CH 11 – Ascend, Wind, Tend
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm not shitting a give. I speed up, the wind roaring in my ears. The ceiling is not getting any closer. This very much disappoints me.

It FEELS like I'm going higher, but my vision obviously disagrees with me. I mean, if I look to my sides, I see layers of these arches passing me at high speeds, why am I not going closer to the ceiling? 

Maybe some bastard is stopping me from going higher. Hmmm.

"REVEAL THINESELF, YE WHO BLOCKS MY PATH!" 

That is definitely intimidating enough. I continue to fly, but I eventually start to slow down. Where the hell are they? I very obviously requested that they come out. I would have never have allowed such insubordination in the past, but I am a more merciful sovereign now. All is within my domain!

Except Eth. She was here before me, and was made by the highest of powers. Divine right and all that.

If I am a Empress... God-Empress now, then I should have more power in my domain, which is what this room is. Therefore, another entity must be preventing me from getting to the top, because that defies my wishes. 

I glance at a point in the air where there seems to be a disturbance, twist, and snap one of my hands towards it. My limb sinks into the empty space in the air, and I grab a fistful of hair.

Now, deep within my mind, I'm a bit surprised that that worked, so I hesitate a moment, slowing down, before pulling on the hair. The rift stretches, pulling on my hand and sticking to it like some sort of goop. Kinda like pulling something out of a person, World knows I've done that enough. This time it's hair, though, which is kinda disconcerting. 

I continue dragging the hair out. Once I've pulled enough to be able to see it, I find that it is a silvery white (as opposed to Eth's stark white), and that dimensional rifts make a weird sucking, slurping sound. It's also covered in night sky looking, translucent goop.

The head followed, and soon after, the rest of the body. When I can see most of the torso, they begin to struggle. 

Of course, I had expected this. I fling them the rest of the way out of the rift, which plops shut like a rock dropped in a pond, a drip of the rift floating in the air behind the figure I threw. I fly after the flailing person, and tie him up in pink spectral ropes.

He squirms for a bit, shouting incoherently, then his wandering eyes catch sight of me. He seems quite different from that dirt kid I made. I kinda like it. He speaks up, "Who are you? Where are we? What do you want?" all asked in rapid succession. I changed my mind, this kid's annoying.

A kid he is, too. He's this skinny little child, just skin and bones. Kinda triggers my motherly instinct. I shiver. Nope, never.

Spinning away from him, I flee the scene before he calls out "At least untie me and let me down, you madlady!" Oh yeah. We are quite a bit up in the air, and he's tied up... wait, he can control the air!

I instantly zip back ion front of him, and say in the most serious tone, "You will bring me to the top of this room, whatever ya name is." 

"My name's... Oh soul, I can't remember my own name. By the Light! What am I doing?" he curls up in a little ball like a pussy and starts to cry. I reach out to try and comfort him, but realize that I have never comforted anyone in my entire existence. Might as well try.

"Hey, Hey, I didn't know my name when I came here."

He raises his head, "Really?" He looks hopeful.

"I just had to make my own. Call me Chaos!" I put my hand on my chest between my breasts, "You can be Wind, because that's what you control!" I use my other hand to point at him.

He looks doubtful, and a bit uncomfortable when I get close, but he seems to accept it. "Now, let's go up!" I grab him and begin to fly straight up once more. He's still wrapped up in the thread and naked, so it's pretty easy to carry him like a briefcase. "Spread the wind, little one!"

An apparently long pause later, he responded, having to yell to be heard over the roaring wind, "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

"JUST DO IT."

"Eigh! Whatever, here!" He raises an arm, obviously doubting his own power. Of course, he is wrong.

The wind instantly stills, and I cackle as little Wind stares at his hand in amazement. He has no idea what he can do at all, does he?

Next thing I know, I encounter the feeble resistance of the ceiling. I didn't expect it to be as fragile as paper. It even feels like some sort of canvas.

I tear through it first, quickly followed by the one that I'm carrying. We fly out of a rift (like the last one, but more dry) into a void.

The most notable thing about this void is that it contains a gargantuan sphere of earth. Sand, silt, clay, and the like. Everything except any kind of stone or ore.

The layer of earth is thin, though, and in the center is the twisting patters of Eth and I, seemingly projected from a point in the ring we just came out of.

Oh yeah, there is a huge ring around this planet, and our exit tore a hole through which we can see into my lair through.

It looks a bit like what I saw in the orb with some dirt around it.

Of course, everything comes to an end. "Get the heck back inside" A godly force shoves us back through the tear, and divine planks are nailed, covering it. I fall theough the air for SO much less time than I spent going up.

I thump into the branches of my tree, which smacks me to the side, opting instead to catch Wind.

I shake my fist at it while holding my spine. "Curse you, yeh damned plant!"

My pride has never been besmirched as much as by a tree that can't even talk. Oh what a day for me. I glance over at Wind, and even as he groans, I grin.

I grab the base of the tree, and start to shake it back and forth. The tree seems to get what I am trying to do, and throws him against the wall of the room. He did not expect that, but instead of damaging the wall, like I did, he just kinda floofs off of the wall.

I mean, he is the wind god. Makes sense to me.

The wind kid is here. This should be fun.

0