Chapter 17 – Call for Scientists
1.4k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay woke up near afternoon, hearing his phone ring, sitting up, rubbing his eyes. He opened them, glancing down at Felicia, her face on his thigh, sleeping.

He stroked her head, picking up the call, "Hello?"

"Where are you? Pepper left a pile of files for you. She said she wanted it by afternoon, and there are only five minutes to afternoon."

"Yeah, I'll be there in a moment."

He cut the call, putting the mobile on the table, closing the muted tv, taking a deep breath.

Felicia stirred in his lap, turning on her back, opening her sleepy eyes, "you have to go?"

"I have a job, you know," Jay sat up, causing Felicia's head to plop at the sofa, "be a good girl and train? As soon as you are done with controlling your powers, we will be done here."

He opened the portal, stepping inside his office's private bathroom. He washed his face, fire cleaned his teeth, skin, even insides. He opened the wardrobe in the bathroom, taking emergency clothes, walking out.

He sat down on his seat, looking for files that Natasha talked about. But none of them were here.

He dialed the number for her desk, hearing it ring, "Natalie Rushman from Stark Industries?"

"Bring me the files."

"You are here?"

"Yes."

Natasha put down the phone, strutting in with files in her hands. She kept the files in front of him, standing beside him.

Jay took the files, reading them and rapid speed, taking up his pen, sighing. He sighed the other six, shifting them towards Natasha, "here, give this to Pepper."

Natasha looked towards the files but didn't pick them up, "when were you going to tell me?"

Jay leaned back on the chair, opening his office computer, "Tell you what?"

"You are using your tech to create six subsidiary companies under the name of Stark Industries, ranging from mobiles and television, medicine, gaming, virtual reality, social network, even food, and beverages industries. You said you weren't going to use this tech."

Jay leaned back, looking at her, "this is just a backup plan. I need protection, from Fury, from the Government. I just need to make sure I have enough money and influence to protect myself. Before, I couldn't care less about these things. But then, there of no risk of me being found out and treated as an enemy of the Shield."

Natasha slammed her hands down on the table, "Jay! I am not telling Fury about it! Why won't you believe me? I haven't told him till now."

Jay shook his head, "You don't understand. We are at high tide. During the high tide, the planet experiences drastic changes. Things that stayed in the shadow will come out. The moment one of them comes out, you will tell them everything you know. I know that, and you know that."

Natasha took the files, "right, you seem to know everything. You would rather run! Instead of trusting others!"

Jay scoffed lightly, making her stop and look back. He raised his eyes, "as you trusted me? You just thought that I gave you a collar?"

Natasha turned away, walking out of the room, making Jay take a breath, "yeah, this was a bad idea. Breaks up are always bad. This is worse."

"Do you want me to call someone for you, Sir?" Echo spoke from his computer.

"No, I need you to help. How much time can you reduce in the hiring, setting up, production, and distribution of products?"

"If I support, then I can have our presence in America in six months. One year, and we can have our presence all over the world."

"Do it."

"My existence would be found out if I did."

"By whom?"

"Jarvis."

"Hm, do it."

"Yes."

Jay closed his eyes for a moment. But he didn't get peace for long - the work started getting hectic.

The little time that he had was being spent with Felicia. Who was about to master her powers, just one step away.

Although the isolation was starting to get to her, thankfully, she had internet. And with the advent of social networking sites recently gave her something to do while she wasn't training.

But there was something else that bugged him.

"Palladium Poisoning," Jay watched Tony, narrowing his eyes, "need help with that?"

Tony singleheartedly worked on the suit, "you have a new element?"

"Yes, but then. You don't need what I have. Your father nearly succeeded in making one."

Tony slammed his tool down, "what are you talking about?"

