Chapter 2
1.5k 10 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You guys choose option 2: Say hi and survey the damage.
I hope you like the cover I made.

I am not sure when I will get back to my other series. Sorry for the delays.

I do feel a bit guilty for saying all that stuff to her. This is probably the best time to apologize, especially if we ever run into each other. Taking a deep breath gathered all my courage and started walking down the hall. Natalie is wearing jeans and a sweater, her silver hair matched her light blue eyes. If you were able to find this comment "Bow bodi", I will idk respond in kind.

Natalie noticed me walking down the hallway and gave me an over zealous hand wave and a big smile. I gave her a small wave in response.

"Hi Jetson, It's good to see you.", Natalie shouted.

Has I got closer to her, I realized that she was standing next to someone. What. Oh it's just my sister, Jen. She made me promise to give her a tour of campus because she was a freshmen. I suspected she just wanted to bully me though. But I agreed neither the less, much to the chagrin of my friends who wanted to go to some party. Dao and Gil would live a night without me participating in one their schemes.

"Hey, how's it going?", I said.

"Oh, I didn't know you two knew each other", Jen said.

"Yeah, we used to work together. How do you guys know each other?", said Natalie.

"Jetson is my brother.", Jen said.

"Wow, you too really don't look a like.", Natalie said surprised.

It was true, and something that often surprised people. I was adopted, it really wasn't something I went around telling people. I had blondish hair and Jen had dark brown hair, I had blue eyes and she had brown and a tanner completion. I was taller than everyone else in my family while Jen was the shortest. Jen and I were around the same age, though I had I graduated high school a semester earlier than Jen and had started college right away.

"Yeah, I guess we don't" I said with a shrug, "I didn't know you came here.", I said changing the topic.

"Well I just started", Natalie said.

"Cool, what major?", I said.

"Fine Arts."

"Fun. Well it was good seeing you again.", I said trying to bring an end to the conversation.

I know I was going to apologize but she didn't seem too mad and I'd rather not explain to my sister why I was apologizing. I liked having a barrier between my life and my family. My sister was the only one that I would occasionally drop it and share my life with.

Turning my attention to my sister I asked her, "Well we should probably get going. Do you have everything?".

"Yeah I have everything", she said doubling checking that she had her keys, phone, and wallet. She was very forgetful and would often place her phone down and leave it places. It had been kinda of a routine to double check with her before leaving somewhere.

"Oh what are you guys up to?", Natalie asked curiously.

"Jetson, is giving me a tour of the campus. Hey roomie you should come too.", she said oblivious to the death glare I was giving her.

Fuck. Their room mates, and now I was going to have to be around Natalie the whole night.

"Oh Jen, I wouldn't want to intrude on whatever Natalie had planned.", I said.

"Oh it's fine I don't have anything planned and it sounds like fun.", Natalie said with a smile.

"Great, what do you have planned first?", Jen said with familiar gleam in her eyes and a mischievous smile spreading on her face.

Well at least Natalie was acting normal, maybe I could through this night without going insane.

"let's go to the library.", I said scavenging my route from my memory.

The library was really interesting place. It had tons of seemingly secret passages to buildings all around campus. It had several floors with different themes: computer labs, structural materials, VR, 3d printing, moving book shelves, old transcripts, art show case, study rooms, and a lounge. The library was mostly underground and had a garden on top.

It was actually pretty fun, even when the moving book shelves started moving and we had to run out of the aisle. We would find and look at the transcripts. Jen an English major stared in wonder at the enormity of books encompassing the library. The 3D printing station had free 3d printed key chains, it was also right next to the VR station. The three of us took turns with the VR headset, one person would experience the wonders of the world and the other two snickered at how ridiculous they looked avoiding invisible obstacles.

Natalie for her part stayed on me like a shadow, I swear at any given time she was less then a meter from me. It reminded me of back when I was working with her, she would often hoover around me and act like she was doing something. My boss would send her to work on the other side of the store but I could still feel her unblinking gaze on me. That was another thing about her, I could count the number times I've seen her blink on one hand. It took me a while to notice that fact, but after that I couldn't help but see if she'd blink. At least she wasn't wearing cat ears.

After the library, we explored the campus without any rhyme or reason. We past plaques varies department buildings and dorms. It looked like Alpha Sigma was having another rager tonight. It was nice taking time to appreciate the sights that the university offered.

It was getting dark and we hadn't eaten yet. So we decided to get something to eat. As we were walking Natalie tripped on the sidewalk, she reached out and grabbed my arm to stabilize herself. I jumped when she touched me, as a general rule I really don't like it when people touch me. I was about to ask if she was ok, but I stopped when I saw the blissful expression on her face.

"Why'd you stop? lead the way Jetson.", Natalie said while tightly hugging my arm to her chest. Looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Hey watcha two doing?", Jen said chuckling at my discomfort. "You two look like couple", she continued.

"No it's not like that", I said trying not to let any embarrassment show. The wench feed off of it, teasing me was a bit of a pass time for her.

"Could you let go of me please. It's a little hard to walk like this.", I asked Natalie. As we continued to shuffle forward.

"But you walk too fast, you're legs are too long and it's hard to keep up.", she said while tightening her grip on my arm.

"He is too tall, he even gets nose bleeds when he changes elevation to quickly. Like when he sits down.", Jen teased.

"Yeah keep laughing, hey maybe after dinner we can go and find your pot of gold." I said teasing her right back.

"You have a pot of gold?", Natalie asked Jen with absolute seriousness.

I looked at Jen and she looked back at me. Then we both started laughing.

