Chapter 39 – Steve Rogers
772 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the afternoon,

A man was running through the roads, with agents chasing behind him. He had a stapping body, handsome, blonde hair, blue eyes. He came to a stop at the center of Times Square, stopped by Nick Fury and black cars.

Fury walked over, "look, I am sorry about that show back there. We thought it was best, breaking it to you slowly."

"Break what?"

"You have been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years."

Steeve looked around, the shops, the people, the screens, breathing heavily.

"You are going to be ok?"

"Yeah...Yeah..." He confusedly looked around, "I had a date."

He just said when a person wearing a white suit appeared in front of him, his face was covered with a silver mask. It had two round eyes and two red points diagonally below, with a horizontal red glowing dash on the forehead.

"Ghost!" Fury was the first one to reach when Ghost raised her hand, putting it on Steve's shoulder, "someone wants to meet Mr. Steeve Rogers."

She raised her other hand, patting on her right hand, and the two disappeared.

Fury walked over to the place where Steeve was standing, having disappeared with Ghost, "Shit."

Underground Bunker,

Steeve appeared in a house, in a luxurious hall with an Ultra HD LED. With Bruce standing in front of it, playing tennis wearing VR goggles.

"Ava, is that you?" He swung his hand, sending the tennis ball back. His body leaned towards the side, his player ran to that side.

Ghost took off her mask, revealing the face with greyish-green eyes, black hair, tanned skin. She dropped the helmet on the sofa, taking off Bruce's VR goggles, "we have a guest."

Bruce glanced towards her, whining, "I was so close to winning." His eyes fell of Steeve.

He looked at Steeve, from top to bottom, circling around him, "I can't believe it. Steve Rogers in the flesh. I thought he was joking when he said that you survived being down there after so many years."

"Sorry...who are you?" Steve was even more disoriented than he was before.

Ava took off her suit, walking in a black sports bra and black undershorts, taking clothes from the table, walking towards the room, "My name is Ava Starr, this is Bruce Banner. People like you, and like us, go by the name Enhanced these days. My part was bringing you here. Next is Banner's part."

Bruce patted Steeve's shoulder, "Yes, please come with me. I hope you don't need any rest, right?"

"No, No...I have rested enough," Steeve walked with him into a classroom, sitting with single benches and chairs. There was a movie projector in the middle of the room, projecting the movie on the whiteboard.

"This is a Holographic room. Although you can sit on the chairs, this will show you everything that happened in the past years. Ever since you disappeared."

Steve was even more confused, "how do I control it?"

"Oh, right," Banner stopped, "use your voice. Just say what you want to know?"

Steve hesitated, looking towards the screen, "Peggy...Peggy Carter...I want to know about her. What happened?"

"Dr. Margaret Elizabeth 'Peggy' Carter, Ph.D. was one of the prominent agents of SSR. Strategic Scientific Reserve..."

Bruce smiled, looking at Steve watching the video, going out of the room, closing the door, "should we call Jay?"

"Boss? No, he said to give Mr. Steve some time to understand our world better. When Steve is ready, he will ask to meet. How about a match?"

"No, No...I have work to do..." Bruce waved his hand before moving towards her, "Oh well, one game wouldn't hurt."

New York, SHIELD, Director's room,

"You were the one that took her!" Nick was furiously looked at Jay, who raised his arms, "Yes, I know."

"So, you are telling us, you have no idea where she was or who she is working with?"

Jay looked towards Pierce, shaking his hand, "I tried to help her, to make her better control her powers. But Quantum Realm is a different story. I had my doubt. I wondered if there was any Scientist alive that could help her. So, I asked someone else for help."

Pierce put his hands together, "who did you ask?"

Jay gritted his teeth, taking a sharp breath, when Fury slumped his shoulders, "tell me you didn't do that?"

"Do what?" Pierce looked towards Nick, his frown deepening.

"I called on Primo to help me," Jay shrugged, "by calling, I don't mean dialing him. I sent a message."

"You have his number?" Pierce looked at him with interest. After nearly two decades, no one has been able to find Primo.

"No, nothing like that. It is a certain frequency. Anyway, I started that frequency, and the next day Ghost disappeared. All that was left was a fire, burning without oxygen. So, I guess, Mr. Primo summoned Captain."

"You gave such a powerful weapon to our enemy?" Nick patted the table.

Jay stood up, raising his hand to shake, "No, I introduced a girl who was in a world of pain to someone who could help her. Anyway, congratulation on finding Captain, and my condolences on you losing him."

Jay looked at the two, no replying, as they sighed in disappointment, "No handshake? Ok."

Pierce looked at his back, with his hand on his jaw, fingers on his lips. Once Jay left, he turned towards Nick, "you know he knows more, right?"

Fury sat down, closing his eye, "Oh, he knows more. Even might know how to contact Primo. But nothing more, nothing less. Their thinking patterns are similar, so he might know what Primo plans. If he didn't say anything, then that means it's not dangerous for us."

Pierce stood up, "keep me informed. The World Council wants to know where Steve is."

Underground Bunker,

Steve was frowning, reading all the information on the Enhanced. On Bruce Banner and his accident, to being chased by the Military. On Abomination. On Ava Starr and the accident that killed her father and mother, but changed her physique.

There was inside information on how SHIELD promised to help Ava Starr get better. But turned her into an assassin before she vanished.

On Natasha Romanoff, Spider-Woman, Black Cat, Tony Stark, a.k.a, Iron Man, Thor.

He had already read everything about SSR and SHIELD. Now, he was here, thinking what they could want from him.

He closed his eyes, his palm squeezing the other's fist, walking out of the room.

When he got out, Bruce was sitting on the table, working on a laptop, while Ava was nowhere to be seen.

"Dr. Banner, can I know why I am here? Who called me here? Wizard?"

"I did."

Steve turned his head, looking at the young man with black hair, scarlet eyes, and an athletic body sitting on the chair.

The young man looked at him, smiling, "please, have a seat. Captain, or can I call you Steve?"

Steve sat down, "call me Steve. I-I am sorry. I didn't have much time to catch up. Who are you?"

"Jay," His clothes changed, and a long coat with raised collar and hood appeared on him. He removed the hood, "recently, people have been calling me Wizard."

"Or Harry Potter," Banner closed the screen of his laptop.

Jay rolled his eyes, "I doubt Steve would understand that reference."

Steve shook his head, "I don't. Anyway, why did you bring me here? If it was to introduce me to the world, then SHIELD could have done that. You brought me here because I am Enhanced?"

Jay exchanged a glance with Bruce, who shrugged, "don't look at me. You haven't even told me why I am here."

Jay let out a breath, "give me a moment. I sent some invitations in the afternoon. I don't want to explain this twice. If you don't mind waiting?"

"No, I don't."

Empire State University,

Felicia was walking in the halls when she heard a voice. A voice called her towards an empty classroom, asking her to enter. She hesitated, cautiously entering, when a portal appeared in front of her. She let out a smile, entering the portal.

Empire State University, Inside a Lab,

Gwen was trying to perform an experiment when she sensed something turning. She looked at the portal in front of her, wincing, "I was so close."

She puffed her cheeks, entering the portal.

Tony Stark's Mansion,

Tony was working on Destroyer. When Jarvis's voice resounded in the workshop, "Sir, there is a portal behind you."

Tony stood straight, looking back, "Oh, yeah...um, thank you." He narrowed his eyes, walking inside, "let's go meet a fossil, shall we?"

In a Vent,

Natasha was crawling through the vents when a portal appeared in front of her, with Jay sitting on the other side, "you better teleport men back here. It took a lot of effort coming this far."

22