"Your father worked on something alien. Rather no one on Earth understands that thing is one of the six strongest objects in the universe. Shield calls it Tesseract, and your father worked on it. Because of being near it, he was able to create a new element. But he couldn't because the technology around that time made it impossible. He left a video about it. It's in Shields's possession," Jay told him the truth. Before, he was worried about Tony turning evil and whatnot. Now, he decided to try and just be friends.

Tony bounced on his feet, "why does Sheild have it?! That is my property!"

"Your father was one of the founders of Shield."

Tony was taken aback, his angered face dulled, "that's not true. I never heard him say about it."

Jay gave Tony a reluctant smile, "were you mature enough to hear it?"

Tony threw his tools down, walking out, "Of course I was! He never trusted me."

Jay let out a sigh, "Tony! Take a break before you call Shield!"

"Who said I am calling them?"

Jay laughed to himself, "Jarvis, lock his suits. Don't let him burst in Shield wearing his costume."

"I can advise him not to that," Jarvis spoke, making Jay roll his eyes, "since when did Tony start hearing pieces of advice. Oh well, this is Fury's mess."

Shortly,

Tony entered his private jet, flying through the sky, going to New York.

Jay was sitting in his office when Pepper rushed in with Natasha following behind her as if she tried to stop her. But mostly, she came here to see why Pepper was so worried.

Jay was working on a tablet, with holographic designs coming out of it when he saw her. He didn't shut it, making Pepper look away for a second shifting her eyes towards Jay, "Tony just took a private jet and rushed to New York. Why?"

Jay glanced towards Natasha, turning his eyes back at Pepper, "why would I know?"

Pepper crossed her arms, "because you were the last person that he talked to. And I bet you know where he is going and why!"

"Yeahhh...sadly, he is going to Shield Headquarters in New York," Jay leaned back, smiling at her.

"Shield, sir?" Natasha innocently asked.

Pepper glanced back, "a government organization that helped us before. Why would Tony go there? Especially after canceling all of his meetings? Did something happen?"

Jay pressed his lips in regret, "Yes, that may have been my fault. I might have slipped that his father was one of the founders of Shield. Another being Peggy Carter, with whom Howard met a lot. I think it made Tony think that his father was having an affair with Peggy, and now he just figured it out. Moreover, there is something that his father left for him at Shield...so...you know."

Pepper rubbed her forehead, "too much information. Aghh, well, if that is so, then it's all right. I will handle the meetings."

Suddenly, she paused her steps, looking at Jay, scrutinizing him, "that's right. It's about time you start making the meetings. You will soon become the face of the Stark Industry, and the Six recently started."

Jay had a look of disgust on his face, "I don't want to."

Pepper walked towards the door, "first meeting in five minutes, be there."

Natasha watched Pepper walk over, watching to Jay, putting her hand on his shoulder, "do I need to ask?"

Jay put his hand on her back, his forehead resting on her stomach as he let out a tired sigh, "Tony is getting poisoned by palladium. When I looked for things that were dangerous in Shield. I came across this video, where he left a cryptic message for Tony. I figured it out, and there was a clue to New Element. Which could save Tony's life."

Natasha stroked his head, running her fingers through his hair, "I should warn Fury. And you should go to your meetings."

Jay stood up, his lips brushing against hers, kissing her, "yeah, I hate meetings."

Natasha cupped his cheek, kissing him back, "yeah, you should."

Jay kissed her more, the little kiss turned more passionate, with their hands wrapped around each other.

Natasha's breath became erratic, stopping him, slithering out his hand, "yeah, we should that."

Jay smiled at her, "right, are we still fighting?"

Natasha nodded, "I don't know, are you?"

Jay rolled his eyes. Picking up the tablet, he walked to the meeting room. His eyes glanced towards a group of familiar people sitting around a meeting table. Although they didn't know him.

He sat down on the main seat, his eyes glancing around from the nearest to farthest. He greeted them with a smile, "Doctor Helen Cho, Mr. Norman Orsborn, Nadia, Doctor Otto Octavius, Doctor Curt Connors. Welcome."

34