Chapter 1 – Return of Tony Stark
6.5k 4 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man in his early twenties was sitting in his own office. He was watching the schematics of weapons on his computer when there was a disturbance outside his cap.

He looked up, watching everyone gather around the single computer, watching something intently.

The young man stood up, walking out of the room, walking towards the crowd, "Is there something so interesting going on that you stopped working?"

A few in the crowd nearly jumped up, hearing the young man's joking voice. One of the men in his early thirties jumped up, "Chief! They found the boss. We were just watching the press conference!"

Chief narrowed his scarlet eyes, his messy black hair covering his forehead. His arms resting in the lab coat as a knowing smile appeared on his handsome face, "Hm, that's rare. I thought he would get a cheeseburger and sleep with a woman or two before getting to the press conference. Which one of you bet on that?"

The Chief looked towards people working under him, meekly raise their hands, pleasantly chuckling as he opened the broadcast on the next cubicle, "all of you? Didn't someone else guess anything different?"

"Cheeseburger and proposal to Ms. Potts."

"Heh, maybe in another universe," this comment made the crowd of engineers and scientists laugh.

The Chief silently opened the broadcast, a warm smile hanging on his lips, "I highly doubt that."

Hearing the laughter of his worker, the Chief focused on the broadcast. Especially when the reporter asked, "Mr. Stark, what happened over there?"

"I saw young Americans killed by the very weapons I created to protect. I saw that I became the part of the very system that holds zero accountability," Tony Stark said while sitting on the floor, his back on the podium. He stood up, walking up to the podium.

He stood there, watching all the reporters sitting in front of him, "I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I have more to offer the world than just making things blow up. And that is why I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of Stark International."

The Chief leaned back on the chair while the silence overwhelmed the room as one of the scientists spoke, "Chief...aren't we the weapons manufacturing division?"

The Young Chief shook his head, "No, we are basically developing new weapons, not manufacturing them. The ones that will be out of the job are those who work in the factories."

"But, what we are good at is researching weapons."

The Young Chief raised his head, looking at a chubby scientist, on the verge of a breakdown. He stood up, "if it makes you feel better. I will talk to him. Also, if our perspective changes, I have a few ideas that I don't mind sharing and keep your workload down so you can easily adjust."

The Young Chief yawned, rubbing his eyes, "anyway, aren't you guys happy? We get to take a break now. We can finally use some of that cash in our accounts to party. Learn something from our boss."

Some in the crowd let out whistful laughter, "I would feel better if we knew we got to keep our jobs and not make weapons at the same time."

Jay patted the shoulder of the woman closest to him as he walked past, "don't worry. I will bring good news."

The Young Chief assured his people, walking out as he navigated through the building, meeting many of his confused colleagues with no idea about what was going on.

He asked around where Tony was before his eyes fell on Pepper Potts, hastily walking in the opposite direction, "Pepper."

"Jay!" Pepper looked towards the Young Chief, her face lighting up in relief, "I am so sorry! I didn't know that Tony would say that! I just need to talk to the board, calm them down, and then other people. But I swear by night I will tell you everything!"

Jay was about six feet tall, with a slim build, scarlet eyes, and black hair. He had a handsome, no, it could be said a beautiful face, cleanly shaved. Jay raised his hand, putting it on her shoulder, "don't worry about that. Just tell me where he is? I will make things simpler for you and make sure my division doesn't create more problems for you."

Pepper let out a breath, nearly hyperventilating, calming down, "thank you!" She rushed to leave, stopping, "Yeah! Tony went to see the Arc Reactor!"

Jay looked at her back, watching her leave, smiling, "Hm, I am glad I am not her."

He walked out of the building, walking a further down to take a white handle hoverboard. He drove it towards the Arc Reactor Building, watching the blue sky with white clouds. Even though his job was at a line, he wasn't worried.

He didn't like making weapons. There was a different reason why he chose to be here. If Stark was planning to shut down the weapons department then, so be it.

He reached the Arc Reactor Lab, taking out his card from his pocket, gaining entry.

His eyes fell on Tony, wearing a brown shirt, black pants, with loose black tie, "Am I fired?"

Tony glanced back, recognizing his voice, "what? No! I would be the biggest idiot if I were to fire you."

Jay smiled at him, turning his eyes towards the Arch Reactor, "So? You have a game plan?"

Tony smugly smiled, watching the Arc Reactor, "always. Do you have any idea?"

"I have a few things that I created. I was planning to launch my own company when it was time. But since you are closing down the weapon department, I could share."

Tony laughed, "you? Start a company? That would be funny! You are just not wired for that kind of stuff."

Jay shrugged, "I had a big plan of poaching Pepper. She'd run the things for me while I could sleep with all the pretty ladies in the city."

Tony shot a look at him, "she does that here. Why would she go with you?"

Jay pointed at himself, "I am a better looking, more intelligent, less narcissistic, and a much hotter version of you. Overall a great upgrade."

Tony clicked his hand, shaking his head, "Na, not true."

Jay looked at him with the corner of his eyes, "I forgot to add younger."

"Ah, yes. You had to go there," Tony said, turning his back towards Jay, walking a few steps forward, turning around.

He opened his mouth to make a sarcastic comment when Jay hugged him, "I am glad that you are not dead. Old friend."

Tony hesitated, not sure what to do, before he calmed down, looking sad and relieved, "yeah..."

Jay stopped hugging him, patting his shoulder, "this never happened."

Tony cleared his throat, "what were you talking about? I was going to ask you what about your plan and product?"

Jay rubbed his chin, "that's the hard part?"

"What? You don't have any?" Tony asked in an amused, sarcastic voice.

Jay chuckled lightly, "I have too many. I couldn't decide what I should create first, the thing that I like? Or something that would sell like hot cake."

"If it's the first product then, of course, something that sells like hot cake. Then use that money to create what you like," Tony said as if it was the most natural thing.

"Eh...I decided I wanted both, so I chose to work on both," Jay laughed, "I have been too tired. But then you got kidnapped, my workload became light, and I finished both my projects."

Tony sarcastically laughed, "so something good came out of my kidnapping. Congratulation." 

Jay didn't join his sarcastic laughter, hesitating, "you are different. Want to talk about it?"

Tony's eyes darted around, "No, I don't."

Jay patted his shoulder, "how about this. Get rest today, and I will bring you my pet projects. Maybe it will get the board members long enough that you can go through your plan."

Tony glanced at him from the corner of his eyes, "thank you."

Jay nodded, walking out of the Arc Reactor lab. He barely left when his eyes fell on the Obadiah Stane, walking towards him, "Jay, you talked to him? How was he?"

Jay shook Obadiah's hand, "he's being Tony. He seems to have a plan."

Obadiah nodded, reassuring Jay, "don't worry. I will make sure that he knows the risk."

Jay watched Obadiah hold his hand between his palm, reassuring him, "I will make sure to inform others since they are not worried."

He watched Obadiah walked into Arc Reactor lab, his eyes shifting to the other side as he handled the hoverboard, walking away from here.

He knew what Tony was planning. Also, about miniaturized Arc Reactor, and many other things because of a simple yet beautiful talent that he possessed from the moment, he was born.

It was his intellect and a mind that went far beyond any humans. The accelerated thought process, fast learning, multi-focus, multi-tasking, body language analysis, hyper-awareness, hyper instinct, parallel processing, photographic memory, visualization, and much more. But this was nothing over what lay at the core of his being. It was his connection to all his selves in the parallel worlds. He had seen evil, crazy, zombie, heroic Iron Man, which was one of the reasons. Why he was here, to see, what will be his Universe's Iron Man be.

91