"Yeah, and Jetson is the model for the green giant", she said with a laugh.

"Those would actually be interesting Halloween costumes. It wouldn't be that hard to make you like a leprechaun. Both of us would be completely covered in green. Natalie what would you dress as that's all green?", I asked. I'd like my arm back Natalie.

She fell silent for a minute and we continued our pace.

"A Dragon", Natalie finally said.

"Oh and why's that?", asked Jen.

"They're really interesting creatures. They're one of the few animals that we eat, but they don't eat us.", she said thoughtfully.

"One of the few? Have you ever seen one?", I asked. Does she believe that? Is she messing with me?

"No, but my uncle has.", she said a matter of factly.

"ok", Jen said ending the conversation. Jen seem to revival in Natalie's weirdness but to me it was cringe.

We finally made it to the restaurant. Natalie finally let go of me, we found a booth and I sat down on one side and gestured to Jen to sit next to me. She grinned and sat across from me, the little troll. Natalie given the opportunity sat next to me. When I say next to me I mean right next to me, my right side was making more contact then it wasn't. Fuck.

"Bibles width apart", Jen teased returning to her favorite game. I was thinking more like bibles length apart.

After placing our order Natalie turned to me.

"This place is kinda chilly." she said looking at me expectantly. Ok how is that my problem? What am I supposed do? Complain to the manager? I don't have a jacket to give you.

"Umm, I think they may have outside dining. It's a little warmer out there, if you want we can move.", I offered. That's actually not a bad idea, we would be sitting in chairs and I would be able to get some space from Natalie.

"I think I would be plenty warm in your arms.", she said giving me puppy dog eyes again. She really did have pretty eyes. It was rare when a girl was this forward with me.

 "Uhhh... hey look the food is here", I said thankful the waiter choose that moment to serve us.

Thankful for the distraction and excuse to use both of my hands. We all started eating, Jen was playing with her food. I could tell that she was planning something she seemed a bit bitter for some reason. I just kept on eating. After I was done I excused myself to the restroom.

When I got back only Natalie was sitting at the table.

"Hey Jen just left and she said something having homework, and leaving us "love birds" alone. She also ordered us dessert.", I asked Natalie. That wench left me the bill and alone with Natalie.

"Oh, that's unexpected this outing was her idea.", I said while sitting across from her. Wait she just blinked, probably the first time this evening.

"She seem a bit sick and left in the middle of our conversation.", she said absentmindedly.

"What were you two talking about?", I asked, maybe she said something weird to make her bail.

"Oh I was just asking when we get married, would that mean I could call her my sister. I have always wondered what it would be like to have siblings.", she mused. Fuck, time to go. I could hear warning bells going off in my head. Sadly it wasn't the first time.

"Ok, damn I think I have homework I need to do as well.", I said waving down a waiter.

After I payed the bill. I boxed the dessert and Jen's food. I used the two out boxes as a deterrent against Natalie hugging my arms again. I held both boxes awkwardly in both hands on purpose. I started speed walking, maybe she'd take a hint. It was fully dark outside.

 

"Hey slow down. I can't keep up if you're walking so fast.", giggled Natalie and grabbing arm and taking the box in her grasp. "Let me take one", she said while looping her arm around mine. But maybe this would be the best time to apologize. I slowed done my pace.

"hehe I finally caught you.", she said seemingly to herself. Well I don't know how to deal with that, so I'll have to process that later.

"Hey I just wanted to apologize, and see that you didn't hold a grudge for me yelling at you last time we spoke on the phone.", I said.

"Jetson, how could I ever stay mad at you. You're just too cute.", she said. It felt weird receiving a complement.

Good I can see our dorm from here.

"Yeah ha ha, that's definitely me", I said sarcastically.

As we walked she rested her head on my shoulder.

When we entered the dorm she asked, "So what are you doing tomorrow?".

"Oh you know... I have a lot of school work and later in the week I need go to work. All said and done, my week is pretty jammed packed.", I said seeing the finish line in front of me.

"That's a shame, say where do you work?", she said innocently, but I could see a gleam in her eyes.

"Oh, I do this and that. Hey isn't this your room?", I said evading her question. I worked at a grocery store stocking shelves.

"Yeah it is.", she said while looking up at me.

"Well you can have the dessert. I guess see you when I see you.", I said. I placed the dessert box on top of her other box. She didn't let go of my arm.

"Is there anything else you want to give me, before I go inside?", she said hopefully. I was hoping she wouldn't pull something like this.

"I think you have everything", I said as she finally released my arm. Please take the hint. Please take the hint.

"ok", she mumbled. Yes! I turn around but stopped when she grabbed my shirt.

"Wait, please come back.", she said in whimper. I turned around from freedom back to her.

"Sorry if I was being too subtle, but I like you. I would like to end this perfect night with a kiss on the door step.", she said with puppy dog eyes. I could her the hurt in her voice. I really wanted to comfort her, but I know that I am not 100% comfortable being around her. I don't see that changing, and is a recipe for a break up.

  1. Remain silent.
  2. Politely decline, and explain that you're not ready for that stage of your relationship. Damn friend zoning people sucks.
  3. Just kiss her. Even though you're not ready for a relationship with her.
  4. Lie and say you're actually gay.
  5. "accidentally" fall and hit your head. Pretend you have amnesia and don't know who she is.
Let's give this one a whole week. Yes 4 and 5 are jokes. I feel like this is lesser quality. That's what I get for trying to pump this out in a day.

What should I do?
  • 1 Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 2 Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 3 Votes: 11 34.4%
Total voters: 32 · This poll was closed on Sep 3, 2021 05:09 AM.
28