Chapter 7 – Primo
2.5k 6 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Shield Headquater,

All alarms were going off, with Fury standing in front of his own office's door with numerous agents standing behind him with their guns. Even Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill in the front lines with him.

"The criminal inside is far too dangerous. Do not listen to the criminal, do not give him time, do not talk, shoot and kill," Nick Fury scowled.

"Sir!"

He opened the door, and one of the soldiers in the front line threw smoke grenades, filling the room. With their tactical goggles, seeing the heat signatures, everyone entered the room firing.

Nick stood at the back, opening the comms, commanding, "thin out and fire a rocket launcher."

Half of the agents came out, one of them carefully firing a rocket launcher. The rocket launcher cleared the smoke, showing the view of it getting burned without even leaving ashes.

Behind the smoke was a man, wearing a three-piece suit, white undershirt, loosening his black tie.

He waved his hands towards them with a charming smile on his face. His charismatic voice entered their ears, "you are late. To think you would be able to gather these many forces in such a short time. But let's face it, this much force can do nothing to me."

"Machine guns!!" Nick angrily growled, making a few of his soldiers come forward, firing the machine gun at Primo.

But the bullets didn't even move as they stopped midway, falling down, "seriously? And here I was waiting in hopes of talking to you. That is an impressive mission you have going on there, Eva Belyakov."

Abruptly, a leg stopped beside his face, making him look at the side, "hm, fine, fine. I get it. You don't want to talk about it - I'll leave... I just came to see if something interesting was going on."

He clicked his tongue, turning into embers, disappearing from the room.

Natasha put down her leg, moving again, putting her hands behind her back, clenching her fist, "it's safe now."

Nick Fury walked in glowering, "it was never dangerous. If he wanted to kill anyone, he had all the time in the past two decades. He came here for information, and he got it! Clear the room - I want to see how he got."

The soldiers walked out while Maria Hill decided to stay behind, watching Fury work on the console, seeing the leak, "should I warn Coulson about him?"

Fury frowned, "yes, do that, and I want to know how the mission is going. Something is wrong." 

Natasha hesitated, "should I call Jay? He agreed to help if something like this happens."

Maria glanced towards her, shifting her eyes towards Fury, "how did he get past clearance level?"

"That isn't hard for him. In the past 18 years, we have built protection methods, one stronger than the other. But all of them appear fragile in front of him," Fury narrowed his eyes, "he possesses a very high intellect. That was why Jay became so valued so fast."

Fury read the information that was recently seen, "Primo knows things. I know he had appeared at the last moments, saving people that were at the center of events like Alisa Jones. Primo warned Bruce Banners, knowing of the accident in advance. Helped him in to go into hiding when he didn't listen and went forward. We don't know what else Primo did in so many years since the first appearance. He appeared at the home of one of our agents, saving their daughter, who was unstable when she was born and would have died. It was then that we realized he has been saving people."

Fury took a deep breath, "when Jay rose in the ranks, I decided to put him against Primo, and after years of chase between a cat and mouse, Jay gave up. I still don't know why. But both of them share a habit. They can see far beyond others, the potential that others can't see, and tend to protect people. Jay is more open about it. As for Primo, you never know who he is protecting and why."

Natasha stared at him for a while, but Nick didn't react. She looked up at Maria, "have you seen him talk this much?"

Maria hid her smile, "never."

Nick patted the table, "he's going to Bahrain. Did you connect to Coulson?"

Maria shook her head, "Not yet."

Natasha raised her mobile, "Jay is on the line."

In his room,

Jay was hearing Nick talk on the other side. Because he was able to process things parallelly, he could easily control two bodies or far more at the same time.

Which was why he was able to play the role of Primo and Jay at the same time.

"You heard?" Nick Fury's voice came from the other side.

"Yes," Jay spoke, narrowing his eyes, "do you have information of whom he's going after this time?"

"Yes, I am already making Maria send it to you. Is there any chance he is starting to collect strong individuals because of Tony's suit?"

"No, I doubt that. But I can't be sure, let me read the information first. But I'd suggest telling whoever is on the mission to not engage before I am clear."

"Can you go there?"

Jay rubbed his chin, smiling, "sure, get me a teleporter."

Nick Fury cut the call without saying any word. Jay chuckled, reading the information that appeared on his mobile.

The reason he chose to look at this mission wasn't because of Eva. Instead, it was because of another name that he didn't know, Melinda May. One of Shields's agents, someone he hadn't seen in any other universe. Which meant she was a rarity from this universe, someone he was curious about during his years at Shield. But they never got to work together. Another reason was that he had a bad feeling about this mission. After all these years of honing his instincts, he rarely ignored them.

After reading all this information, the bad feeling only increased, making him call Natasha.

In Nick's Office,

Natasha picked Jay's call, putting the mobile on speaker, "that was fast."

"I think I know why Primo is going there. This information, there is something wrong with this one. It's giving me a bad feeling - the last time I had this feeling, our mission became a huge stinking mess. Fury, are you sure you don't have a teleporter? I would like to get there in time?"

"No," Fury cut the call, standing up, "I need all eyes Bahrain, I need to know what is going on, get me satellite footage if needed. Contact Coulson."

In the sky,

Primo was breaking the sound barriers, flying through the sky at the speed of Mach 10, shooting orange flames from his palm, using them to propel himself.

There was a massive smile, filled with joy as he tore through the winds, lower his body near the ocean below, tearing the waters apart as he crossed.

Bahrain was about 7500 miles away,

With the speed of his flying, it would take about an hour. He could go faster, but that would mean his shoes would be burned. And then, this feeling of flying through the air was marvelous for the first ten minutes.

After ten minutes? The desire of going even faster, even if he covered 1 meter more than what he covered before, he wanted to.

Yet, he didn't want to burn the shoes - it was a hassle getting new shoes. Similarly, there was one other thing that he didn't want to do in haste. And that was using technology that was embedded in the ring. Not until it was absolutely necessary.

It took an hour, as he thought. To reach Bahrain,

And thanks to Fury sending enough information on Eva, he could easily locate it.

At Jay's apartment,

Jay was sitting in front of his laptop, using his own collection of maps that he took when he was in Shield to figure out where he was.

He clicked a button under his table, causing a hologram to appear, "show me Bahrain and its surrounding."

The maps blinked, changing, and Bahrain's map and its surroundings appeared.

He turned his eyes, watching his surroundings as he floated near Bahrain, "hmm, about here?"

He zoomed the map, planting a course from where he was to where Primo was when he stopped.

He turned into embers, disappearing from the radars. In this form, he moved more slowly, but he was near enough to travel to the location.

Shortly, his body materialized near a van. He knew this bio-signature, making his stand in front of a van, knock on it.

All of a sudden, the van became silent, making Primo chuckle, "it's just me, Coulson. Didn't Fury tell you about me?"

The door opened and a kick came flying towards him, stopping few inches away, "this is the second sexy leg that tried to kick me in the last hour. Even though it crushes my heart. I'll reject."

Coulson took up his gun, "stop! Let her go!"

Primo got in the van, sitting down beside them, letting Melinda May go free.

She was about to turn and kick him away when Coulson held her shoulder, "stop. It's ok."

Primo watched them, "that's right. It's ok - I came to offer help."

55