Chapter 55 – Bucky Barnes
609 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hydra's Siberian Facility,

"Tony, don't kill all of them. We need to ask them questions!" Felicia ran behind Iron Man with the destruction that he had caused.

Her eyes fell Tony, wearing an armor that resembled Destroyer, made of nanomachines. Appendages were floating around him, firing on the five Winter Soldiers that were attacking him.

"Don't worry. I will leave the scientists alive. You got after the controller. He must be the one that ordered the death of my mother and father. Don't let him run away."

Felicia shot a hook, swinging from above the Winter Soldiers and scientists, moving towards the one that was running away, "yeah, yeah. I get it."

Tony looked at five men and women. The nanites around his wrist rose and turned into cannons. He shot forwards, firing Zero Cannons and freezing one of the Winter Soldiers, "it's time to go back to sleep!"

"No!! No!! We are not going back to sleep!!"

"Uh-Oh, they didn't seem to take that kindly," Tony backed off, creating a pipe hose in both hands, firing cryogenic liquid, freezing them one by one, "Oh yeah! I love this new suit! Even the old man won't be able to defeat me. I can't wait to test it out against Hulk. Before that," He fired thrusters, scanning environment, firing mini-missiles at guards with guns, jetting towards Black Cat.

When he reached there, he abruptly came to a stop, staring at the man beneath Black Cat's feet, "it's him!!"

Even though he thought he had accepted this, but the moment his eyes fell on the man, his eyes became bloodshot. He created four crescent moon-shaped appendages and two arm canon, glowing with orange light, "Felicia, get away from him!"

Felicia raised her hand in defeat, "sure, but are you sure you want to do this? There might be someone else who must have informed him about the whereabouts of your parents. If it was me, then I would draw information out, and then kill him, and make sure the one above him is dead."

Tony glared at her, making Felicia jump back, "but that is me. You do you."

He let out a breath, calming down, as the appendages and cannons disappeared, "you are right. But we will be the one taking them, rather than handing them over to SHIELD."

"You are getting no objections from me." Black Cat took out a cube, "can you bring others?"

"Sure," Tony flew over, firing constraints that tied up the legs of scientists and knocked out guards. He and Black Cat carried them over before throwing the cube to the ground, teleporting them back to the Bunker.

Ideal Federal Saving Bank,

"Bucky!! Listen to me! It's me. Don't you recognize me?! It's Steve!!" Captain America held the shield in front of him, getting attacked by Bucky's titanium arm, without recognizing Steve.

Gwen was crawling on the roof, tying up the scientist that wanted to escape, "Cap, you want help?"

"No, this is my fight." Captain narrowed his eyes, dodging Winter Soldiers attack, attacking his legs.

The Winter Soldier fell down, momentarily closing his eyes. When he opened them, Captain America was winding his arm to punch the Winter Soldier. But Winter Soldier rolled out of the way, kicking Captain America on the waist.

Steve jumped back towards Winter Soldier, punching him with his left hand. The Winter Soldier kicked Captain America's hand, getting hold of the shield, pulling it as he fell.

The two of them grappled on the ground, rolling, wresting, when the two collided against a pair of legs, wearing black pants, "sorry for interrupting. But I heard you might need my help."

Captain America looked up for a moment, seeing a young man wearing a three-piece, pinstripe suit, with blonde hair, warm orange eyes, looking at them with a smile.

Winter Soldier didn't hesitate like Captain America. He pushed Captain away, turning his body on the side, punching Primo's knee. But his punch didn't do any damage, making Primo squat in front of him, "yeah, that won't work on me."

He put his hand on Winter Soldier's chest, causing the fire to cover him, binding him.

"Bucky!" Captain America threw his shield at Primo.

"Stay Still," Primo's voice caused a shockwave that hit the shield, tearing the ground apart. But the shield tore absorbed it, moved towards Primo. Primo raised his hand, the ring with blue crystal with roman numerical one. The ring shone, transforming into gloves, with similar blue crests on the back of his both hands. He caught the shield, without any trouble, "I hate vibranium."

"Steve, stop! He's Primo!"

