Chapter 10
227 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey Y'all, this is the final chapter. Honestly I've never really ended one of these so here goes nothing. Thank you all for reading, commenting, or chatting with me on discord :3.

The awkward silence surrounded us, occasionally broken by the sobs of Natalie from my right. I was surprised it was this easy to get everything packed up and into the car with minimal resistance from Natalie.

I had hardly spared a word to her, since this morning. The scene still replayed in my memory, threatening to engrave itself into my collage of Fuck ups.

I tapped the steering wheel wishing there was something to fill the silence between us, as the engine sputtered to life. I glanced over to see her fumbling and twisting one of those heavy duty cop flashlights. Unscrewing, taking out the batteries and then putting it back together over and over again. I guess she found it in the glove compartment.

I could start some small talk but to be honest, I didn't wanted to acknowledge her existence. The thought of spending a moment longer, made me grind my teeth together. I was stuck in a void of bitterness continuously reminding myself of every reason why I should push her away. Every reminder of her helped me steel my resolve. I almost signed a sigh of relieve as stopped sobbing she, maybe the mood would grow less tense.

That's probably why I was so blindsided by the flashlight striking the side of my temple. In quick succession, well at least what felt like quick succession my head met Mr. Flashlight, Mr. stirring wheel, and lovable but late Mr. AirBag. The last thing I felt was blood dripping down my face as the stars in my vision grew into darkness.

_

Did I have a hang over? My head felt like it was throbbing, I could hear the pounding of blood in my ears. I groaned as I shifted around but it was muffed by a gag. The side of my face was covered in drool or possibly blood. I squinted my eyes trying to prevent my head from aching.

My fuzzy world was actually fuzzy, I was covered in stuffed animals. I tried getting up only to find my hands duct taped together behind back, and my legs were treated in a similar fashion.

I lay there for several minutes waiting for the world to stop spinning.

I was in a concrete box filled with card board boxes and shelf. A small nook was cleared me and my stuffed friends. I rested there for minute.

I heard shuffling across the room and a light filled the stair way.

I groggily followed Natalie's progress down the stairs.

I struggled in my bonds and tried shouting.

"Hey!", Natalie said with a welcoming greeting.

"I am sorry, I thought for sure you'd be out for another half hour.", she said as she crossed the room and crouched at my bound form.

I tried screaming every curse I knew at her.

"It's ok. It's ok. So I have some good news and some bad news, which one do you want first?", she said with cutesy tone.

I gave her a death stare.

"Oh don't be like that.", she said. "Anyways the car is totaled, but you're here with me. Isn't that Fantastic!", she said pantomiming jazz hands. "And we happen to have enough supplies to survive up here before I need to go back down in a few weeks.", she said clapping here hands together a smile spreading across her face.

"So now that we have all the time in the world, what do you want to do first?", she said snuggling into me, her arms spreading warmth across my cold skin.

"We've already played doctor", she said running a hand down my face. I winced as she touched a sore spot.

"You do need nursing back to health. But right now, I am just glad to be here with you.", she said holding my face and forcing me to look at her directly. She adopted a more somber expression.

"I really am a fool aren't I? I just can't let go.", she said holding me tighter and closer to her as she presses her forehead against mine as a pained smirk crossed her lips.

I tried shifting away from her.

"Hey hey, I promise you, I'll take care of you. There's really no need to look at me like that", she said with a giggle. "Besides, this is what happens when you fuck with my emotions like that." she said tapping my nose with her finger.

"You're probably the cruelest mother fucker to ever live.", she said as her smirk turned into a knowing smile.

"You can't just make me feel special like that, and then fucking remind what's like to feel a connection again. Then when I am finely getting used to the feeling of being loved again and then... what... disappear from my life? No no no no no.", she said her face hovering and growing more pained with every passing second. "NO. What type of sick joke is that. I know you love me, I saw it in your face yesterday, but you're just too flip'int.", she said with anger in her voice before calming down. "You know what you're problem is? You're either hot or cold, there's no in between with you. This wouldn't have happened if you just listened to me, hell nothings gone right. No, you're going to be on time out until you start behaving like a good boyfriend.".

"It's a good thing you're so cute. Don't worry, I'll break you down.", she said snuggling into me and closing her eyes.

Fuck.

Sleeping bound wasn't an easy task, especially with a crazy women on top of me. This was going to be along winter, but I would make my escape.

_

It was a few days later, I was able to find a loose screw in an outlet behind one of the stuffed animals. It'd take a while to get through these bounds. Natalie rarely left my side during that time. Sometimes, she'd draw other times she would read, and then she'd take care of her pet. She let me have the gag off as long as I don't scream or back talk too much.

