Chapter 68 – Primo At Work
546 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo was standing in front of a plant as he snapped its branch with a scissor. It fell down, and soon, it regrew from the plant.

He lightly smiled, walking over to the computer, reading the reports, "Extremis 2.0. Echo, put that in the files."

"Sir, we already have that. In fact, we have all the Extremis, till Extremis 17."

"Yes, but I don't have access to them, do I? Not until certain conditions are met," Primo sat down, "this is for my Personal Use."

"Who do you want to use it on, Sir?"

"No one in particular. Maybe Antonia? Although I healed her, enhancing her might be a good idea," He crossed his legs, "I'll use it on someone. Maybe I'll create the same branch as Tony's and give him as a gift. Once Convergence starts, he'd be interested in that." 

"Are you bored, Sir? Maybe try watching Tv or reading a novel rather than creating more dangerous serums."

Primo leaned his head back, letting out a breath, "just clear all the digital data once you store it."

"Sir, what if they start human testing?"

"Just buy the company before that. How's that going?"

"It's easier to buy people than the company. So, I am buying people, Sir. Although Aldrich Killian's obsession would make it hard. Will you be hypnotizing him?"

"Nah, that's against the rules. Can't take their wealth by hypnotizing them; it will come to bite me later on."

He was expecting a reply from Echo, but she remained quiet, making Primo look towards the door. And sure enough, the door opened, and Bobbi walked in with Maya.

"How did your test go?" Primo looked at them, seeing their faces buried in their taps.

"Exploded after five minutes of stability under extreme duress," Bobbi said, "it's tiring, frankly. After one month, and there is barely any improvement."

Maya curled her lips, "if it was this easy, then it wouldn't have taken me so many years."

Primo brushed his hand across the plant, standing up, smugly smiling, "mine hasn't exploded."

He just said when there was a small blast behind him, pushing him to the ground. He turned over, coughing, "ugh...I spoke too soon."

Maya chuckled, "the cost of that computer is coming out of your pocket. There is a safe room for these experiments."

Bobbi, on the other hand, was staring at the place of the explosion, "that explosion was far smaller than ours. What did you do? Did you somehow manage to inhibit it?"

Maya looked up, pleasantly surprised, "I didn't notice."

"Of course you didn't. Your focus was somewhere else," Bobbi curled her lips.

Maya didn't say anything as she walked over, near the area of an explosion, "the amount of heat is also less. What did you do?"

Primo sat up, "I am going in the opposite direction than you. Imagine a pentagonal chart with five levels for five categories. Strength, durability, speed, regeneration/stamina, and explosiveness. Now, our explosiveness is seven or eight, while all others are five. What you people are doing is trying to bring down this seven without bringing the other four categories. You want to jump the stairs. I want to bring all them to one where they could be balanced."

"And then make an advanced version of them?" Bobbi smiled, "that might just work."

Maya shook her head, "but then it would be nothing different than a health potion."

"True, but then Extremis 1.1 would be the best medicine against cold. Take one, and poof, it's gone. Change a few ingredients without damaging the core, and you have a drug that makes you feel stronger. Change another few, and you'd have something else. I need a core of Extremis that I can play around with. Not a super-soldier serum."

Maya frowned, "Killian wouldn't like that."

Primo walked over, patting her shoulder, "mind if I ask you something? Why are you so obsessed with making Extremis better? Turning into a weapon?"

Maya looked back at him, "it's not like that. You don't understand; Extremis could be so much more than just a common colds medicine! It could heal fatal wounds. It could regrow arms, give powers, intelligence!"

"Take lives," Primo whispered. But his whisper was powerful enough to stop Maya in her tracks.

He walked over, looking at her stoic face, "you have already taken some, haven't you?"

Maya started walking away, "I don't have to tell you anything. You don't have the clearance."

Primo held her hand, pulling her in front of him, narrowing his orange eyes as he looked at her, "it's not about the clearance Maya. We have been here a few months, working on this. I just don't want to be part of something that is going to get more people killed. If we strip Extremis of some parts, then we can make it better. Rather than for Military purposes, we can use it for people. We can choose not to plunge the world into chaos."

Maya pulled her hand away, walking out with a hurt expression. She slammed the door behind her as she exited.

Bobbi slammed the tab on the table, leaning forward, glaring at him with big eyes, "what the hell did you do?! What was that about?!"

Primo leaned on the table, rubbing his face, "what she needed to hear."

"What she needed to hear?! I thought we were here for the Extremis formula and perfect it! Or destroy all the traces if they do perfect it!"

Primo looked up, letting out a breath, "Oh, you misunderstand. That's not the mission. If it's Extremis, then I have perfected it. I have even created Extremis 2.0. That was never the mission."

Bobbi covered her face, "then why are we here?"

"I want AIM, and I want Maya Hansen if possible. Aldrich Killian, I tried. He's too unstable. There is a chance to save Maya...Aldrich...I'll try," Primo whispered.

"You want AIM? We are here to get you some private property?!" Bobbi covered her mouth with an incredulous expression as she stepped back, walking in a circle.

"No, we are here to get Advanced Idea Mechanics. A think tank made of unstable, underperforming scientists has the drive to do something and does not care about the consequences of their inventions. Do you have something better to do? Tell me," Primo asked. 

Bobbi leaned against the table, "No. So what? You want to domesticate them?"

"No. I want to buy AIM...I'll find someone else to become their nanny, or at least, keep an eye on them, and everyone that leaves," Primo let out a breath.

"I thought you retired," Bobbi pressed her lips. 

Primo rubbed his eyes, laughing in his hand, "yeah...I did...I am...but after I did. I realized that this could work in my favor, and I could take AIM, with their headquarters being near my house and all."

Bobbi slid her finger on the tab, "you talked about her obsession. What about yours? Do you want to control the world? Protect it?"

Primo chuckled, his eyes looking distant, "No...nothing like that. I don't want to...I just don't know anything better. Have you ever lived a life where there is only one thing you have been good at? One thing that you know how to do? The only thing...that you have ever known? This is all I know...so when the prospect of living a life...getting a job came...I ran back to my comfort zone."

He stood straight, patting the table, laughing, "next time for sure. Once this is done...I'll try again. For a normal life."

Bobbi curled her lips, "wait...I am coming too. I don't think there is any more work for today."

Primo waved his hand, "I am not going home. I am going to see Maya."

"Should you be going so soon? You just rattled her?"

"I am just going to have some fun," Primo glanced towards her, smiling.

Bobbi parted her lips, smiling, looking down, "sure. I get that."

Primo went to the lady's washroom, looking at Maya wiping her tears in front of the mirror, locking the door behind him.

"Hey..."

Maya glanced towards him, without saying anything, when Primo walked close to her, putting his hand on her shoulder, "look...I am sorry."

Maya shook her head, "No...don't apologize...Primo...I have come too far...I can't back out now."

Primo stroked her cheek, wiping her tears before he softly kissed her lips. He raised her head, sucking on her lips before she started kissing back. He put his hand on her waist, stroking her back, stroked her neck as he held her close, passionately kissing her.

Maya held on to his hand, putting her elbow on his chest just to gain some distance, "Primo...we can't."

Primo raised her body, putting her on the slab, kissing her neck, "husband?"

"No...umm...wait...Primo..."

"Boyfriend?"

"Ahh...no...no..."

"Sex friend?"

"Hah...No..."

Primo pulled back, looking into her eyes, "then what is the problem?"

Maya watched him, wrapping her hands around him, madly kissing him, heavily breathing, "I don't know."

12