Steve stood up, glaring at him, "he's burning Bucky."

"Actually, I am not. I am burning the effects of brainwashing, which is complicated so let me focus? Or I might burn his memories."

Primo's orange eyes glowed as James Buchanan Barnes's mind unfurled in front of his eyes, from the day he was born to his first step. The first word, to even the first date, kill, war, dying experience. And then to being brainwashed.

Primo raised his hand as the memory shot out from Barnes's body. The fire changed, appearing above his chest.

Steve knelt down, watching closely. While Gwen hung from the roof, "what is this?"

"Brainwashing is the result of emotions and fear rather than knowledge. I am reading his memory and bringing out all the memory of times when he was brainwashed. Once I do that, I will burn down the emotions from those memories, leaving the memories behind. That will shut down most of the brainwashing."

"Awesome! You can just do that?! How does fire do that?"

"It's complicated to explain, but in simple terms. What my fire does, depends on my will. But this kind of use wouldn't be possible without my eyes, which allow me to see through memories, among other things." Primo explained as more and more memories came out surrounding them.

The fire acted like puppets, creating scientists, Winter Soldier, even floor and machines, showing what was happening in Winter Soldier's memory.

Once he was done searching, the flames came together before their luster disappeared.

The flames went back inside, Bucky Barnes, as Primo stood up, "that should do it. He'll wake up after some time."

Steve gazed at Primo, "thank you so much. I owe you one."

"Yeah, you should be worrying about how to save him front Starks fury rather than thanking me."

Spider-Gwen pointed at her eyemask's eyes, "no problem there. I recorded all the whole thing, the memories that were playing in the fire. I am sure that would help Tony calm down a little."

Primo glanced towards her, waving his hand, "that was smart. Continue the good work."

He turned into fire, disappearing.

"I gotta learn how to do that," The Spidey-girl jumped down, "let's take others, shall we?"

Steve was still a bit lost, "Is it just me, or Primo seemed familiar?"

"You think so too? My spidey-sense didn't go off when he appeared. Usually, my spidey-sense reacts to anyone that is strong and appears in front of me the first time," Spider-Gwen pulled people off the walls, bringing them over.

Steve frowned, shaking his head, "that doesn't matter now. He was right. Tony just might kill Bucky if he sees him. Even with that video."

Underground Bunker,

Steve and Gwen teleported with other scientists to the room, looking at Banner and Ghost, standing near the gate, "all right, bring prisoners towards Ghosts, and I will guide you."

Ava rolled her eyes, "you are helping me out." She glanced towards Steve, sitting in front of Bucky, "Is that who I think it is?"

Gwen took off her mask, freeing her golden hair, with a grin on her face, "You won't believe who we met!"

Bruce looked at her with interest, "ok, I'll bite. Who?"

"Primo," Steve got on his legs, holding Bucky Barnes in his arms.

Ava's eyes lit up, "that's a story that I'd like to hear."

"Me too, but before that, let's take care of them. I am already tired of dealing with these prisoners."

"Where are we even keeping them?" Steve walked over, curiously looking at them.

"Ah, that. You'll see. But before that, I should send Boss a message," Ava smiled.

Bus, Cabin,

Jay was looking at Melinda May, standing in front of him, hesitating to talk when Echo spoke, "Sir, they found Winter Soldier. And the attack on two facilities was a success."

"I'll be there," Jay leaned back, shifting his gaze towards Melinda, "You want to know about Katya?"

Melinda tightened her jaw, "Yes. I do. You know what Primo is doing with these Enhanced people, aren't you? Is that why you didn't come to help in Bahrain? I heard that you were asked."

"Yes. Primo takes them to a place where others can't find them. She's all right and growing well. You don't have to worry about them."

"I want to see her," Melinda May frowned.

Jay hesitated, "I'll have to think about it. Sorry, but their position is a secret. It's not like I can trust SHIELD agents to keep a secret. You people have trouble trusting other people's words. Natasha couldn't keep the secret for a day. I highly doubt you can."

"I can...this is important for me..." Melinda softly said, looking down.

"That is why I need time to think. Give me time."

17