Chapter 6
715 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It feels strange doing this.

The boys were mad that I bailed on the trip. I wonder what they would have thought if I told them who I am going with.

We traveled for several hours, hell I think we even crossed a few state lines. I don't know what state we even are in. I think we took interstate 78 north for a few hours.

The winter wonder land before us, was a treat that I don't usually get to see. I guess I kinda forgot other places were still in winter. Back at home we could get away with short sleeves but up here I had to bundle up. I am not used to the frigid weather outside. Though I did enjoy watching the winter mountains covered in snow pass by. It kinda reminds me of the times my uncle would take me and my sister skiing. It was snowing pretty heavily.

We left around noon on Friday. It was some federal holiday on Monday so we essentially had a three day weekend. Natalie had insisted that we there as soon as possible.

Natalie was in a pleasant mood. She was humming the same song over and again. It was kinda of sad and sweet like an uncommon lullaby.

Natalie had insisted on taking her car, which was fine by me. I didn't want to put that many miles on my car. But I kinda of felt guilty because she didn't even let me chip in for gas, she said that having me along was well worth it. I wasn't going to complain though.

We turned off the plowed highway and onto a snow filled path. It took considerably longer reaching the cabin than I thought it would. We had to slow down significantly when transferring the trail. It  didn't help that the further we went up the lower the visibility became. The snow was really coming down up here.

We pulled up to a decent looking cabin. Damn it looks nice. It was a part of a cluster of other cabins, though the others looked vacant.

"Hey, why don't you start bring stuff in while I turn on the heater and lights.", Natalie said.

"Sure", I replied, trying to bundle up from the intrusive cold.

I made my way to the back of the car and opened the trunk of the car. I took out my suit case and put on my back pack. For whatever reason she had brought tons of food. We were only going to stay up here for a few days. But she had enough for a couple weeks worth. I supposed her family liked stock piling them in the cabin or something. I began depositing the contents of the trunk in the entry hall, being careful not to track in snow on the pristine floor.

Natalie was at the fireplace coaxing a fire, right next to a sofa. The lights were dimmed and most of the illumination came from the fire.

After the fire was successfully self-sufficient, Natalie turned to me and said, "I need to get something from the car, I will be back in a bit.".

"Yeah, sure", I replied. I made my way to sofa and sat down bathing in the warmth of kindling fire.

I watched the fire begin to pop and crackle as the flame danced and licked across the tinder. Was this a dream? This doesn't feel like a situation I would normally be in. Why did I agree to go on this trip? Spending 1 on 1 time with Natalie wasn't something that I was planning. I guess I wanted to do something new? Am I over thinking this?

Maybe I wanted to see if I could have fun with Natalie. Maybe I was desperate to find a girl friend, and even someone as clingy and possessive as Natalie looked like a viable option.
Even so much that I looked over a lot of her obvious red flags. Did I really crave such a relationship? Which Jetson should I be? What Jetson is the one that Natalie knows? At work am professional, with the boys I am loud and energetic, but at home I tend to keep to myself. Was I ready to love? To be loved? I don't know, maybe I should just try to enjoy this trip instead, I was definitely over thinking this. I was here so I might see what happens, as they say 'In for a penny, In for a pound'.

It took a while for Natalie to return. She came back covered in snow and shivering a little. Funny, I didn't see her bring in anything. She shedded her coat and snuggled up next to me.

"It's so cold out there. I am going to get a cold if I don't warm up fast", she said, with her teeth chattering.

Did she go out there just to use this move? I have to applaud her for her dedication. I took off my coat as well and put an arm around letting her get closer. She happily took the opportunity and snuggled into my embrace resting her head on the crook of my shoulder. She inhaled in deep as if savoring the smell of my hair. I laughed a little feeling her breathe tickle the back of my neck.

"Is this better?", I said, my voice unintentionally a few octaves deeper.

She pulled away from me and stared into my eyes, she repositioned herself so that she was almost sitting on my lap. With a cold finger she traced the outline of my face, I shifted flinching for her cold touch.

With a smile she said, "It's perfect.". We remained like that in a trance. I studied her features in the illumination of the fire. I never realized how cute she looked with rosy cheeks and her silver hair colored orange in the fires light. A strand of hair fell in front of her face, I brushed the strand back and left my hand on her cheek. I began to lean forward the tension between us growing more and more with every millimeter.

*crack*

A loud pop came from the fire and we both jumped.

"So, um", I said, not really sure how to recover from that.

"So um.. are you hungry? I know a good tea recipe, it's really great. It helps you relax better.", she said.

"No, I am more tired then hungry.", I said, it was the truth for whatever reason I was exhausted.

"Why don't I show you to your bed", she said while biting her lower lip. I like where this is heading.

She picked up her bag and led me into one of the rooms. Inside the room lay a queen sized bed covered in thick blankets. Natalie started taking stuff out of her bag.

"So where's the bathroom?", I asked her. I figure if anything did happen tonight I would want to brush my teeth and make sure my breath was fresh and minty.

"Down the hallway on the left.", she said giving an enthusiastic smile.

I quickly found my bathroom utilities and the bathroom. I thoroughly brushed my teeth. Is this really happening? I felt both excited and nervous at the same time. I know something was going to get screwed up.

I got back to see a puzzling scene that almost killed my mood entirely.

Announcement

No poll today. But I will release the next chapter in less then 24 hours or whenever Lasterton comments. I have a few things I need to do for work/school first. Love you all.

 

 

It's a trap?
  • yes Votes: 30 57.7%
  • no Votes: 4 7.7%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Votes: 18 34.6%
Total voters: 52
20