Finally, my delusions from before are real here! I let out a little chuckle, which apparently sounded more than a little weird, considering Wick's reaction of mouthing something with some very serious intonation. I grab her to show her how cool what I'm doing is, and she struggles. Why? This is fun.

Then, once we got around two yells from the hole in space which had let us in here, we just stop. It wasn't me who stopped us, and I can't move us any more. I think I know who's to blame, though. I giggle as I look at Wick, her expression of anger and surprise is funny.

"Why, pray tell, did you do that?" She rumbled, surprising even herself, rather, mostly herself.

"I knew you could do it!" I let go of her and clapped my hands. She flails around for a moment, leading me to just laugh more, then goes back to glaring at me.

"That didn't answer my question, you know." Wick growled. Around her, some small stones begin to form , but she doesn't seem to notice them. I proceed to point them out, and while she's surprised, I zoom my way past her.

She just grabs one of the stones around her, and throws it at me. Now, things travel surprisingly fast if one can mostly ignore the laws of the world, and there is nothing to slow them down. I was brained in the back of my pretty skull by a rock the size of my fist, going very fast.

I tumbled head over heels into the portal, and flew out of it going much faster than I expected. I went across the hall, then through the arch, then over the tree, then into a supporting pillar on the other side of the room. Face first. Very comedically.

I flop off of the pillar, fall, and hit the ground rather hard. It hurts, but I know that I can't be hurt, so that is one small consolation. I can see Wick peeking over the edge of the low stone wall that didn't really help me. I lay upon the rocks, over a stream which flowed under the tree.

She yells down, "Stay there, I'll help you!" Then she disappears from the arch. I decide, why not play a little prank? What if I'm just... Not there when she arrives?

A little while later, she arrives at the bottom, looking very ruffled from falling down ramps. Yeah. No stairs in this room. She looks around, confused, and then huffs and walks out.

Heh. Wait, she doesn't seem like she got the prank, she looks angry. "Hey, Wait!" I call out while appearing above her. She glances up in shock, cringing back as if I were going to fall on her. I don't, because I'm flying, and she realizes that soon enough.

"For fuck's sake, stop chasing me! You're like my mom-" her eyes went wide, and I froze for a moment, just long enough for her to run the rest of the way out of the hall, and away, away, into the depths!

I start flying towards the top of the domed ceiling, completely ignoring whatever has just happened.

Might be a bit late next month, but I got the chaps planned out, so I might be able to get it done quick. The gods are finally starting to argue! This makes me very happy.

0