"You know, this is the basement my grandparents feel in love in. Isn't that kinda of just fitting?", Natalie said off handily as she stroked her fingers through my hair.

"He was drafted into the army, and well she couldn't just let him get away. Apparently it was love at first sight for her, he didn't notice her until... he was her whole world, and she was the only person in his.", she said with a wistful smirk. "Funny I didn't exactly get it, until I met you. But I didn't exactly put together everything until I found some her love letters. If you want I could read them to you".

That sounded like an horrifying idea.

"So mental illness runs in your family. Makes sense.", I said dead tone.

"Someone wants quiet time. :3"

"Fuck you -_-"

_

A few weeks passed. Well it felt like weeks, it was hard to gauge the time.

The last few strands of the rope lay at my feet, I think Natalie was up stairs to starting to heat up some pasta. Using the wall as support I shakily used my legs for the first time in what seemed like days. Making my way up the stairs I paused and grabbed a small frying pan from one of the storage shelves.

I opened the door not trying to make a sound. I could hear Natalie Humming something. My socks muffed my approach as I crossed into the kitchenette. At this point I was shaking, it wasn't from the cold or my atrophied muscles. I slowly turned the corner and I could see and hear her better now. She was humming some sort of lullaby as she stirred her the pot. In a few steps I was behind her. I raised the frying pan as high as I could and then I then I.

*crash* the frying pan clattered to the ground, my hand dropping to the side.

I can't.

I... I can't.

Natalie stood there frozen looking at me terrified, and for the first time in weeks I didn't feel hatred. I looked down at my shaking hands. Without a moments hesitation I embraced her and swung her around me in a circle, our lips connecting like never before. Like that I collapsed in her arms, tears running down my cheeks as all hope of escape left my body. I was broken, corrupted, and what made it all worse, is that I don't know what I would do without her. She'd won, and was doomed to be lost.

"Hey, hey. It's alright.", she said reassuringly, as she tried wiping the tears from my face.

"I love you. I love you.".

It took me a moment, to register who had said those sobs of omission. They felt so foreign leaving my lips, like I had crossed an invisible line I've drawn in the sand. But the genie was out of the bottle now.

"I love you too", Natalie tried saying as tears started streaming down her face, and this time it was my turn to comfort her and wipe the tears from her cheeks. Soon we were laughing at the insanity of it all. We sat like that on the kitchen floor holding each other.

_

-__- Some time later.

_

I was taking a nap when I felt a the blankets shift.

"Hey sweetie", Natalie said giving me a goofy smile, "Whatcha ya doing?".

"Sleeping", I said responded.

"That's too bad because you look rather comfy in there. Do you mind if I come in and join you? Maybe some cuddles will wake you up." climbed on top of me.

"I could use another blanket", I said giving her letting shifting to make space.

"Mhmm Mhmm Mhmm Mhmm, come here let me hold you tight tight tight", she said as wiggled in a comfortable position next to my side.

"I was right, this is rather comfy", she said while running her hand up and down my torso.

A few moments past has we held each other.

Then with a mischievous grin she looked up at me and said "Oh hi, I didn't see you there. Come here often?".

That response earned her a peck on the nose.

"Is that all your going to give your wife? I think you're holding out on me.", she poking my chest "It's our anniversary after all".

"What are you talking about? Our anniversary isn't until spring", I said before kissing her.

"No it's the anniversary when I gotcha. My gotcha anniversary.", she said.

"Oh that, well now that you have me what are you going to do with me?", I said with a wink.

"I don't know, I guess We could go to dinner.", she said kissing me, "Maybe I'll tie you up, just like old times when you resisted our love.  *kiss* or *kiss* maybe *kiss* pretend *kiss* your trying to escape.", she said before

"That does sound like a plan, let's go to dinner first and then decide. Where do you want to go?", I asked.

"Definitely not that Italian place, I don't like the way that waitress was looking at you.", she said with a pout.

"You don't like they way any women looks at me. How about something homemade.", I said with a smile. I had gotten used to her jealously and controlling nature.

"That sounds... ok, but how are you going to do that when I am on top of you? I haven't given you permission to leave my arms.", she said with a devilish smirk.

"Alright, how about we order in.", I said moving a strand of hair away from her face.

"Perfect", she said right before giving me a long kiss.

It really was.

Spoiler

Originally I was going to end this with three endings and I'd have the user choice their preferred one. But I couldn't think of a third ending that wasn't depressing, so I combined the former two to make this ending. I've learned a lot and I am hoping on moving forward and focusing on shorter stories and realistic time lines.

[collapse]
A poll for old times sake.
  • 25% Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 50% Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 25% Votes: 2 18.2%
Total voters: 11
5